“Very comfortable and clean.”

AmericInn Hotel & Suites Schaumburg
Ranked #23 of 29 Hotels in Schaumburg
Reviewed February 13, 2010

This hotel is great for brief stays. I've stayed here several times. It is always super clean and comfortable, even though it's kind of basic. The free breakfast is simple but nice, and if you don't have time to eat, you can grab a complimentary breakfast brown bag as you walk out: it's got a fruit, muffin, breakfast bar and mints. There is always coffee and tea in the reception area. They also have a van if you need a ride somewhere close.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for AmericInn Hotel & Suites Schaumburg

Reviewed February 11, 2010

I found it to be exceptional clean, friendly, helpful and the Complementry breakfast exceptional.

Stayed: July 2007, traveled on business
Reviewed July 14, 2009

Overall a consistent Hampton Inn. Only stayed one day in Chicago. It is very close to lots of restaurants and a large shopping mall (Woodfield) so there is lots to do. Workout room was average, small, but had OK equipment. My only complaint was the extremely powerful cleaner they used. It smelled like someone spilled a bottle of perfume in my room. Had to run the fan and leave the door open to try to get rid of the smell, it was way too strong. Same consistent Hampton Inn value with comfortable beds.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed July 10, 2009

There is a hotel closer to my work location. However I choose to stay here because of the extra friendly service and very clean rooms. I have been coming to this hotel on and off for 2 years and the rooms have always been clean. This hotel may not be brand new as some of the other hotels but because of the friendly helpful staff, clean comfortable rooms and location I wouldn't stay anywhere else! I happily drive the extra 20 minutes to get to my office.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed May 3, 2009

This is a limited service hotel and probably good for a short stay or a night-over while passing through SCH.

The staff was very helpful with freebies like bottled water, coffee and shaving kit as and when I requested for them. I found this to be sweet.

The location of the property was convenient for us as I was conducting my business around North Martingale area.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed April 3, 2009

I have stayed at this hotel and every stay has been a great one. It is like going to stay with family. The staff is always warm and inviting. I have always been welcomed with a smile and a heartfelt hello. I have suggested this location to several friends and family for trips to Chicago. Close to shopping and only a short train ride to downtown Chicago. for all that, you can not beat the price.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 15, 2009

Let's get to the list of positives first.

You could do worse. The La Quinta up the street, for instance. The Red Roof Inn around the corner. So location is a plus. There's a nice guy driving the airport shuttle, that's #2.

You can walk to the Wildfire Grill, which has Fat Tire on tap.

But even in Schaumburg, this Hampton Inn looks and feels overpriced and dated. Because it is overpriced and dated. The bathrooms are small and the shower head is below average. The bed is of adequate quality. I had a better television in my college dorm room.

Yes, the lobby is beautiful but claustrophobic. And because it's small, a full house makes for a crowded breakfast area in the morning.

The bed, which matters most I suppose, is comfortable. The room air conditioner actually works and works pretty well.

As a special bonus, on a prior stay, they had a series of rooms at the street side of the first floor that were roughly the size of a jail cell and reeked of cigarette smoke. I don't know if they still offer these rooms, but I'd avoid them. They are substandard Hampton Inn rooms and I'm surprised they're allowed to offer them.

And unless you have a desire to walk from the Wildfire back to a hotel room after a long night at a wonderful bar, this hotel is best avoided. It is my last choice in Schaumburg.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)