“Believe the Good Reviews”

Quality Inn Schaumburg
Ranked #15 of 29 Hotels in Schaumburg
Muncie, Indiana
“Believe the Good Reviews”
Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

Booked a room through Priceline ($55) for our stay for the Taste of Chicago. All the good things we read about the hotel are accurate. Likes: TV on the wall, micro/fridge in rooms, excellent full breakfast.
Dislikes: Wish the free evening drinks would have been for a later time because by the time we got back from the "Taste" it was over. Desk clerks were very friendly and we could actually communicate with them without any difficulty. Close to restaurants , bars , shopping ... You name it.

• Stayed July 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
  • Korean first
Moline, Illinois
Reviewed July 8, 2013

BEST FREE HOT BREAKFAST ever! it's almost like a restaurant buffet. you get tickets at check-in. hotel is extremely clean and friendly too. price is low. great location for o'hare airport or shopping (ikea & woodfield mall) or fun at legoland or medieval times. it's also convenient to Arlington race track & anywhere on the west side suburbs of Chicago. it takes at least 30 minutes to down town Chicago + rush hour traffic time, so I don't recommend doing that! any restaurant you can think of, has a location within 2 miles of this hotel. many can be walked to because hotel is next to the streets of woodfield restaurant section that are south of the mall. it has a lovely indoor pool with hot tub, plenty of chairs, 2 tables, & an outdoor patio. everything was excellent! it may be the best quality suites I've ever stayed in! (i'm surprised it's not a comfort suites.) all rooms have a frig & microwave. there will be no smoky smells here, as they charge $50 if you smoke in the room. taxes are about 15% (usual for Chicago), but we got a great holiday rate of $75 for july 4th. we'll definitely be back!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Chicago
Reviewed June 26, 2013

We booked our trip through Choice privileges website and upon arriving we were greeted with a smile and had our keys within 30 seconds. The room was clean and quiet. The bed was comfortable and spacious. The beautiful fountain in the lobby is a great place to take pictures. We slept in so we did not get to sample the full breakfast but that is ok because we will definitely be returning. Q

Room Tip: Book through the website and write in a comment before you arrive about what you specifically need o...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
New Jersey
Reviewed June 14, 2013

I stayed here by chance the other night, when my flight out of O'Hare was cancelled. The airline told me this was the only hotel available in the area (about 12 miles away), and I was not pleased when I later found out a cab would cost about $60 to get there, and I was even more upset when the driver got us lost. Having to leave the hotel at 4:15 AM to catch my early-morning flight the next morning did not make me feel much better.

I can't say enough about the lady at the front desk when I checked in. I called her when we were lost, and she gave us good directions. Then she happily reserved a taxi service for the next morning, which cost less than what a usual metered taxi would cost.

I did get stuck in a smoking room, but the smell wasn't too bad. It was a no-frills room, but it certainly got the job done. The room was clean, albeit somewhat small, and there were plenty of towels in the bathroom. Considering I was there for only about 8 hours, I didn't use the pool or gym, and didn't stay for breakfast or the evening reception. The free wifi was very good.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank TJH_03
Pa.
Reviewed June 14, 2013

We booked our room online through Choice Privileges website, and the only ones available were smoking, but when we called the hotel the next day, they were very helpful and switched us to a non-smoking room on request since they had had a cancellation. Check in on arrival was easy and pleasant, room was very clean, comfortable, and welcoming. We stayed two nights, and went to the happy hour for drinks and snacks both nights. It was great!! We used the pool both days we were there and were very pleased with the pool and hot tub as well... only issue was that both times we had to go to the front desk for towels since there were no clean ones in the pool area. The hot breakfast was plentiful and good, and the staff was very friendly and helpful with all our questions and requests. The room was quiet and beds were great... we slept verey well both nights. The location is very convenient with easy access to and from I-90 and I-290, Woodfield Mall right across the street, and a good selection of restaurants within walking distance. Only other negative was that when we went to check out early to get on the road, there was no-one at the front desk. Two other travelers were also waiting to check out... one said they had been there for 15 minutes off and on. My husband finally went to the kitchen are and found someone who came and checked us out quickly and efficiently. It seems they need another staff person on duty in the early mornings for travelers who want to get going early and not wait for breakfast. Other than that, everything was great, and I would definitely recommend the hotel to travelers in that area.

Room Tip: Room numbers ending with 1,2, or 3 on any floor are around the chandelier/main lobby area and away f...
Iowa
Reviewed June 5, 2013

My husband, two kids (ages 8 and 1), and I stayed here after returning from a vacation in Mexico as we planned to drive home to Iowa the next day. We were tired after a long day of travel. We hoped to go to bed early and get a good night sleep before our drive. Unfortunately, the combination of our room location and the fact that a group of students from a Lutheran school were there that night kept us from sleeping as well as we would have liked. We had room 114, which was near a gathering area not too far from the pool, fitness room, and elevator. The gathering area had a sofa where the students hung out, talked, and laughed until 11pm and kept us from sleeping as early as we had hoped. If we had a different room farther from their hang-out location or if the students hadn't been there, it would have been a decent stay. The beds were comfortable. The bathroom was small, but it met our needs. We all found something to eat at breakfast - my daughter really liked the mini muffins. The lobby area is attractive with a fountain and fish tank, and computers are available for guests to use. It would have been nice is someone from the front desk, or the leader of the student group, had done something about the noise level.

Room Tip: Room 114 and surrounding rooms could be too loud to sleep due to the sofa nearby where people tend t...
Fishers, Indiana
Reviewed June 4, 2013

Beside Woodfield Mall (Legoland) which is why we were in Schaumburg. So close to Woodfield Mall restaurants. Great breakfast was included. Had a soft drink station which I greatly appreciated, as I usually have to get in car and go hunting for my morning diet coke.