“Tucked away and quiet”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago Schaumburg
Ranked #4 of 29 Hotels in Schaumburg
Reviewed June 17, 2013

This was my first stay at a Homewood Suites. The price was right (price drops Friday, Saturday and Sunday) and the location wasn't too far out of the way. There is free wi-fi and the free breakfast was adequate. The waffles were wonderful. Monday thru Thursday, the hotel provides a small dinner meal, however, I was not able to participate.

The rooms don't have much light, however they are a very nice size. The bed was comfortable and there is lots of room for my stuff.

My only complaint about this hotel is that there are not enough parking spaces. I was in building B, however, at night, there were no parking spaces by building B, so I had to park up by building A. The walk was not very long, however, when one is tired, every step counts.

I'll probably stay at the hotel again next year when the convention retuns to the area.

Room Tip: One king and one sofa bed in the standard room. There is a door between the bedroom and the living...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
chism815, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago Schaumburg, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2013

Hi travelingsenior,

Thank you for your feedback!!! I hope next time you stay with us you will be able to join us during our complimentary evening reception. I am sorry the parking was an issue for you. Usually our parking lot is more than adequate. We were sold out and there were some guest with trailers and multiple vehicles. We look forward to hosting you again.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

I am a Gold Honors member and always stay at Hilton properties as I am able. This hotel experience was awful. The front desk staff is great, very helpful and professional. The room was in bad shape, dirty, smelled, iron didn't work, stained carpet and furniture, bathroom was filthy and the wall was damaged - it almost looked like termites or mold. I was very disappointed and won't stay again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Debbie S

Once again, I would like to apologize for the condition of the room you stayed. As I said to you in my email I sent you, Thank you for brining it to my attention and giving us the opportunity to fix it for the next guest. My offer still stands, just let me know.

Reviewed June 14, 2013

Wonderful, room, grounds, location, breakfast, and staff. Very clean and comfortable. Highly recommend to anyone staying in Chicago area. Surrounded by loads of shopping and restaurants. Very nice pool and bbq area.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Hotel is in the middle of great neighborhood & walking distance to woodfield mall. Compolimentarty breakfast & dinner is awesome, food is excellent & they make life easy if you are on a business trip.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Hi Mostafa S!!!! Thank you for the praise and the 5 star rating. We read all the responses and value your feedback. I hope you will come and stay with us in the future. Take care!!!

Reviewed June 6, 2013

The price was ok. The breakfast was ok. The room was ok. For all the glowing reviews and being #1 hotel in this area on a couple of different apps and websites... I was let down. There were holes in the walls and the tile in the bathroom looked a little sketchy. The room didn't necessarily smell bad... but it certainly didn't smell good. The hallway on the first floor most certainly smelled bad. At that point we almost walked out... probably should have.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Ben R
Reviewed June 6, 2013

We stayed here because of the rate and Hilton name - we thought it would be better than the competitors. Instead, even thought the lobby was nice and the counters were all upgraded, the property was not 'high end'. Some rooms had plungers sitting outside the door and it appeared they did not maintain the greenery nor walk ways/stairways. The rooms are extremely noisy and all the doors slam hard when neighbors enter/leave room (probably could be avoided). It was nice to have separate living/sleeping area and the bathroom was very nice (separate/large counter area and closet space!) The furniture was very outdated (early American?) At nice they have a Manager's reception and they were very nice but the found, in my opinion, was not great but does the trick. Breakfast was better with fresh whole fruit and several options to choose from - even though the eggs were terrible (boxed?) There were a lot of nationals hanging (Islamic?) around - kind of scary. Not friendly.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 5, 2013

We were in for a baseball tournament (7 families) and the staff could not have been any nicer. The king/double suites worked great for our group and the large breakfast was a prefect start for the boys each morning. A BIG Thanks ! to Colby Wargin, Sales Manager, for her super service from the beginning with accommadating our group. Check in/out was a breeze for all our families. We will be back !

Jo M. / Cincinnati Fury

Room Tip: If you are attending a event at Olympic Park - Schaumburg - this Homewood Suite location is within 5...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
chism815, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago Schaumburg, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2013

Thank you so much for the 5 STAR rating!!! It was a pleasure having your group here. I'm Glad Colby was able to be so accomodating. She does a great job and I will pass along your comments to her. I hope you will give us the opportunity to host your group again. Take care!!!