“Not thrilled from the moment I arrived”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Chicago - Schaumburg/Woodfield
Ranked #25 of 29 Hotels in Schaumburg
Pecatonica, IL
“Not thrilled from the moment I arrived”
Reviewed November 22, 2013 via mobile

I requested two queen beds because I was traveling with another person and got a king room. Was told they had nothing else available. Went up to the room and it reeked of smoke. I had been given a smoking room. It was disgusting! I called and of course they had no other rooms but thy would send someone up to spray deodorizer. A few minutes went by and I received a call from the front desk and now they had a room available, but still only a king bed.
We went to the on-sitethe restaurant which was but had slow service, not the cook but the wait staff. After dinner we went back to the room. I wanted to use the Wi-fi. It was terrible. I seriously had to stand next to the door to get a signal,I called the front desk and was transferred to their IT help they couldn't help and transferred me back to front desk. They had yet another room open next to our original smoky room. that room smelled like it had been sprayed with deodorizer but at least the Wifi worked. So we moved to that room. After a little while in that room, we noticed a hairbrush and a can of hairspray that had been left by a guest who probably had requested to move before, we called the front desk so they could at least return it to their owner. Housekeeping came up and in broken English kept saying "Spray? Spray?" We told her no and gave her the items. Well the Wi-fi worked and we slept good even though we had to sleep in one bed. Well the next morning, I went to shower and guess who got a cold shower and the tub knob was loose and spun freely. So another call downstairs. I had to leave for work but my daughter stayed to shop at Woodfield. They did come up while she was at breakfast. She got a warm shower but the tub knob was not fixed.
On the plus side, the lobby of the hotel is beautiful and they do have a shuttle to Woodfield every hour.
I was mostly disappointed because I am Hilton Honors Diamond member and I really felt that they could have offered me a discount or something for all my troubles. Nope the evening front desk staff was caring but the staff in the morning really seemed to care less.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
DOSESS, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Chicago - Schaumburg/Woodfield, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
I am sorry for the delay in responding. I have been out of the office and needed to follow up with department heads. First, thank you for taking the time to lets us know about your stay. It seems there were multiple areas where we dropped our level of service. I have met with the staff, reviewed your comments and will be having corrective actions so your next stay meets your expectations. I sincerely hope you will give us another chance to serve.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Boston
Reviewed November 20, 2013

Stayed a couple times. Good value - nothing fancy but clean and decent.
Suite rooms.
Arcitecture/decor is a little Creole like and so is restaurant which is decent.
Great friendly staff.
Breakfast included.
Great location near Rte. 53 and the Mall etc.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your stay. We review every comment and look for areas were we can do more. Have a great Holiday! If you are back in the area, we have great weekend specials.
Tampa, United States
Reviewed November 18, 2013

Our Company has several sites in the area, Hilton hotels in the Vernon Hills IL area were not available. Other hotel company's were available for the same cost $139 a night. The Embassy Suites also were available for the same cost. After my last stay and seeing ALL what was offered for FREE.., we as a team decided that this will be our preferred hotel to stay in while in the Chicago area....

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Jorge, thank you for your wonderful comments. We are very glad you and your colleagues enjoyed their visit. If your travels bring you back to this area, please contact our sales office in advance to get group rates.
Florissant, MO
Reviewed November 14, 2013

Very nice, modern fixtures, extremely comfy bed with comforter, not heavy cover, pillows amazing, nice seating area in lobby, continental breakfast with evrything you could want for breakfast, even stayed open later than scheduled for late-comers. Close to the mall and a strip mall with Marshalls, Home Goods, Nordstrom and Bloomingdale Outlets, plent of restaurants close by

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Barbara, thank you for taking time to share your nice comments. We get a lot of shoppers this time of year. The late breakfast is just an added touch for those who enjoy to sleep in.
Springfield Illinois
Reviewed November 3, 2013

The property was spotless. I walk the stairs instead of using the elevator most of the time in hotels and the seldom used stairways are where you can truly judge the cleanliness of a hotel. The rooms are dated but my bed was fine. TV a little slow to respond but still okay.
Breakfast was fine with a staff who were very friendly and constantly on the move cleaning up and helping. The cook never stopped smiling.
There is a small pond adjacent to the hotel that attracts geese. Goose droppings were everywhere except in front of the hotel on the walkways. If you walk on the grassy area at night you will step in slippery goose droppings, guaranteed! Even some of the sidewalks near the parking lot will cause you to keep your eyes on the ground.

Room Tip: Since this is a not a scenic area I don't think it matters what you view although there is a sma...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time write comments. We do review these with our staff and appreciate guests sharing their experience. Thank you for choosing us. We know there are lots of choices.
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

I stay in lots of Hilton properties and Embassies are usually top-notch. This one is an older property, which means smaller suites and a noisier setting. The hotel was clean and the staff was helpful, but the furnishings were worn and the TV was horribly slow (sounds like a little thing until you have to wait 5 seconds every time you change a channel). The mattress was also old and uncomfortable. Overall my stay here was fine, but this isn't the best Embassy.

Stayed October 2013
DOSESS, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Chicago - Schaumburg/Woodfield, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. We do take all of the comments and share them with our executive team. I am happy to announce that we are currently finalizing our renovation plans for 2014 and 2015 and will be upgrading 100 suites with brand new living room sectional sofas.
Buffalo Grove, IL, United States
Reviewed October 24, 2013

This property is top notch! Clean, friendly staff, lots of perks (hot tub, evening reception, breakfast). I would stay again in a heartbeat! Would be perfect for families with the large rooms and separate bedroom. Nice for a couple wanting a romantic getaway as well. They have something for everyone here!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you for sharing your experience. You will be excited to hear that we have just ordered new sofa sleepers for the living rooms. We are excited for the new furniture. Thank you again for staying with us.