“Best Ever” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #23 of 30 Hotels in Schaumburg
White Bear Lake, Minnesota, United States
“Best Ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

I can't say enough good things about this hotel. The staff was great, smiling, friendly. I am a Priority Member and they go above and beyond to make you feel like you are at home. Walked into my room, and there was a nice spread of food, drinks and wine. To bad I don't like wine and have to watch my carbs. There also was a nice letter thanking me for choosing the hotel. I travel 5 days a week and stay at many hotels. I have stayed at Hilton's, Westin's and others and have never ever been treated like they treat you hear. The next time I stayed I just walked in and didn't have a reservation, I got a room and I had to go out for dinner. When I got back my room again was setup like it was the first time I stayed.

Great Hotel, would recommend this to anyone and I will always stay here when I am in town!!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Stephen L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chicago - Schaumburg, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
Thank you for the great review Please stop by the desk and see us next time so we can thank you in person Thank you
general manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
  • Korean first
Warsaw, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2013

Stayed here for a nice weekend trip to Chicago, location is convenient, although near the airport, but it is surprisingly quite, room is clean and fresh, staff is warm and welcome, with free breakfast and free wifi, it is a pleasant and breeze experience.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
EMS1377, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chicago - Schaumburg, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. Our location is great due to having easy access to major highways allowing guest to travel to and from the airport with ease. We really look forward to see you again with us soon.
Oregon, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013

Recently stayed at this Holiday Inn Express- came to town to attend a concert downtown. Very pleasant staff/ clean room/comfy bed. Breakfast was good. Fore sure stay here again. Very close to the Mall and all the eating places you could name

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
emstein2, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chicago - Schaumburg, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to post your positive comments on our hotel. We are happy to hear you had a great visit with us and truly look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Baden-Baden, Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

Located close to Schaumburg and Woodfield Mall, but a 60USD taxi ride from the airport (no shuttle).

Rooms are odd, a little tired and unusual layout and fittings. Stay was OK, and staff were friendly and helpful. Breakfast was cheap and processed, but free and plentiful!

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank Ujamaflip
thank you for the great response Please stop by and see the new changes we are making to better serve you hope to see you again

General manager
Newport, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2013

The two best things about this hotel are the staff and the quiet location. The staff here are all top notch. I interacted with several members of them and they were all great. My hat is off to Danni (sp?) who was the only person at the front desk when I arrived and yet she handled phones, check in, questions and special requests with ease and a great attitude. The hotel is located in a very busy area in Schaumburg but it is tucked away just enough to make it very quiet for a good nights sleep. Rooms are on the small side, but I was only there for a night, so it was more than adequate for my use. Nice surprise was the fridge and microwave and that they were tucked away in a cabinet that kept the noise from the fridge compressor to almost non-existent. Wish more room with fridges would do this. The room and the entire hotel were very clean and well kept. Great place to spend a night or two and the price could not be beat. I booked directly with the hotel and got a very low rate. I won't hesitate to stay again when I am in the area.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank M L
EMS1377, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chicago - Schaumburg, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Thank you so much for your great review. I will be sure to pass our positive comments about Dani on to her. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and we truly look forward to seeing you again in the future. Please always feel free to share feedback with us about your stay we love knowing what we can do to improve our hotel and staff. Thank you.
New York City, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

I travel constantly but never again will I stay in this hotel/ motel. I will complain to my peers and company intranet to have them removed this place as a preferred hotel/ motel. The night I checked in, I showered, then laid down in bed and felt uncomfortable, the sheets on the bed were kinda sticky. I had the feeling that someone else was in the bed a couple hours or minutes before I got there...The next morning, I had a few bugs bites on my legs but think of anything and left for the office. When I came back from the office, I showered and went to bed, within minutes my legs were itching just like I had an allergy reaction. I called the front desk and ask if customers had reported a bed bug issue and of course, they replied "NO". Then explained that housekeeping was not available at this time but if I wanted he could bring some fresh sheets for me but I would need to change them myself. In first place, I told him okay but after second thought, I told him I wanted to be moved to another room. Packed my stuff and went downstairs to see him. The next room he sent me had someone already in it...Went downstairs again, then he put me on a different floor, with very old, ripped but clean sheets...Beyond ridiculous..They need to close for business until they renovated and clean this place up.

Room Tip: Hot alert, Bed bugs environment.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank gpierre2
Erin S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chicago - Schaumburg, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
We would like to thank you for your honest feedback. We take these things very seriously and had promptly inspected the room in question both by our staff who is trained to identify these issues and by our contracted pest control specialist. After doing these checks it was determined that the hotel is pest free.

We sincerely apologize that you had such a negative reaction to our sheets and the inconvenience you had when it was determined you needed to move to another room. All departments involved with this issue have been briefed and coached in how to handle these procedures better in the future.

We appreciate any and all feedback offered to our hotel so please feel free to contact me at any time.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

I stayed one night for business and I loved it. I loved the shower and the water pressure. Much better than some of the hotels that's 3 times the price. The bed was comfortable and it conveniently has a microwave and big fridge. Somehow I couldn't find any power outlets near the bed as I like the to charge my phone near me and needed it as an alarm. The sink is outside of the bathroom, which was odd but didn't bother me too much. I also took advantage of the hotel shuttle services several times. It's efficient, but the driver is quirky. Nice but quirky. He attempted being a tour guide telling me about different areas around Schaumburg and then told me about his imprisoned friend. It was a bit awkward, but I guess he was just trying to make conversation. Seems like a genuinely nice guy though.

Overall, good service, nice clean hotel, and great breakfast.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for the great response Please come back and see us again

general manger