“Very impressed”

Holiday Inn Express Chicago - Schaumburg
Ranked #25 of 29 Hotels in Schaumburg
Reviewed June 22, 2009

My son and I wanted to take a road trip to Chicago. Being that I am a fairly cheap person, I was looking for a cheap hotel that offered a breakfast. I found the Holiday Inn Express in Schaumburg for $60.00 a night, including tax, etc. The Hotel was not easy to find. I had directions from mapquest. However, the hotel sits off of Roselle Road behind a 7 Eleven and a small shopping center. You actually have to turn onto another street as if you going to the 7Eleven and go behind it to find the place. That was frustrating, as we were tired and ready to get into our room. However, for the price, this hotel was really nice. The kind size bed was very comfortable, with 6 pillows and the pillows cases indicted if the pillow was soft or firm. The vanity, dresser, end tables and desk all had marble tops. There was a fridge and microwave. The bathroom shower wall was marble and the towels were nice quality towels. The furniture was obviously newer and up-to-date. The breakfast included eggs, bacon, bisquits with sausage gravy, cinnamon rolls (these were very good), yogurt, cereal, muffins, toast, bagels, orange or apple juice, coffee. It wasn't IHOP, but it served its purpose. All in all, I loved the place and will stay there again next month. There is a metro link that you can ride into the City from Schaumburg that only costs $7.00 to park and $2.00 to ride. Beats parking and/or driving in the city. The town is very clean with well mancured nice green lawns, obviously, this town has money. The shopping mall was very nice and we even went to the movie theater which was very large, however tickets were $10.00 a piece. We had dinner at Weber Grill and that was very good, a little pricey, but good. Our waiter was great and new the area very well.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank gts3668

Reviewed June 21, 2009

My husband and I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Schaumburg for 3 nights in June 2009. We were in town for a wedding, and the couple had booked rooms across the street at Country Inn and Suites. We found a better rate at the Holiday Inn so we stayed there instead. We had trouble finding the hotel because it is just off of Roselle Road, not directly on it, and a larger sign would have been helpful. We called the desk and the agent directed us to the hotel. Check in was very easy...I was a little concerned when I checked my bank account (we paid with a debit card) and found that there was an extra $60 tacked on to my bill. I asked the desk agent and she said there is a $20 per day incidental charge authorized to the card, which I thought was a little much. Thankfully, the charge was promptly removed once we checked out. We got up to our room and were concerned because we were right next to the elevator; however, we never heard any noises from other guests waiting for it. The king bed had six comfy pillows and the bedding was soft and cozy. The room was huge! There was easily room for a pull-out sofa in there. We slept like rocks every night we were there. My husband went out to see the outdoor pool one day and found it padlocked shut. It wasn't a big deal because he was just browsing the grounds and did not want to swim, but he still found it odd. The complimentary hot breakfast was okay...the milk and yogurt weren't very cold but they still tasted okay. There were also omelets that were a bit brown on the edges but otherwise were decent. The bacon was very flimsy, like it hadn't been fully cooked. It still tasted okay. I was surprised to find that they did not serve scrambled eggs like I have had at other Holiday Inn Expresses...just the omelets. One complaint I have is that I asked a housekeeper for more towels and she told me no. The only other complaint is that the window coverings were lacking...there were no blackout drapes, only sheers and "accent" drapes that did not pull shut. We had a bright light right outside our window and it would not have been good except that my brilliant husband took the throw off the bed and hung it up in front of the window to block out the light. Overall, a great experience and I would definitely return if I am in the area again.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank gretel2381
Reviewed June 18, 2009

I can't speak to the quality of the actual hotel, (because we couldn't 'get' to the hotel) but can say their staff, including manager, in addition to Expedia website lied about a shuttle between hotel and O'hare airport. They said they had a shuttle between hotel and O'Hare. When called for pick up, was told there is NO shuttle. We would not have booked reservation with Expedia if we knew there was no shuttle. Manager, Jacob told me over the phone that he would reverse the charges if Expedia called him directly. Then he told Expedia that he would not reverse the charges, even though we never stayed there. We were lied to by both this hotel staff and manager, as well as Expedia and will never do business with either entity again.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 18, 2009

I stayed in this hotel just as they were finishing up their rennovations. It was a very nice hotel. The room was nice and clean, they staff was very kind and always smiling and the breakfast was great.
I thoroughly enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed June 17, 2009

I was grieving for the loss of my husband. Decided to go to Schaumburg for a while and stayed in Holiday Inn. Staff were really hospitable and I am so pleased with your service guys. You made my trip to Schaumburg really memorable.

Mahal ko kayo!!!

Lakambini from Cebu, Philippines

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed June 17, 2009

I had a lovely stay here and I would recommend it to anyone. The hotel was clean and nice. The stafe was so friendly and welcoming. If i come back to the area, I will definitely be staying there again.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 16, 2009

Stayed here when we were visiting family in the area. Very pleased with the hotel. Nicely updated rooms with extensive use of granite, and nice public areas. Didnt eat the breakfast, but it looked like there was a nice selection, and it was complimentary. We booked this hotel a discount website for $41 so it was an excellent value. Nothing to complain about, would deffinetly stay here again!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family