AmericInn Hotel & Suites Schaumburg
$109
SpringHill Suites
$128
Holiday Inn Express Chicago - Schaumburg(Schaumburg)(Great Value!)
$89
$84
$101
$98
Country Inn
$119
Days Inn & Suites Schaumburg(Schaumburg)(Great Value!)
$76
Hyatt.com
$139
Hyatt.com
  • Pool
All reviewswoodfield mallwafflesnice clean hotelpace busbed was comfortabledecent breakfastfree wifia great staysafe areamovie theaterdowntown chicagobooked this hotelpool and hot tubchecking outstaff was friendlywould stay here againthe breakfast area
Reviewed July 10, 2009

There is a hotel closer to my work location. However I choose to stay here because of the extra friendly service and very clean rooms. I have been coming to this hotel on and off for 2 years and the rooms have always been clean. This hotel may not be brand new as some of the other hotels but because of the friendly helpful staff, clean comfortable rooms and location I wouldn't stay anywhere else! I happily drive the extra 20 minutes to get to my office.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed May 3, 2009

This is a limited service hotel and probably good for a short stay or a night-over while passing through SCH.

The staff was very helpful with freebies like bottled water, coffee and shaving kit as and when I requested for them. I found this to be sweet.

The location of the property was convenient for us as I was conducting my business around North Martingale area.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed April 3, 2009

I have stayed at this hotel and every stay has been a great one. It is like going to stay with family. The staff is always warm and inviting. I have always been welcomed with a smile and a heartfelt hello. I have suggested this location to several friends and family for trips to Chicago. Close to shopping and only a short train ride to downtown Chicago. for all that, you can not beat the price.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 15, 2009

Let's get to the list of positives first.

You could do worse. The La Quinta up the street, for instance. The Red Roof Inn around the corner. So location is a plus. There's a nice guy driving the airport shuttle, that's #2.

You can walk to the Wildfire Grill, which has Fat Tire on tap.

But even in Schaumburg, this Hampton Inn looks and feels overpriced and dated. Because it is overpriced and dated. The bathrooms are small and the shower head is below average. The bed is of adequate quality. I had a better television in my college dorm room.

Yes, the lobby is beautiful but claustrophobic. And because it's small, a full house makes for a crowded breakfast area in the morning.

The bed, which matters most I suppose, is comfortable. The room air conditioner actually works and works pretty well.

As a special bonus, on a prior stay, they had a series of rooms at the street side of the first floor that were roughly the size of a jail cell and reeked of cigarette smoke. I don't know if they still offer these rooms, but I'd avoid them. They are substandard Hampton Inn rooms and I'm surprised they're allowed to offer them.

And unless you have a desire to walk from the Wildfire back to a hotel room after a long night at a wonderful bar, this hotel is best avoided. It is my last choice in Schaumburg.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed August 8, 2008

Stayed at this site for a weekend getaway to visit Six Flags (about 40 minutes from hotel) and shop in Schaumburg. I've stayed at a number of Hampton sites and this is pretty average and run of the mill. The only negative I would comment on is the size of the rooms if you have 2 beds (2 doubles). There were 4 adults in our group and it definitely felt cramped and closed in. Luckily, we weren't in the room except to sleep and shower so it didn't cause much harm.

Breakfast was alright - definitely nothing special. The fruit had an odd taste and the eggs were a bit grainy. I've definitely had fresher options at other HI's but it definitely would not deter me from staying again.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with friends