My son and I wanted to take a road trip to Chicago. Being that I am a fairly cheap person, I was looking for a cheap hotel that offered a breakfast. I found the Holiday Inn Express in Schaumburg for $60.00 a night, including tax, etc. The Hotel was not easy to find. I had directions from mapquest. However, the hotel sits off of Roselle Road behind a 7 Eleven and a small shopping center. You actually have to turn onto another street as if you going to the 7Eleven and go behind it to find the place. That was frustrating, as we were tired and ready to get into our room. However, for the price, this hotel was really nice. The kind size bed was very comfortable, with 6 pillows and the pillows cases indicted if the pillow was soft or firm. The vanity, dresser, end tables and desk all had marble tops. There was a fridge and microwave. The bathroom shower wall was marble and the towels were nice quality towels. The furniture was obviously newer and up-to-date. The breakfast included eggs, bacon, bisquits with sausage gravy, cinnamon rolls (these were very good), yogurt, cereal, muffins, toast, bagels, orange or apple juice, coffee. It wasn't IHOP, but it served its purpose. All in all, I loved the place and will stay there again next month. There is a metro link that you can ride into the City from Schaumburg that only costs $7.00 to park and $2.00 to ride. Beats parking and/or driving in the city. The town is very clean with well mancured nice green lawns, obviously, this town has money. The shopping mall was very nice and we even went to the movie theater which was very large, however tickets were $10.00 a piece. We had dinner at Weber Grill and that was very good, a little pricey, but good. Our waiter was great and new the area very well.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay Smart at our award winning and newly renovated Holiday Inn Express Chicago-Schaumburg Hotel. The only Holiday Inn Express in Schaumburg, our hotel is conveniently located within miles from O Hare International Airport and Downtown Chicago. Additionally, the hotel is within miles from many local attractions and businesses such as Woodfield Mall, Motorola, Sears Holdings, Medieval Times Dinner and Tournament, Allstate Arena, Sears Center, and more! Our luxuriously decorated room features triple sheeted beds, new Simmons luxury mattresses, expanded cable television with HBO movies, as well as microwaves and refrigerators discretely stored in imported granite vanities. Relax with our Simply Smart guest bathroom amenities featuring fluffy towels, our exclusive Simply Smart Showerhead by Kohler, with its unique compensating flow regulator, which delivers strong and steady water pressure every time. Experience up to 25% more elbow room thanks to the brushed chrome curved rod with our waffle-weave fabric curtain that s always fresh, never clingy. Finally, awaken to our Holiday Inn Express Smart Start Breakfast which includes healthy items such as whole fruits, cereals yogurts, biscuits and gravy, and hot items such as pancakes,omelets, sausage and bacon. Also available to you is free 24-hour business center, 24-hour fitness center, outdoor swimming pool, & Snuggery Restaurant conveniently located next door and a 24-hour 7-Eleven convenience store with an ATM. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Chicago - Schaumburg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Chicago - Schaumburg Hotel Schaumburg
- Holiday Inn Hoffman Estates
- Holiday Inn Schaumburg
- Schaumburg Holiday Inn