Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago Schaumburg
$107
$109
SpringHill Suites
$128
Holiday Inn Express Chicago - Schaumburg(Schaumburg)(Great Value!)
$89
$84
Days Inn & Suites Schaumburg(Schaumburg)(Great Value!)
$76
$99
$62
$101
$98
All reviewsfront deskhome away from homeapartment complexstove topfull kitchenbasketball courtbreakfast and dinneroutdoor poolliving areagreat place to staygreat roomwoodfield mallwafflesfree breakfastbusiness tripshopping and restaurantsdefinitely stay here again
Reviewed December 18, 2011

As far as Homewood Suites goes, this one has a bit of wear-and-tear (although, there were signs in the lobby about renovating). Our room had some worn and dirty furniture and the ceiling fan was encased in dust. The rate was decent, which made the stay worth it. We would not recommend it if the price is too high, as there are many, many other hotels in the area. However, you can't beat the pull-out-couch as a third bed when traveling with teenage kids!

Room Tip: Do not pick 228
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 31, 2011

When my husband and I found out we'd be staying in Schaumburg for 2-3 months, I wanted to stay somewhere that offered hotel amenities with a touch of the home feeling. The Homewood Suites has fit that bill fantastically.

We were walk-ins at the time of booking. When we explained we would be in the area for an extended period, we not only received an explanation of the amenities and pricing options (including discounts for longer stays), but we were asked about prefences and were given a key to check out the room before booking. After a brief room check, we booked a room right there and then. While we'll still be her a bit longer, I've been here long enough to offer my thoughts on various aspects of our stay.

Staff, the hotel's crowning glory:
The most impressive aspect of our stay has been the staff. Every person we've come into contact with has been friendly and helpful. The front desk staff knew us by name within a few days of arrival. The housekeeping staff greets me with a smile and accommodates our needs promptly. The maintenance staff is prompt and always greet me when I pass by in the halls. The hotel has been under renovation, but the work has not been an inconvenience at all. As we are here for a couple months, we forwarded our mail. Though I told them they don't need to take any special measures in getting the mail to us, they often call me over when I'm downstairs to let me know something has arrived and call our room when we get a special package.

Eating:
While there is no stove, I have been able to cook quite a bit using the microwave and the two stove-top burners. The slightly smaller than full-size refrigerator with its own ice machine has been ideal for our needs. They provide basic dishes, flatware, and cooking pots, offering a lot of flexibility in preparing our own food.

Having discussed the usability of the kitchen, we don't cook more than a few times a week and on weekends. Homewood offers breakfast every day and dinner Monday through Thursday, with a good variety of food styles. The breakfast options vary slightly each day, and the dinner themes change nightly. A helpful monthly calendar of dinner options (including side dishes) is provided in your room.

Bonus: They have the coffee, tea, and hot cocoa out all day long and it's all pretty decent.

Business and connectivity:
The hotel is great for business travel and those, who like me, are technology-dependent. There is a business office downstairs. They offer wireless internet and you can get devices, at no cost, to hook your wired devices. They even have rooms you can book for meetings (probably at a cost). Bonus: They have a shuttle service that will take you anywhere within five miles of the hotel, no charge.

Sleeping and other room amenities:
The rooms are clean, roomy, and comfortable. I'm a spoiled tempurpedic bed-owner, but the king-size bed is quite comfortable. There are a variety of types of pillows to fit anyone's needs. There are flat-screen TVs in the main room and bedroom with a good mix of standard channels, 2 HBO channels, and hookups for our PS3 that we couldn't leave at home. The Neutrogena products in the bathroom are actually good enough to use on a regular basis.

Exercise buffs:
I work out regularly. The gym at the hotel is great for aerobic workouts. They have two elliptical machines and two treadmills, all with built-in fans. There's a shared TV to keep you distracted. There's an exercise ball, a yoga mat, and a set of hand weights. I'd love to see a weight machine, as there isn't anything for leg strength workouts, but they offer a lot for the size of the room. The pool and hot tub are outdoor, so they are closed in the off seasons.

Quite and private:
We stayed in a building that offers plenty of privacy, perfect for the long-term visitor. The building has more of an apartment feel, as you have an outdoor private entrance. We don't hear neighbors talking or televisions from other rooms. The only somewhat loud sound I ever hear is a front door closing (they slam a bit hard if you don't catch them). I rarely hear street noise from our room. I don't know if you can hear it closer to the larger road, so if you don't like noise, just ask to be away from the major street to be safe.

The prices are reasonable for lodging, even better when you factor in all the provided meals. For long-term visitors, amenities such as the on-site laundry and mini-convenience store, as well as its closeness to Woodfield Mall, grocers, Target, and many restaurants, make this location an ideal option.

All in all, our stay has been extremely enjoyable, and I would recommend the Homewood Suites to short-and long-term visitors alike.

Room Tip: As with anywhere, higher floors and rooms away from the street are slightly quieter. There are stairs to some rooms, so notify the staff of any mobility issues.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
HomewoodSuitesSocial, Social Media Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago Schaumburg, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2011

Dear Roggedance,

Thanks so much for the great review! I'm so glad to hear you are enjoying your long-term stay and appreciate you choosing to stay with us. We hope you will enjoy the rest of time at the hotel.

Reviewed October 23, 2011

We loved everything about this hotel. The rooms are fantastic, so clean and well kept. We were three people and two people slept on two double beds and the third slept on the pull-out couch. OK, the bed wasn't perfect (it slanted down on the end, so for tall people it could be a tad difficult), but we didn't mind because we were so happy there. The kitchen has everything you could possible need, and the bathrooms were really nice with granite countertops. The breakfast was our favorite part. It was included in the room rate and every morning there were belgian waffles with strawberries and whipped cream, two kinds of bagels with two kinds of cream cheese, two kinds of muffins, 3 kinds of cereal, toast,fresh fruit and fruit salad and a changing menu everyday of hot items such as omelettes, scrambled eggs, bacon, ham, sausage, pancakes etc. They also have fresh coffee and tea available all day long which is also great. They stop serving at 9:30 am during the week and they really mean that!

There was a dinner included as well Monday thru Thursday which we didn't partake in but the food also looked very good. The hotel is two minutes from Woodfield Mall which is dangerous for the wallets! They offer a shuttle service to go there which is very convenient. They have a nice fitness room as well, but I also didn't use it. They have a seasonal outdoor pool and apparently an indoor pool but I didn't see it so I don't know if it is really there. If I ever saw a good deal for this property online I would grab it because for a family, it can't be beat. Each bedroom is separated from the main room by two doors which really makes it like an apartment which I really appreciated. Also the restroom is conveniently located across from the bedroom so you don't have to wake up whomever is sleeping in the living room by turning on all the lights.

Okay, if I must say something negative here it is, the buildings are physically separated from the main lobby and dining area so one must walk outside for about 1 minute to reach it. Not so bad! The buildings and landscaping are also well taken care of. I met one of the managers and told him how much we liked his hotel, and he said "so do I, it's homey!" That is really true. Jay was also very kind to us during our stay. He was so helpful and friendly and took out my daughter's wash out of the washer and hung it up for us so we could go to the Mall! Now, that is great customer service! Our first room was right next to the door that goes out to the main building so I was concerned about the noise. For Jay it was not a problem at all to change the room and he very willingly and kindly located a new room for us, even though we had been in the room for two hours.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family

Hi babsZuerich,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience. I am very happy to hear that the staff took such good care of you and you found the amenities of the property to your liking. Hope to see you return soon! Safe travels.

Reviewed October 11, 2011

Very helpful staff. Great breakfast. Nice room...teenagers even loved it. Close to Chicago and lots of shopping in Schaumburg. Thank you! We will definitely be back.

• Stayed: October 2011
HomewoodSuitesSocial, Social Media Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago Schaumburg, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2011

Hi skipnkris,

Thanks for the great comments! We're glad to hear that you and your teenagers enjoyed the hotel. Hope to see you again if you visit in the future.

Heather

Reviewed October 3, 2011

Great location to the Woodfield area. Husband and I had a one bedroom with fireplace..like a small apartment with plenty of room. Were there to visit our adult children and attend a reunion for 3 nights. Excellent breakfast, staff, room and location. If you want some space for your stay this is the place to stay. They have started renovations and I hear this will include the rooms too but didn't see any major wear in our room at all. You may find hotel rooms that cost lest but this suites hotel gives you room to spread out.

Room Tip: The one bedroom with fireplace have very roomy layouts
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple

Dear KJW2011,

Thanks for your great comments! We appreciate the positive feedback on our hotel suites and breakfast. Glad to hear the location was convenient for your reunion. Hope to see you again soon if you return to the area. Safe travels!