“Long term stay”

Extended Stay America - Chicago - Woodfield Mall
Ranked #28 of 29 Hotels in Schaumburg
Reviewed June 22, 2012

I stayed at this hotel and front desk was awesome, engineer did not miss a thing, and housekeeping was excellent, the location is great!! I recommend this hotel and definite stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2012
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Woodfield Mall, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2012

I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Extended Stay America Chicago - Woodfield Mall. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a ""home away from home"" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition.

Reviewed June 19, 2012

All I have to say is that I enjoyed my stay at this hotel, staff was very helpfull ( Thanks Ashley ) for all of your help. and it is conveniently located close to the mall and grocery stores... i really loved being here... my room was always cleaned when needed and i always had extra pillows and towels when requested :-) Thanks a lot guys!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business

Thank you very much for your positive review of Extended Stay America Chicago - Woodfield Mall. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. We know you have many lodging options in the area, which is why providing you and every guest with professional, friendly service is our priority.

Please know that we would be thrilled to have you again as our guest should your travel needs bring you back to our area. Once again, thank you.

Reviewed June 19, 2012

I stayed in Extended Staty America Woodfield Mall hotel for a month and I found the hotel, rooms, the location of the hotel and the courtesy of the lobby staff - everything is just perfect. The staff is very nice and they help in every aspect that is possible. The location is very close to the Woodfield Mall and the office locations of Schaumburg. There are nice restaurants in the vicinity so you don't have to drive too far for your dinners.

From the day I checked in to the last day of my stay at the hotel I found it very comfortable and I will be happy to check into this hotel next time I visit Schaumburg.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business

It was very kind of you to for take time to publish such a nice review of your stay at the Extended Stay America Chicago - Woodfield Mall. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. As you know, our unique suites are designed with you in mind. Offering amenities like a full refrigerator, stovetop, free wifi access, and on-premise laundry in exceptionally priced rooms has led us to be the premier extended stay option in the industry. And with guests like you, we will continue to thrive.

Reviewed June 15, 2012

I have appreciated the friendly and helpful service of the staff and upper management.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed June 8, 2012 via mobile

When we first arrived things were bumpy. It seemed as if it was the employees were a little lost in a sence. Pillows were difficult to get among other things. As of now all extended stays are under going renovations so the first floor is great. Rest of the floors are outdated. But this hotel has a kitchen and a large fridge and microwave. Cost fair between 50- 99 so if your traveling for extended period awesome budget saving has all the basics of home you need. Now going back to the staff well then in comes the new manager comes in Chris Kantos comes in. This guy either kicked some butt or plain simply really know how to run the hotel business. I swear the employees that weren't smiling were. Everything was running like the ceasers palace. Maintaince was working on the outside landscaping, housekeeping was not missing there appts. Chris was pleasent he takes time to get to know you makes you feel well like at home. He took my problems and took care of my families trip. In fact when leaving I forgot something he drove a ways out his way to drop of my daughters toy. In fact he just did it. I even didn't know it was gone until the the front desk of the new hotel I was staying at because of business not choice called. Extended Stay Execs triple his salary secure his time with you or else he will be running a 1000 a night hotel. If your the reginal gm Chris is the guy that should have your job training other managers. Chris made this hotel a five star service in a day. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone. I can't wait to see this hotel in the coming months.

• Stayed: May 2012
2  Thank Pocenas

I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such a glowing review about your experience at Extended Stay America Chicago - Woodfield Mall. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. Our business is one in which the staff gets to know our guests, who sometimes stay with us for weeks or months. We believe that building a professional, courteous, and accommodating relationship with our customers will continue to bring them back for future stays.

Reviewed October 27, 2011

Stayed at this hotel as I was attending a conference nearby for work. I thought the location was good to the conference, shopping and dining. The outside of the hotel looked inviting but the inside was less than could be desired. There were handprints on the Ceiling above one of the beds. The. Beds were uncomfortable and gave me a creepy feeling. Walls were very thin and I was woken several times by people outside talking and yelling. The room was very dated. TV was very small and the channels were limited. I was there for only one night but but if I had to stay "extended" I would be finding another place to stay. I had to go to the front desk to ask fora hair dryer. There were no toiletries (shampoo conditioner etc.)

• Stayed: October 2011
Reviewed January 22, 2011

Do not have any type emergencies after 11pm at this hotel because you will be stuck out of your room until ther next day. I am sitting in my car with snow piling up and 7 degree weather outside and can not access my room. I went to the emergency room at 1:30 am and left my key in case they hospitalized me so someone could access my room. I returned at 4:38pm after finding out I had walking pneumonia and wanted to lay down until check-out and my 3 hour drive. I sat in the lobby and called the after hour line 6x and then talked to a corporate customer service person 3x and I still could not find anyone to open the front door.
In this economy every dime counts and customer service makes the difference. The company that was made the reservations and took care of everything wanted a review of the hotel before signing and exclusive with Extended Stay nation wide............well. I am willing to pay out of pocket for the rooms to ensure that there are no excuses for them to use to justify this poor service. I actually wanted to make a reservation for a 4 month stay before leaving...............NOT!
By the way, it took the front desk 10 mins to tell me the nearest hospital. Something like "who delivers food?" I can understand not having an immediate answer for but you aren't asking for hospital at 1 in the morning to just go visit so I would think you would have this information available quickly. Thank goodness for gps because they did not even tell me the actual nearest hospital anyway.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business