“Enjoyed another weekend at this Homewood!”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago Schaumburg
Ranked #4 of 29 Hotels in Schaumburg
Reviewed February 29, 2012

We booked our 2/24 to 2/26 stay on the Hilton website in January through their Any Weekend Anywhere promotion. We chose a fireplace suite this time & enjoyed that. Although, we have been to this Homewood countless times, I feel that the customer service we received this time, was better than ever. The hotel is currently going through renovations, so I expect our next visit will be even better. As usual, the rooms were clean & breakfast was good. We love this location, it is close to great restaurants & shopping.

Room Tip: We loved our Fireplace Suite # 312
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
chism815, Sales Associate at Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago Schaumburg, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2012

Dear BradnCheryl,
Thank you again for staying with us in February! We are pleased that you enjoyed your Master suite and our staff. We are finishing up our renovation, and all of our rooms now have updated vanities and bathrooms.

I hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed February 23, 2012

Stayed here for 2 nights in February 2012. The rate was really low (we booked on the Hilton site with the AAA discount), so I was not expecting much--was I surprised. Check in was quick and trouble free with offers of extra towels and ice. The room was very large and very well maintained. The beds were very comfortable. The absolute best part, though, was the free breakfast. Not your traditional fare of cold cereals and stale bagles. It was a fabulous spread which changed each day we were there (we were only there on a Saturday and Sunday). Eggs, bacon/sausage, coffees, teas, muffins (you must try the chocolate muffin---WOW!), assortment of breads and muffins, milks, yogurts, waffles. It was a very quiet property and looked like it may have been a former apartment complex. We were thoroughly impressed and will defintely stay here next time.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends

Good Afternoon ChrisBStl,

Thank you for staying with us and for the wonderful review! I will make sure that the breakfast attendants are aware of your glowing review. We hope that you will come back and stay soon! Let me know when you are coming back and I will try to make sure we have chocolate muffins during your stay!

Reviewed February 9, 2012

This was an impulsive trip, it was made at the last minute. What a wonderful surprise as I entered the room. It was Quiet and Clean and most important Cozy. It was like your very own home. The hotel is in a great location. Great Breakfast and the most Courteous staff. I will return.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank mrsbdp92

Dear Mrsbdp92,

I am very pleased to hear that your spur-of-the-moment trip was a successful one! I am happy that you felt at home, our hope at the Homewood Suites Schaumburg is to make everyone feel welcome!

We look forward to your return!

Reviewed February 2, 2012

I am checking out tomorrow morning after a 5 day stay on a business trip, but wanted to get my review out as time kind of slips by once you return from the trip!

I have stayed in other Homewood Suites and this was set up exactly the same. You have 4 apartment type rooms per building, access is outside but I preferred that rather than being confined to a long hallway. I was in room 143 which is closest to the lobby but barely ever heard anyone during my stay.

I've attached some pictures I took upon checkin, they are a bit dark as it was after 5. Overall great room setup, I like the fact that the living room veers off in an L shape and it's not one big long narrow room like at Embassy Suites for example. Like having the fridge, it is not a full size fridge (I would say 3/4, my 10 year old would have gotten a kick out of it), microwave, and sink. The two burner stove you can cook on but there is no oven so no making pizza. One thing I was suprised by is that the fridge did not have an ice maker, but there were ice trays and a pitcher so I just used that.

Value wise it's great, they serve hot breakfast every morning and Mon-Thurs have a manager's reception with dinner and beer or wine. I ended up working 2 of the nights here and really appreciated that they provided takeout containers so I could bring the food back and eat when I got the chance.

One minor note, the water is hard. Bring conditioner and plenty of it or you will be having a bad hair day.

Room Tip: I liked being close to the lobby, would not have liked being on an upper floor.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business

Dear Whoa Baby,

I would like to thank you for staying with us, and hope that you will be coming back to us soon! I am pleased to hear you had a nice stay and we really appreciate the kind review!

Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you!

Reviewed January 28, 2012

I decided to try this hotel after staying at a another Hilton property on numerous occassions that year. This hotel is in a great location with easy access to major traffic thoroughfares, businesses, shopping, etc... The 'suite' was clean and comfortable with a nicely appointed kitchette - microwave, dishwasher, 2-burner stove, full frig, utensils, cookware, etc... My only issue was that in the 'living area' there was only one electrical plug with two outlets - not terribly conducive to working. But it may have been the room that I had. They are clearly working on upgrading and refurbishing rooms - lots of construction material on the backside of the property. A couple of other notes - there is a breakfast in the AM and dinner in the PM. The Whole Foods Market is only about a 5-minute drive if you'd rather cook for yourself :) (this is a bonus for me since I am fussy about food and travel a great deal). There is a nice, albiet small, fitness center - a couple of treadmills and an elliptical (each with their own remote!), yoga mats, small set of weights and several medicine balls (nice touch). And a pool (closed in winter :)

Quiet location - no road noise - no noise from planes taking off at O'Hare

And the service was excellent. A knob on the stove-top was broken, so I left a note for housekeeping and it was fixed straightway.

I will definetely be back.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business

Dear Karen E,

Thank you for your nice comment on our hotel! We hope that you will stay with us again the next time you are in Schaumburg!

Have a lovely day!

Reviewed January 22, 2012

We have stayed here on a number of occasions, every time we were satisfied with the staff and rooms.

The last time we stayed we were in a lower room. The people above us came in at 3:00 in the morning and walked around for 2 hours. The room above made the curling creek every time they walked around.

I would ask for a room on the second floor next time. Other than that 1 experience this hotel has been great. They even apologized for the rude guests behavior and offered a gift card.

I will stay again.

• Stayed: January 2012

Dear Pminear,
Thank you for your comments for our hotel. We value our staff and hope that they were accommodating to you! I am sorry to hear you had noisy neighbors. I hope that next time you come in, please let me know, and I will do what I can to have you on an upper floor.

Reviewed December 20, 2011

We stayed here for one night for a shopping trip. The hotel was located close to Woodfield Mall, but not so close that we got caught in the Christmas shopping traffic. The suite was clean, spacious, and quiet. About 10 minutes after we got settled in our room, the front desk called to make sure everything was as expected, which was a very nice touch.We were in the back building, which is not connected to the building with the dining area, so we had to go outside when going to breakfast. For us, that was preferable as we didn't hear all of the sounds of breakfast preparation and families with kids eating an early breakfast. For someone who wanted the convenience of going to breakfast without putting on a coat, this might have been a negative. I would definitely stay here again when traveling to Schaumburg.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank ChambanaTraveler

Dear ChambanaTraveler,

We appreciate your wonderful review of our hotel! We hope that you will come back and see us soon, as we have made many improvements!

Have a wonderful day!