“Great Staff - slightly above average hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Chicago - Woodfield Mall

Extended Stay America - Chicago - Woodfield Mall
Ranked #23 of 29 Hotels in Schaumburg
Denver
“Great Staff - slightly above average hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

The staff here are superb. They are kind and friendly, will stop what they're doing to help, have coffee and tea ready and waiting for the guests, have suggestions and directions for sight seers - they make this hotel better than the physical condition.

The building is undergoing updates in some areas - paint and carpet changes - so the appearance is improving. My room had a musty odor that I could not get rid during the 2 months of my stay. I was so sick of the odor, I left a few days early to stay somewhere else.

My room was about the same size as a standard hotel room but it had a kitchenette with a 2 burner stove and apartment size refrigerator. There is no dishwasher so I was not able to sanitize the dishes or silverware before using them. The room and bathroom were clean and had regular cleaning service once a week. (There were no telltale signs of dirt on my socks or feet so I decided the room was clean. I could not figure out where that odor came from though). The bed was low to the ground but surprisingly comfortable.
The hotel is located in an incredibly convenient area of the Northwest suburbs - in Schaumburg - near restaurants, one of the largest malls in Chicago, a forest preserve, major highways and O'Hare Airport.
There is no fitness center and no swimming pool. The guest laundry is pricey at $2.00 for a wash and $2.00 for the dryer. A couple of problems with with this - the front desk usually has no change and local businesses won't give change either; and other guests wash their pet blankets in the laundry so be careful that you don't end up with dog hair on your clothes.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
MackenzieChicago, Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Woodfield Mall, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Thank you for your detailed comments about the hotel. It was very nice of you to take the time to do this. I have shared your comments with the staff. I apologize that you had to check out early. Ironically, we started a major interior renovation on October 8th, right after you departed. I urge you to please come back and try us again when you are in the area. I am sure you will be thrilled with the updates!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Woodridge, Illinois, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

yes the room that i had looks great and clean and everything but the check in really sucks i got to the hotell at 3 am and it is around 11 and now i have to get kicked out i should have eather gotton an extra day for getting the hotel now i have no more money and i have to sleep in my car now this is crappy and bogus as hell

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank Joey V
MackenzieChicago, Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Woodfield Mall, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Thank you for your comments about our Woodfield location. Our published check out time is 11AM however, the staff has been notificed that they should do everything in the ability to extend your check out time if it is possible. I am very sorry we inconvenienced you. Rest assured you situation was addressed with the staff. We are currently going through an extensive renovation of the hotel and urge you to give us another try when you are in the area.
Schaumburg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

The hotel is an excellent property the staff is awesome the service in the last few months has been impecable. Congrats and we LOVE this HOTEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: ROOM 214 is wonderfule
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Woodfield Mall, responded to this review, July 17, 2012
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay America Chicago - Woodfield Mall. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. We know you have many lodging options in the area, which is why providing you and every guest with professional, friendly service is our priority.

Please know that we would be thrilled to have you again as our guest should your travel needs bring you back to our area. Once again, thank you.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

Amazing staff and faculty The rooms are clean an the location is excellent. Very friendly and welcoming. I'd highly recommend to other people.

• Stayed May 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay America Chicago - Woodfield Mall. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our staff is continually coached on how to best provide professional, accommodating, and friendly service to every guest. It sounds like we hit a home run in your case!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

I stayed at this hotel and front desk was awesome, engineer did not miss a thing, and housekeeping was excellent, the location is great!! I recommend this hotel and definite stay there again.

• Stayed May 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Extended Stay America Chicago - Woodfield Mall. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a ""home away from home"" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition.

Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

All I have to say is that I enjoyed my stay at this hotel, staff was very helpfull ( Thanks Ashley ) for all of your help. and it is conveniently located close to the mall and grocery stores... i really loved being here... my room was always cleaned when needed and i always had extra pillows and towels when requested :-) Thanks a lot guys!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you very much for your positive review of Extended Stay America Chicago - Woodfield Mall. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. We know you have many lodging options in the area, which is why providing you and every guest with professional, friendly service is our priority.

Rochester, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

I stayed in Extended Staty America Woodfield Mall hotel for a month and I found the hotel, rooms, the location of the hotel and the courtesy of the lobby staff - everything is just perfect. The staff is very nice and they help in every aspect that is possible. The location is very close to the Woodfield Mall and the office locations of Schaumburg. There are nice restaurants in the vicinity so you don't have to drive too far for your dinners.

From the day I checked in to the last day of my stay at the hotel I found it very comfortable and I will be happy to check into this hotel next time I visit Schaumburg.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
It was very kind of you to for take time to publish such a nice review of your stay at the Extended Stay America Chicago - Woodfield Mall. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. As you know, our unique suites are designed with you in mind. Offering amenities like a full refrigerator, stovetop, free wifi access, and on-premise laundry in exceptionally priced rooms has led us to be the premier extended stay option in the industry. And with guests like you, we will continue to thrive.