I will start out to say that I would stay at an Embassy Suites again only for the the reason the rooms are large and a breakfast and manager's reception are included. Other than that, this particular hotel made a very poor impression on me.
My "poor" rating of this hotel is based solely on the management's behavior and treatment of us following not only a major inconvenience, but a potential health hazard to their guests on the night we stayed at their hotel.
The employees and support staff were very friendly and accomadating. No complaints there. The hotel was clean. An absolutely beautiful 7 story atrium with a gorgeous multi-tiered fountain was the centerpiece of this hotel and made for a very nice setting. The breakfast was delicious the next morning. Our room was spacious with a private bedroom. I agree with the other review stating an update is needed. Overall, our stay was nice and if traveling with our children, we would definitely consider ES again.
However, not having water for half of your stay is not exactly what one would expect to have happen when staying at a hotel. And the fact that managment knew this when accepting our reservation made both my husband and me very unhappy.
My husband and I were on a romantic getaway for a few days and chose this hotel near the Woodfield Mall area. It is one of many hotels in the near vicinity. The prices and ratings were all comparitive so we chose ES for the amemities: fitness center, pool, manager's reception and breakfast included. We made our reservation for a Tuesday night by calling the hotel directly that morning. Because we were on a romantic getaway, we wanted to make sure we had a nice room and didn't want to take a chance by booking online.
We arrived after a 4+hour drive and the hotel desk attendant got us all checked in and reviewed the amenities with us. She explained the manager's reception would be starting soon and reviewed the breakfast hours the next morning. We signed the check-in paperwork and then were met with one extra piece of information: there would be no hot water starting at 8pm that night! My husband and I could not believe our ears. She explained the boiler was being replaced and that we would indeed have water, just not hot water. Then the hot water would be back on at 5am and back off at 9am. I was pretty disappointed since we were on a leisure trip and wanted to sleep in, use the fitness center and pool the next morning and take our time getting ready. Check-out wasn't until noon. Since we were tired after a long drive we decided to just stick it out. It was just hot water, right?
Wrong. 8pm rolled around, we headed back up to our room after the manager's reception to find not only was there no hot water . . . there was NO water. I immediately called down to the front desk to see if this was temporary only to receive an answer that it looked like we would be out of water the whole night. The person who took my call was apologetic and told us he was instructed to offer us bottled water if we would like. (Not to be graphic, but without water, hotel guests can not even flush their toilets. That is what I mean by a health hazard!)
My husband dealt with the front desk the next morning. They did reduce our bill a slight amount - but only after he had to argue with the manager. I felt that given the circumstances, the hotel should have discounted our stay by a significant amount and without us having to ask them.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our impressive all-suite hotel in Schaumburg offers value added amenities that will save you big; welcome to the Embassy Suites Chicago - Schaumburg/Woodfield. We're located just 9 miles from the Chicago O'Hare (ORD) airport, and just minutes from the infamous Woodfield Mall. We offer complimentary local area transportation to nearby business and attractions, within a 4 mile radius. Hotel guests can enjoy our complimentary cooked-to-order breakfast daily, and our complimentary evening reception. All of our 2-room suites come equipped with a refrigerator, microwave, coffeemaker, and WiFi. Groups and meetings can take advantage of our 8,000 sq/ft of flexible event space, perfect for weddings and business meetings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hilton Hotels Direct, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Embassy Suites by Hilton Chicago - Schaumburg/Woodfield reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites Hotel Chicago
- Schaumburg Embassy Suites