“My new place to stay when visiting Chicago!!”

Wyndham Garden Schaumburg Chicago Northwest
Ranked #25 of 29 Hotels in Schaumburg
Port Huron
“My new place to stay when visiting Chicago!!”
Reviewed December 28, 2013

Previously when visiting my daughter/son-in-law in the Chicago area we have stayed in their apartment. They had a baby in December so new arrangements needed to be made. My teenage son and I stayed at Best Western Plus in Schaumburg and our experience was fantastic. The place was spotless which isn't surprising as staff was frequently cleaning. I slept better than I have in a long time and the only thing that got me out of bed when I did was to eat the free breakfast provided with our stay. The hot items were greatly appreciated as most hotels do not offer them. I look forward to my next visit to my daughter's as I no longer have to worry about where I will stay.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
  • Korean first
Schaumburg, United States
Reviewed December 22, 2013

I had a very nice stay at the Schaumburg Best Western. The staff was very nice and helpful. For an older hotel, they have done a good job renovating it, bathroom is still a little on the outdated side, but great beds and very clean. Only complaint was the room was very hot and stuffy, had to turn off the heat.

Madison, WI
Reviewed December 22, 2013

stayed one night before heading into Chicago for the weekend. $58 rate on Cheap Rooms. Hotel was renovated and room was clean (believe me, I check!). Breakfast was included making it an even better value. Breakfast buffet with hot and cold foods. 3 minute drive to woodfield mall. Will stay here again if we are in the area.

Andover, Minnesota
Reviewed December 1, 2013 via mobile

This Best Western did a nice remodeling job, but still needs more updates to compete. The lobby and halls looks fresh, but the bathrooms are still very dated with older tile and extremely small vanities. I did like the staff. They were very friendly and professional. I also liked the convenience of having a bar on sight! The bar also served as the breakfast room. The food was very good. I really liked the modern bar space the best! If BW changed their dated painted steel doors and remodeled the baths, this could be 3.5 star.

• Stayed December 2013
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed November 28, 2013

This hotel is utterly fantastic! All the people were fantastic and friendly and extremely accommodating. Room service, restaurant connected to hotel. Food is excellent. Newspaper at no charge can be delivered to your room. And in the evening, complimentary coffee and freshly made cookies are available at the Frount desk.

A really awesome place to stay,

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
Reviewed November 20, 2013

I had decided to spend the rest of my stay in Chicago area in Schuamburg to be closer to my friends. So I went on Priceline and did best price hotel deal. I was given Best Western Plus. I was not thinking anything of it. But when I got there, they couldn't find my reservation but once I had a confirmation number from Priceline she was able to pull up. Someone had checked me in already, weird but she fixed it and took very good care of me. I was checking in early and that had a room ready for me. Once I got to the room, I was amazed at how big it was, how beautiful it was and how comfortable it felt. The place had everything you could want for one great price. Also, I recommend taking the breakfast buffet every morning which is comped. It is amazing and so worth getting up for. I will be staying here again!!!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed November 16, 2013

This is a average Best western Hotel. the outside is better than most. God location I noticed the floors in the room were very cold and had a cold draft. The Hotel is cold everyone is wearing a winter coat or a hoodie in the hotel.Now i noticed this hotel had many family bring in bags of food and clothes. To meet it looks like this hotel houses displaced family's The free is best to skip. Missing sppons. Beverages absent Stale dry cereal and some low grade sliced sausage.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business