“Fantastic Experience” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #23 of 29 Hotels in Schaumburg
Wausau, Wisconsin
“Fantastic Experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2014

The room was very nice and modern. The only complaint I would have is that the beds were very very firm and were somewhat difficult to sleep on. The breakfast was the best continental breakfast we've ever had at a hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
stephen778, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chicago - Schaumburg, responded to this review, June 6, 2014
Thank you for staying with us Thank you for passing the word of our great service
I will pass it along to the staff. We say thank you and please come back and see us Stop by the desk and see us I would like to shake you hand and say thank you
General manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Korean first
Montrose, Colorado, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2014

I spoke to Andy at the registration desk on 4 separate occasions in getting the rooms booked, and making changes. He was most courteous and helpful each time I spoke with him. The general manager ( His name escapes me at this time, I believe it was Stephan) of the hotel was also full of information that was extremely helpful to us. The customer service we experienced at this Holiday Inn Express was amazing. We would stay at this hotel again if in the area. Very clean and comfortable!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Wow I thank you for the great Response Please stop by the Manager reception from 5pm to 6 next time you are staying with us I would like to shake your hand and say thank you
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2014

This was my first stay at this hotel and it will be my last!! I checked in at 7pm went up to my room and noticed there was no fridge, no tv remote and ac not working I went to the front desk to ask to be switched to a different room the guy at the front desk said I can only issue a room change if there's a major issue I guess my issues weren't a big deal I said ok can you get someone from maintenance he said no they went home I went to my room packed my things and left.

• Stayed May 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Shawn233
stephen778, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chicago - Schaumburg, responded to this review, May 25, 2014
Please accept my apologies We should always take care of the guest Sorry we did not give you great service I have spoke to the staff to make sure that we are always serving our guest
We hope you will give us another chance to prove we have great service
Stephen
General manager
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2014 via mobile

We checked in may 13 and have had the best service the entire time, the hotel staff are better than exceptional, the housekeeping crew extra friendly, the workout room equipped with great equipment for a great workout, the breakfast is delicious and free food mon-thurs at 5pm in the lobby!! You can't get any better! I would recommend this place to all friends and family!! Clean rooms, great service, and made us feel at home!! Thank you!

• Stayed May 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
WOW Thank you for one of the best reviews we have ever had thank you so much please come back and see us again
Stephen
Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2014

Needing to a quiet place to focus on work I stopped off at this hotel one frazzled morning. I hoped to a cup of coffee in exchange for the hotel's lobby wifi. However, there was no coffee for purchase, only the breakfast and coffee items available to hotel guests. I asked the front desk if I could possibly just use their wifi in the lobby for a little while. Steve, the manager at the front desk, said "of course" without any hesitation and even invited me to help myself to coffee and breakfast items. I may not have been a guest or stayed at this hotel, but potential guests should know this property is truly focused on hospitality and making their customers happy. I want to thank the hotel for helping me find peace in what was previously a tumultuous morning.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
stephen778, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chicago - Schaumburg, responded to this review, April 25, 2014
WOW Thank you for the great Review We give it our best every day because the traveler means so much every day to US. Cant wait to have you come back and see us again
please stop by the desk I would like to shake your hand and say thank you and yes a hot cup of coffee will be ready for you thank you again

Springfield, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2014

We stayed here due it being close to the Schaumburg Convention Center. It's 5 mins away from the Convention and close to shopping and dining in area. Good value considering location. Breakfast was hot, good quality and great selection. Rooms are in great shape.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
stephen778, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chicago - Schaumburg, responded to this review, April 16, 2014
Thank you for the great review and staying with us
Please stop by the desk or at the managers reception next time your are here
we would like to say thank you

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2014

So my friend had her son's birthday party here and everyone had so much fun! It was everyone's first time there and there was so much for the kids to do. The parents had a chance to relax while still being able to keep the children in eye-sight. I'm now planning my children's birthday party here.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
stephen778, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chicago - Schaumburg, responded to this review, March 28, 2014
Thank you for the great response it was great to have your family here with us Please come back and thank you for telling your friends on your next stay stop by and see us we would like to say thank you