“Not Bad, Not Great”

Ranked #23 of 29 Hotels in Schaumburg
Toronto
“Not Bad, Not Great”
Reviewed February 22, 2012

This property isn't bad, but with so many hotels in the area to choose from, I will probably choose another next time I am in the area.

The positives are spacious rooms (at least mine was), decent bed, nice common areas, ample parking, and for what appears to be an older property, it is relatively up to date.

There is also a decent sports bar style restauarant attached, and the location is quite central.

The negatives were (at least when I stayed) was a useless wifi connection. They seem to have two connections; one showed a strong signal, but after connecting displayed "limited or no connectivity". The second had a poor signal, which I was able to connect to, but I kept loosing connectivity until I finally gave it. I know it wasn't my computor as I am doing this review the night after at another hotel.

Also, and a small pet peeve, I can't stand it when the television channel listings don't match the actual channels; print some listing channel listing cards please!!

All in all, nothing really bad here, but I will be inclined to try someplace else when back in the area.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
12 Thank ToSquareBob1
jfiorito77, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chicago - Schaumburg, responded to this review, February 23, 2012
Dear ToSquareBob1,

Thank you for taking time to share with us your most recent experience at the Holiday Inn Schaumburg. I know how important Wi-Fi connection is to our business traveler and can fully understand your frustration. We did have a Wi-Fi issue and it was due to some faulty equipment. The good news is those pieces have been replaced and our Wi-Fi is working perfectly. We will of course also rectify the discrepancy of our channel listings.

I hope this incident will not prevent you from choosing our property during your future stays in the Schaumburg area. If I can be of any assistance to you, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at the hotel.

Have a great day.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Korean first
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed January 28, 2012

quality of this hotel is at is name and more the personel of the hotel is very professional i recomended this hotel

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed December 16, 2011

Very Clean, everyone was helpful with directions, recommendations, rides, anything I needed. The shuttle drivers were great, thanks Bernard, Jose, front desk attendees were wonderful Matthew, Elizabeth, Edna, you made my stay so easy and comfortable. Breakfast the hot cinammon rolls were great.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Miramar, Florida
Reviewed October 11, 2011

Nice rooms and a quiet sector!! Easy parking. Small but Renovated lobby a plus.

• Stayed October 2011
Westampton, New Jersey
Reviewed August 16, 2011

I cannot thank John Bizzak, Tom and the whole staff at the HIE at Schaumburg Chicago enough for making me feel like I was at home. For me, they have become more than friends, they have become family because that is way I was treated. All my best to John and the crew and I will be seeing you again in September.

All My Best and Thank You,
John Rufe

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed July 28, 2011

This hotel is a mixed bag. We were welcomed very nicely at first, but our family's two rooms were on different floors. One room had damp carpet from the second bed to the window. There was a large crack in that corner of the room and in the ceiling. It had obviously been caulked in the past, but it was still gaping open. My daughter was concerned about black mold. We called the front desk. The hotel was supposedly sold out so they could not move us, even though everyone hadn't checked in for the night. No one came to look at the room. No apology. I asked to be put on record that I was not happy with the damp room. On my bill the next morning they had deducted $10.00 for the "dampness and mildew smell." On the plus side--comfy beds, decent breakfast, free wi-fi, good location, and value-priced. I would advise that if you stay here, immediately check your room, and walk straight down to the desk if it is not acceptable.

Room Tip: Don't be on the top floor.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank kimbasue
Federal Way, Washington
Reviewed July 26, 2011

I have stayed at this Holiday Inn Express for both business and to visit friends as well. May I say that this particular property is worth every penny of what I paid. The room is spotless and I love the curved shower rod and the bed is spectacular ( slept like a baby! ) The full breakfast buffet got most of what you need to get you started, and their pancakes were awesome! The location is also a plus, as it is near just about anywhere: Mall and restaurants; Loved the automatic doors as well. I will definitely keep this Hotel in mind the next time I visit, hopefully for pure leisure. Great stay!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business