“Great place to stay, wonderful staff, delicious food!”

Wyndham Garden Schaumburg Chicago Northwest
Ranked #27 of 29 Hotels in Schaumburg
Carson City, Nevada
“Great place to stay, wonderful staff, delicious food!”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

I recently attended a conference at the Schaumburg Hotel and Conference Center and stayed here. It is so close to the center I walked back and forth from the hotel. The staff, service, food, and rates were amazing! I highly recommend it.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Jin P, Front Office Manager at Wyndham Garden Schaumburg Chicago Northwest, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 847-397-1500.

14196 Property
Front Desk Supervisor
BEST WESTERN PLUS Schaumburg Hotel & Conference Center

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
  • Korean first
LaGrange, IL
Reviewed July 28, 2013

this is my second stay here at this hotel in the past few months. my first stay was fine, but the people at the customer service desk made mine and my husband's stay very stressful. here are some of the problems i encountered: 1) we arrived at 2:55, didn't get checked in until 3:23! There were no people ahead of us when we arrived, so we were taken care of as soon as we walked in. but there was such confusion with my check in that it took 3 workers to get me checked in. i was paying with gift cards, 3 best western cards. at 3:23pm they still hadn't figured out how to apply my gift cards, so we gave them our credit card and AAA card and they made copies of everything, they gave us our room key. it took almost a half hour to check us in, longest check-in I've ever had. 2) upon arrival to our room at 3:25, we couldn't get in our room, the keys weren't working after several dozen times of trying, so we had to go back downstairs and let the front desk know the keys weren't working. so they reset them and said they will be working for sure this time. 3) my husband and i went back upstairs to finally get into our room to get changed for our party reservations in the area, and once again, our key wasn't working after several dozen times of trying both keys. we tracked down housekeeping a few doors down, asked her to help us with our keys, she tried to help us get in with our keys but after seeing our keys weren't working, she let us in with her key. 3) we went downstairs after quickly getting ready for our party, and told the front desk staff (all three staff) that our key *still* wasn't working. they just had us leave the key with them and said by the time we get back (by 7pm) our key should be working. This was very inconvenient. 4) the last time we stayed, we worked out in your gym drank some of the jugged water you supply after a workout, then ate a cookie from the evening cookie presentation. This time, however, was a different story. we went to get our cookie, and there were none made. i know a lack of cookies seems like a trivial matter, but when it was there last time and offered to me, it was the service i came to expect. i had to ask them, "do you have any cookies?" the girl that had been there the longest (not heather, but the other blonde with curly hair) said, "no, we don't have cookies." I reminded her of my last stay (she wasn't there then) and how otis cookies are usually set out in the evening at most best western hotels. she had played dumb about this. then marcela(?) came out and said they didn't make any but they can call to have some made. she seemed quite irritated. so did the blonde with curly hair, seemed very irritated that we asked about the usual cookies. 4) while awaiting the cookies, we decided to go workout, but then when we got in the gym we saw the water jug was completely empty. we had to go back out to the front desk and let them know the water in the gym is empty. the blonde with the curly hair said to another girl, "let's call maintenance" in an irritated tone. another girl said, don't we have any jugs of water left? marcela said the water will be available shortly. so back up to our room we went waiting for the gym to refill the water. 5) at checkout, marcela was very unfriendly, didn't bother to ask us how our stay was, just told us they can't print receipts at the moment. so we weren't sure what we're being charged. she said she would email a receipt, which i haven't received yet. Overall, this was extremely subpar service compared to what we received last time. i understand one girl was new, Heather, and she was apologetic and friendly during our problems, but she couldn't help us as she was relying on the others to teach her. based on the attitudes of the others, lack of customer service skills, time to check in, keys not working, and complimentary amenities not being available as usual, I wouldn't stay here again or recommend this hotel to someone else. as far as staff friendliness, helpfulness, and problem -free stays, i would recommend BW countryside or naperville as the best of the best in the BW chicagoland hotels.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

1 Thank NucMed1975
Jin P, General Manager at Wyndham Garden Schaumburg Chicago Northwest, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
On behalf of the hotel, let me extend my deepest regrets for your dissatisfactory stay at the Best Western Plus. I see from your review there were many areas where we could have stepped up and provided better customer service. I understand your previous stay, before your last one was satisfactory. We pride ourselves on a consistent level of customer service, and want every guest who stays at our hotel to enjoy their stay. I have reviewed all customer service issues with the entire front desk staff, as you said in your review, and we will try to keep consistent level of service.
Please give us another chance to meet your expectation in the near future, please let us know if you plan to visit Schaumburg.

Travelers are raving about these Schaumburg hotels

New York City, New York
Reviewed July 18, 2013

What other words can I use to describe my stay at this hotel? I stayed here recently for business and I was so impressed from the moment I walked in. I usually am put up at another hotel in the area because that other hotel has a partnership with my company; I am asking my company to change that and partner with this hotel. The staff was so outgoing and friendly and just made me feel like I've known them my entire life. I can't even explain it. It was not robotic or scripted; not one of the employees I came across was negative or unsmiling. NOT ONE! These are employees that like their jobs! I did everything I could to get all their names as I need to list them here so others can hopefully meet them! At the Front Desk; Avni was a complete sweetheart and so absolutely friendly! Kyle was so knowledgable and helpful and went out of his way to assist me and genuinely cared about ensuring I was happy! Bill in the restaurant/bar was charming and made me laugh so hard. Maria in Housekeeping was so lovely and always had a huge smile and always asked how I was or how my stay was or to have a nice day. Kim from Sales was so genuine and caring about my well being; ensuring I had water before I walked out the door warning me about the heatwave that was overtaking the area and offering to help me with my luggage to my car! Who in Sales does that?! I mean I felt like I went back in time to simpler days when everyone said hi to everyone and everyone knew their neighbors and helped each other out. How I miss those days! And the hotel itself? Gorgeous. Clean. Innovative. Restaurant and Bar had large servings and great food! Had everything I needed and more. I can't wait to come back and meet more of the staff! Keep up the great job folks! I found a hotel that is doing something right!

2 Thank Geanine J
I thank you for your comments, and I am happy you enjoyed our hotel. I pride myself on making sure customer service is priority #1 with the staff, and would like to give our hotel another chance to shine for you. If you find yourself in the Schaumburg area, and would like to give our hotel another chance, we pride ourselves on a clean hotel, excellent amenities, and a staff that holds customer service in the highest regards

Thanks
Scotland
Reviewed July 17, 2013

I arrived at this hotel believing my company had checked me in for 3 days/nights. Through no fault of the hotel, I was booked in for 1 night only. Having just travelled from LA and been on the go for over 13 hours, I was concerned that I wouldn't have alternative accommodation.

I am always honest, so I have to say that, when I arrived, the receptionist who checked me in had to be prompted to assist me and he only gave me the name of a neighbouring hotel. Unfortunately, there is a big conference in Chicago this weekend and rooms are limited and I was struggling.

However, as soon as I was settled in my room, I went down for dinner and I was immediately impressed. The second I approached the entrance to bar/grill I was greeted by Avni and another member of staff. What a genuinely lovely welcome; I have just spent 2 weeks in a 'lovely' hotel (more expensive) in California and I didn't get that genuine reception once - All smiles and no heart.

I was served by Bill and Mary Ellen (it was her first day) and they were just lovely! They both took time to make conversation with me and it was appreciated. Mary Ellen is a sweet girl who will do very well in this industry.

The service was excellent and the atmosphere in the restaurant was perfect. It was spotlessly clean with great lighting and fantastic music!

Through conversation, Bill discovered my accommodation problem and IMMEDIATELY tried to help. And he did! He found a neighbouring hotel with a room and subsequently passed me to Avni.

Avni is the most charming, efficient and friendly young lady who instantly solved my problem although I am sure it wasn't easy.

I was checked into a neighbouring hotel for the remainder of my trip and Avni gave me every single, detail I needed to make the transition stress-free.

Room: Spotlessly clean, nicely decorated with lovely, good quality toiletries in the bathroom. Big TV, air con. Can't fault the room at all.

I am sure I am not the only person Avni and Bill have helped in the way they did. They are ALL a credit to their employers and I would definitely return.

Thank you.

5 Thank Traveller206
I am so very happy your stay at the Best Western Plus was excellent. We pride ourselves on making sure every guest who stays at our hotel, has an experience they will enjoy and remember. The NEW Entre Bar & Grill has been a fine addition, with many guests enjoying tasty dishes, or having fun in the lounge area on one of the night's we sponsor an event. We always like to hear from our guests and look forward to serving you again in the near future. If you would like to make a reservation, or feel you have more insights about the hotel, I can be reached via web at jin.park@bwschaumburg.com
Somewhere in USA
Reviewed July 16, 2013

This hotel provided our family members with excellent service throughout our reunion weekend. The staff was very friendly and attentive. The hotel decided to give our family a special party on our last day in the Grille Restaurant/Bar Lounge. It was a lot of fun. Our time spent in the bar was very pleasurable and fun. The only downside to the service was the banquet food, provided by the hotel, was not very pleasurable. Overall, we enjoyed the hotel, the restaurant/bar, and the staff. I would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling in the Schaumburg area.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank CAR12241
Reviewed July 16, 2013

We chose this place based on the location - a little off the main road and we just loved our one night stay here. We didn't have reservations, but Jackie at the front desk got us a king sized bed room for an amazing price. We didn't know our Best Western number, and she took the time to look it up. We're those people who don't remember whose name or number. . . I know, annoying, and she patiently looked it up and wrote the number down for our next stay, and we'd stay again.

Very convenient, easy parking, the rooms are fresh and new and chic looking. The bed was comfy and the grounds were pretty for a little walk on green space. A great bargain.

Downtown Chicago has so much to offer, but we wanted a quiet weekend of shopping and art (well, at least I did!) and the fair price and perfect location turned a day trip into a get away. Thanks so much!

1 Thank MadEater
Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.
Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. By telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future. Many people who like you choose our hotel because our location. As you know, our hotel located easy to find and close to Mall and IKEA, lot of attraction for people who want to avoid downtown stay. We hope you will come back and see us again soon.
Peoria, United States
Reviewed July 16, 2013

This hotel is so close to the exit on I-90 and 15-20 mins from O'Hare airport. Very nicely maintained and staff are very helpful and pleasing. This is the only Best Western hotel I have come across with no complementary breakfast but I got the room for the very best price and so I have no regrets (on top of that I got a free breakfast coupon for myself and my wife, thanks to Kyle). I definitely recommend this place to stay.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western