“Good for family”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago Schaumburg
Ranked #4 of 29 Hotels in Schaumburg
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 17, 2013

The room was clean, the staff were helpful, the location was excellent for shopping and visiting the area. Our visit happened to occur when several large groups of youth were present which made public areas crowded.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
chism815, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago Schaumburg, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2013

Thank you for your feedback!! On the weekends we are very busy, especially during the summer months. I hope you will come back and see us again.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

my fiancé was checked in here for work - he had to travel from MN to IL - I joined him for the weekend - to me the room had a musty smell - the carpet needs a cleaning.
actually the room seemed dark and dingy - room 116 I believe. I could not stay there - so when I went to visit him and I saw how old the building was and the state of the room I had him check out right away and we went to the Hilton garden inn in Hoffman estates. we like the Hilton brand but i did not care of this place. maybe we had a bad room - but it just was not a place i could stay in - not even for the 2 nights that i was in town.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
chism815, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago Schaumburg, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2013

Hello Megan S,

First off I want to apologize for the experience you had at our hotel. We strive to give our guest the most memorable stay we can and unfortunately you will remember us for other reasons. Secondly, thank you for leaving a comment about your stay with us. Guest comments help us to provide a better product. I do remember this incident, we had an issue with the guest in the room next to you that had been cooking and it had quite an odor that effected some of the rooms around it. I can assure you, your room was clean and our housekeeping staff did there best remove the order. I know we were sold out and not able to provide another room. It was our problem and should not of become yours. I would like to invite you back to our property so you can truly see what kind of product we have. Please contact me at the hotel.

Thanks, Jason

Reviewed July 12, 2013

Loved the "homemade" or rather, cooked on premises blueberry breakfast scones and the range of teas/coffees.
Take out containers were a great idea for those in your party still in bed who'd otherwise have missed breakfast.
Pity that free dinners were not available Fridays as well.
Only thing not great was cleaning as the light switch was filthy and there were hairs in the bathroom area from a previous visitor or cleaning team.
Please get cleaners to remember to clean in the bathroom cupboards as well.

Room Tip: Oops - I never ate in the restaurant or spa but couldn't "unclick" once Please fix t...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

I wanted to thank you for your comments and I do apologize that you found hair and your light switch was dirty. I have forwarded on your comments to our Executive Housekeeper. I hope you will try us again in the future. Take care.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

We stayed at this hotel twice in the past and so decided to stay again. They are under new management and they have remodeled. It was outdated last time and I think that they did a very great job with everything cosmetic. Unfortunately, the hot tub was down but the pool was warm and the staff that had previously been there was very welcoming.
A young man checked us in and when we went to pay the first night he went over all these rules and fees, that we had been told we did not need to pay. He insisted and the Manager Jay stepped in and made it right.
However, we did have a few problems. We were going to grill hamburgers, but when we asked for tools and were told they could not give them to us because "it was a liability." We had a spatula but how did they expect us to scrape them down for use? Nobody travels with a grill scrapper.
Also, the burners did not work unless you had them both on, because of bad wiring and the chair in the living room was broken.
All in all, even with our problems we thought we had a good stay. But upon checking my Mom's Hilton Honors account, this hotel took 8,000 points for a night that we were not even in house. Hilton acknowledges that this did in fact occur and is working to fix it. But due to our issues and this points issue we will look elsewhere when we return to the area.

Room Tip: Stay in an outside beulding if you can. It provides a more private feel and if you like a bigger roo...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 9, 2013

We stayed in this hotel for 8 nights while at a dance competition. We had 3 rooms between 10 of us and it worked out great. Rooms were clean and staff was extremely accommodating. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank you for the great rating!!!!. We hope your time here was enjoyable and hope you will stay with us again.

Reviewed June 28, 2013

This hotel was the nicest and cleanest Homewood Suites we've stayed at. The food was great. We would have stayed an additional night, but we couldn't get it at the rate for our other three nights, so we stayed at another hotel for the 4th night. Great trip overall. The hot tub should be taken out or fixed, but the pool was great and we used it everyday.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank you so much for the 5 star rating!!! I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I am sorry we were not able to accommodate you for a fourth night. I hope you will come and see us again.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

very good hotel and friendly helpful staff, some difficulty finding my room at a late hr. when my plane arrived late. Had to park very far from my room then carry my bags the distance. Breasfast items need to be brought out earlier in the morning to accomadate early business risers.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Peter T

Thank you for the great rating. Are breakfast starts at 6:30 am during the week and & on the weekends. The ladies are usually setting up about six. Next time we could probably at least get you a bagel. I hope you will stay with us again.