Holiday Inn Express Chicago - Schaumburg
$79
$67
Hilton Garden Inn Schaumburg(Schaumburg)(Great Value!)
$128
$120
$107
Doubletree.com
Quality Inn(Schaumburg)(Great Value!)
$107
Days Inn & Suites Schaumburg(Schaumburg)(Great Value!)
$51
$88
Country Inn
$89
$126
  • Pool
$161
  • Pool
All reviewscinnamon rollsfront deskyogurtbiscuits and gravyfridge and microwaveking roomcomfy bedcomfortable stayconvenient locationthe breakfast areafree breakfastbusiness staystayed one nighthappy hourchicago areawe've stayedwoodfield mall
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 18, 2014

When we walked in the room it smelled so bad, couldn't figure out what it was, my husband can't hardly smell and he smelled it so you know the maids had to have know it stunk.. it was the microwave like someone really burned something peculiar in it, can't describe the smell, almost smelled like urine. Yuk. Rooms are super small and the air in our room was on a peak type of thing that just the fan ran but the air was shut down after 10:00. The pool shuts down at 9, which is fine but as a guest you can't sit around the pool area after that and when I asked about being able to sit in the area the man behind the desk was rude about it.
They could solve that problem by putting a cover over the pool so we could have still relaxed in the area instead of the cramped room. The housekeepers in the morning rap on the doors all the way down the hall with their keys to check the rooms and it's really loud and annoying. Snuggery next door had warm tap beers as their special but did have cold cans and good apps. Not sure if I would stay again.

Room Tip: don't stay up too high the elevator is old and takes forever.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
stephen778, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chicago - Schaumburg, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2014

Thank you for staying with us Sorry for the burned popcorn smell
Yes we do shut the outdoor pool at 9pm with the cold weather in Chicago at night
will put a chill in the air, Sorry about your trip to the snuggery they do not belong to the hotel but normally they have the coldest beer in town next time Please tell the waiter staff I'm sure they will bring you another
hope to see you again
general manager

Reviewed July 13, 2014

I was recently on vacation in Chicago area and stayed 5 days at this hotel. It was very nice, very clean, has a pool and management very kind. They even provide free beers, glass of wine or waters between 5p and 6p during the week. This hotel is quiet and rooms have fridges and microwaves in them. The hotel is also right next to a Snuggery's bar and grill which has good and affordable food. There is also a 7Eleven right in this complex, very convenient. I recommend this hotel for anyone that would enjoy these amenities. Oh there is also free continental breakfast here daily-good deal. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
stephen778, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chicago - Schaumburg, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2014

Wow, Thank you for the great review We are so glad you stayed with us and we knocked it out the ball park Please come back and see us again Please stop by the managers reception we would like to shake your hand and say thank you

General Manger

Reviewed July 13, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for four nights. The younger gentlemen who checked me in was incredibly friendly, probably the friendliest hotel staff I've ever dealt with. He told me everything I needed to know. The lobby of this hotel is very beautiful and had probably been updated at some point. The hallways looked a little old and worn with ugly brown doors and door handles that you pulled up instead of down (nearby housekeeping helped me with this because I thought my key wasn't working). The inside of my room was spotless and smelled great. Everything had been updated and I loved the USB power plug near the bed. The sheets and the bed were incredibly comfy. My in-room air conditioner was a bit dated and didn't work all that well, but it kept me comfortable as I am cold natured. Someone who is hot natured may not like it. Breakfast was pretty good, standard hotel stuff but lots of choices and the area was clean with a TV for morning news. Check out was easy as an invoice was slipped under my door very early in the morning. The most important thing for me: The hotel was completely quiet. Nothing ever woke me up and I am a light sleeper.

Long story short, I really enjoyed my stay. I felt safe and at home and I never had any parking issues. I will stay here again next time I am in the area.

Room Tip: Sixth floor was very quiet.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business

Welcome home That's the way we treat every one It's Southern hospitality
We Cant wait to have you come back and see us. Please stop by the managers reception or stop by the desk we would like to say thank you

General manager

Reviewed July 10, 2014

Thanks for the wonderful stay! The staffs are professional, courteous, & warming(especially Rex). My kids enjoyed talking with him & I can see that he enjoyed having their company too. Rex gave this hotel a warm touch that you can't find anywhere in the city. The hotel is very clean & updated so is our room. Love the free breakfast. Lots of choices from sausage, biscuits, pancake, egg, yougurt, & fruits. Will definitely stay here again.

Vivian, Ethan, & Debbie

• Stayed: July 2014
stephen778, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chicago - Schaumburg, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2014

Wow thank you for the great response Rex sends his thank you Its The great service that you
know were to come back home to see us again
hospitality you can count on
General manager

Reviewed July 9, 2014

I was extremely disappointed with my stay at the Holiday Inn Express Chicago – Schaumburg. I booked a weekend here for my boyfriend’s birthday. The main reason I chose this particular hotel was because of their outdoor pool. My boyfriend and I wanted to be able to relax outside and enjoy an outdoor pool and some sun. I arrived in the early evening on Friday, June 20, 2014. Upon checking in and getting settled into the room, I eagerly went downstairs to check out the pool. I was appalled at the condition of the pool and the pool area. The pool itself was filthy. There were leaves, bugs, debris, etc floating in the water. The floor of the pool also needed to be vacuumed (floor of the pool was covered in dirt). The pool area was disappointing as well. All of the patio furniture was missing the cushions (the chairs and the chaise lounges). Who is going to lay on a sun bed without a cushion? The rack for pool towels was empty, and used pool towels were laying on the ground and on top of patio furniture (the used towels looked crusted to the surfaces as if it hadn’t been moved in days). This looked like a pool at a junky motel, NOTHING like the beautiful pictures on the Holiday Inn Express website. Additionally, the pool is situated DIRECTLY next to the outdoor patio for the Snuggery. There is zero privacy, and you are bombarded with loud music, multiple conversations, smokers, and then intoxicated individuals later in the evening. This should be clearly indicated in the description on the hotel’s website. There is nothing peaceful or enjoyable about the pool at this hotel.

Since it was late on Friday, I decided to give the outdoor pool the benefit of the doubt. I was hoping that the pool itself and the pool area would be clean come Saturday. Nope. Went down twice on Saturday to the same filth and then on Sunday to see the exact same thing (the old crusty towels STILL had not been picked up). The pool clearly had not been skimmed, vacuumed, or cleaned for days. On top of all of that, the water was ice cold. This deserted pool did not have one patron there any of the times I went down to check on the condition (except one mother and child that I saw exiting the pool area. She said her 6-year-old son refused to go in the water because of how dirty it was). All of this speaks volumes of what other customers thought as well.

My other serious qualm with this hotel is the absolute horrible customer service I received from the front desk. My boyfriend and I slept in late on Saturday, so we missed housekeeping when they came through early in the morning. I called the front desk around 4:30 PM to see if we could have our room turned down (we were heading out to dinner). The rude gentleman by the name of Tom coldly responded “We don’t do that here.” There were plenty other ways this gentleman could have politely told me that the Holiday Inn Express chain does not offer turn down services. What this gentleman should have done was apologize and politely explain that their hotel doesn’t offer that particular service. He should have then asked what I needed or what he could do for me. That is how that situation should have been handled. I was appalled at how he answered the phone at the front desk and how he spoke to me. I was so confused and asked if we could just have someone come to replace the towels and bring new ones. He again rudely responded with “Housekeeping has left for the day.” I was shocked at these responses, as his job is to ensure customer satisfaction. He did nothing to resolve my issue and very clearly did not care that I had an issue that needed attention.

This hotel offers a breakfast buffet which we missed in the morning because we were never informed or given times to come down. This is something that should have been explained to me at check-in.

The only positive review I can give this hotel is the room itself. The A/C worked well and the bed was incredibly comfortable. Besides that, everything else here was a true disappointment. I booked this hotel to enjoy the outdoor pool with my boyfriend and we sadly were never able to do that because of the neglect of the hotel staff. What a waste of money. I would never stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple

Sorry to hear we could not deliver great service on this stay
The out door pool and the cold Chicago weather(in the summer well June use to be summer) combined with the rain and trees blowing everything to your pool some times is not your friend
but its not always like that here . The pool is located outside next door is a restaurant
Please come back and see us again Try the great breakfast served every from 6-9.30 till 10 on the weekend this is posted next to the food area and coffee station Sorry you missed it We hope you will give us another try please ask for me if I can help with your stay