I requested two queen beds because I was traveling with another person and got a king room. Was told they had nothing else available. Went up to the room and it reeked of smoke. I had been given a smoking room. It was disgusting! I called and of course they had no other rooms but thy would send someone up to spray deodorizer. A few minutes went by and I received a call from the front desk and now they had a room available, but still only a king bed.
We went to the on-sitethe restaurant which was but had slow service, not the cook but the wait staff. After dinner we went back to the room. I wanted to use the Wi-fi. It was terrible. I seriously had to stand next to the door to get a signal,I called the front desk and was transferred to their IT help they couldn't help and transferred me back to front desk. They had yet another room open next to our original smoky room. that room smelled like it had been sprayed with deodorizer but at least the Wifi worked. So we moved to that room. After a little while in that room, we noticed a hairbrush and a can of hairspray that had been left by a guest who probably had requested to move before, we called the front desk so they could at least return it to their owner. Housekeeping came up and in broken English kept saying "Spray? Spray?" We told her no and gave her the items. Well the Wi-fi worked and we slept good even though we had to sleep in one bed. Well the next morning, I went to shower and guess who got a cold shower and the tub knob was loose and spun freely. So another call downstairs. I had to leave for work but my daughter stayed to shop at Woodfield. They did come up while she was at breakfast. She got a warm shower but the tub knob was not fixed.
On the plus side, the lobby of the hotel is beautiful and they do have a shuttle to Woodfield every hour.
I was mostly disappointed because I am Hilton Honors Diamond member and I really felt that they could have offered me a discount or something for all my troubles. Nope the evening front desk staff was caring but the staff in the morning really seemed to care less.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our impressive all-suite hotel in Schaumburg offers value added amenities that will save you big; welcome to the Embassy Suites Chicago - Schaumburg/Woodfield. We're located just 9 miles from the Chicago O'Hare (ORD) airport, and just minutes from the infamous Woodfield Mall. We offer complimentary local area transportation to nearby business and attractions, within a 4 mile radius. Hotel guests can enjoy our complimentary cooked-to-order breakfast daily, and our complimentary evening reception. All of our 2-room suites come equipped with a refrigerator, microwave, coffeemaker, and WiFi. Groups and meetings can take advantage of our 8,000 sq/ft of flexible event space, perfect for weddings and business meetings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Hilton Hotels Direct, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Embassy Suites by Hilton Chicago - Schaumburg/Woodfield reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites Hotel Chicago
- Schaumburg Embassy Suites