“Good rooms”

Ranked #20 of 29 Hotels in Schaumburg
Findlay, Ohio
“Good rooms”
Reviewed May 29, 2012

Got this hotel on hotwire as a 2.5 star property. The rooms are basic but clean and comfortable. Breakfast had good selection of hot and cold foods. Desk people were helpful and courteous when we came back for a lost item.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank natrat

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Reviewed May 18, 2012 via mobile

Great service and very friendly staff. They even made cookies for us!

• Stayed May 2012
Reviewed May 18, 2012 via mobile

Its an awesome place to stay with walkable restraunts and the lobby always has coffee and cookies! Great value!

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank Micks1
Heather W, General Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Schaumburg, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to fill out the survey and I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay!
We hope to see you again soon.
Staten Island, New York
Reviewed May 13, 2012

Traveling with a group to Chicago, we stayed at the Stay Inn, Schaumburg for four nights. The hotel is conveniently located by the Woodfield Mall and various other stores and restaurants. Plently of parking available. The rooms were a good size, and everything in the room was in excellent condition. The beds were wonderful, very comfortable with a lightweight cover and numerous pillows. The rugs were spotless and well kept. Bathrooms were very clean (no sign of that ugly mildew anywhere) and plenty of hot water. Continental breakfast was nicer than most, with a very adequate dining area, which offered a different hot item everyday in addition to the usual bread, bagels, make your own hot waffles, yogurt, cold cereal, juice and coffee and there was always plenty available. Coffee, Tea, and Ice water available 24 hrs. The General Manager was very knowledgeable, friendly and outgoing which was reflected in her staff. Every staff member we encountered was friendly and extremely helpful, any requests were promptly handled. It was apparent that they all worked well together making our stay a pleasant one. I personally travel quite a bit, and found that this hotel is a step above most. It offers a clean safe place to stay with a pleasant atmosphere and great service. I highly recommend the Stay Inn and would definitely stay here again while in Chicago.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Linda C
Heather W, General Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Schaumburg, responded to this review, May 17, 2012
Linda,
Thank you for taking the time to report on your stay at our property. I am glad to hear you had an enjoyable stay and we hope to see you again soon!
Lebanon, Tennessee
Reviewed May 11, 2012

My daughter and I recently spent two nights at the Schaumburg Stay Inn. It was much better than I expected. I am a fairly regular traveler, with high expectations. I don't have to have fancy, but I do expect clean and safe...Our room was immaculate, the desk staff was very helpful and friendly, and the area was clean and safe. I would highly recommend this hotel. It was convenient to Woodfield Mall, which was our only reason for being in Schaumburg, as well as several restuarants.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Tara C
Tara,
Thank you for filling out a review of the hotel. I'm glad we exceeded your expectations and hope you and your daughter had a successful shopping weekend.
When in the Schaumburg area we hope to see you again!
Upland, Indiana
Reviewed April 29, 2012

My wife and I had some errands to run in the area and had an appointment in downtown Chicago the next day, and just needed a decent, affordable place to stay for the night. We booked this hotel based on the price and good reviews from other websites, and were not disappointed. I was pleasantly surprised by the nice lobby/seating area and complimentary breakfast the next morning (biscuits and gravy, bagels, orange juice). The service was also good, and rooms were clean and comfortable. They even let me print something for free at the computer in the lobby which I appreciated. The hotel is also convenient for shopping and eating, such as IKEA, Costco, Woodfield mall, etc---I would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Heather W, General Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Schaumburg, responded to this review, April 30, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to complete the survey and I am glad that you enjoy your stay. I hope that the next time you are in the Schaumburg area you will choose us.
Reviewed April 29, 2012

You get what you pay for so I don't have many complaints. This was formerly a Hampton Inn so it has all those features and amenities you would expect...the only issue we had was with housekeeping skipping our room a time or two and being able to get some towels; other than that all was good. Room was clean, etc...the value is in the price, in an are where hotel rooms are ridiculously expensive, this one is reasonable.

• Stayed April 2012
Thank you for taking the time to let me know about your recent stay. I apologize for the housekeeping error and I am looking into this so that it does not occur for future guests. I hope that you will consider using this hotel the next time you are in the area.