“Wow! Just Wow!”

Ranked #25 of 29 Hotels in Schaumburg
Wheeling, IL
“Wow! Just Wow!”
Reviewed June 11, 2013

I have not had much experience with Best Westerns in recent years. I guess I always considered them like road trip hotels with my family when I was a young kid...You know; cheap and no amenities, on the side of the road when you're traveling? I recently stayed at the one in Schaumburg and they have come a long way! I was so impressed with this hotel that I even sent a letter to Best Western's Corporate Headquarters. First; Service...Excellent; that's all there is to it. They went above and beyond and every employee I came across was very friendly. Second; this is not your side of the road hotel; it's gorgeous and immaculate...It has a restaurant and bar, swimming pool, wireless internet for free, workout room, free shuttle service locally, Sleep Number beds..LOVE THAT as it was SO comfortable! Microwave and refrigerator in the room. I mean Seriously...this is a full service hotel with the amenities, decor and service that comes along with the best of the best. I will definitely be back and will be frequenting Best Western now while I'm on the road for work. Just an FYI...I will say that I don't know if this has anything to do with it but I checked out Best Western's collateral they had during my stay here and they have PLUS and PREMIER level Best Western's now so not sure if this has something to do with why this one is so nice. I asked the Front Desk about the difference and they explained since they have the restaurant and bar, they are actually a Premier but they also need to have a certain amount of suites and they don't have the amount required as of yet and that is the only reason they are not a premier.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Adam U

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
  • Korean first
Chicago
Reviewed June 11, 2013

I absolutely love this hotel! From the outside it looks like any standard hotel but walking in, I was amazed at how beautiful and spacious it was!! Loved the Staff! Everyone was so friendly and helpful. Restaurant and Bar was fabulous! Rooms were standard sized hotel rooms but clean and modern looking. Rates were so much cheaper than all the hotels around it and its got everything and is just so nice! My son and his friends LOVED the pool! I will DEFINITELY be staying here again when Im up in Schaumburg.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Kimberly M
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Rooms are small and our tub, toilet and a/c were broken. Staff was not helpful at all. No breakfast included of any kind. Location overall is pretty good but neighborhood directly around it is a little sketchy. Rooms need updating. I've stayed in much nicer 2.5 star hotels.

• Stayed May 2013

Travelers are raving about these Schaumburg hotels

Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for a Three Blind Mice Miniatures Show in April 2013. Adequate rooms, but when we were there there was a steady wind, and something in our area of the hotel was making a "wind over a bottle" noise like a fog horn on odd, irregular intervals. It was enough to wake us through the night multiple times. On our way out the next morning I couldn't get desk personnel to be interested in it. It was really loud in the hall outside our room. Nope, they didn't want to investigate. "Huh, how about a slip of paper for free breakfast?" So we got that. But my thought was some vent through the roof needs a cap on it.
As for the room, no microwave but it had a small refrigerator. No DVD player. Had a hair dryer. View of Schaumburg, nothing spectacular. Book online... and our room was across from the elevator, so you may want to ask for somewhere else. In case of wind. Headed to the Windy City.

• Stayed April 2013
Lincoln, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 12, 2013

I was part of a reasonably sizable business party, who arrived at short notice, having been delayed as we traveled through Chicago airport. We needed 2- 3 nights for the party and the hotel reacted very well to our no notice arrival and our dynamically changing booking requirements and demands, as far as specific processes we required for Invoicing and payment management, for the whole party.
All of the staff approached our requests from a start point that nothing was too much trouble and it proved to be true. They supported us with assistance and flexibility throughout our visit with them.
All of the party were experienced travelers and all have said they have nothing but positives to say about the hotel. So this is really a review for all of the party.
Value for money very good and the food and bar services of a good standard, all in all a very pleasant stay for us all!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Goat944
Jin P, Front Office Manager at Wyndham Garden Schaumburg Chicago Northwest, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 847-397-1500.

14196 Property