“OLDER EMBASSY W/ FANTASTIC FOOD” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Embassy Suites by Hilton Chicago - Schaumburg/Woodfield

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Embassy Suites by Hilton Chicago - Schaumburg/Woodfield
Ranked #22 of 29 Hotels in Schaumburg
Davenport, Iowa, United States
“OLDER EMBASSY W/ FANTASTIC FOOD”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013

This property has been awhile since it's seen any updating, and the carpet and wallpaper is showing it's age and is in need of replacement. Same goes for the 2 tv's in the suite.

Other than that, everything is your usual nice Embassy Suites, with very good employees. They do a very good job at keeping the place and in good repair for the age of the building. Housekeeping was especially good there, and everything was folded in a fancy way, even down to the plastic insert in the ice bucket, that the maid had turned into a flower. Nice touch after a long drive to Chicago.

Then they have a fantastic restaruant, with not only fantastic food, but the guy who took the order was great and helped me out with the cajun menu and suggested a great desert. The young man who served the meal was also exceptional.

Morning breakfast was above average for Embassy Suites, but they did start it about 15 minutes late. Another guest told me that she has stayed here before and it's a common problem that they can't seem to get their breakfast started when it's supposed to.

Overall good experience.

Room Tip: I requested a room away from the elevator and a high floor to avoid noise. The hotel was quiet exce...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Eau Claire, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2013

Everything was great at this hotel. I have stayed here before and had an equally good experience. One night I did hear the room next door come in late and make some noise in bed, but beyond that it was a great experience.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013

Arriving for a pom competition, we found our reservation at another hotel not honored because of over booking. They sent us to the Embassy Suites instead. The front desk personnel were professional check in was a breeze. Although the hotel somewhat dated, it was a lovely stay. The room was spacious with a sitting area, couch, table fridge, microwave and the bedroom in the back. The beds were comfortable The hotel has a nice character to it with all the rooms facing a lush green atrium. I was surprised at the made to order breakfast included in the rate. They have a managers cocktail hour, but did not attend to see what it was all about. The pool was nice and the workout equipment was top notch. Derek at the bar was friendly and a hard worker. It has been a long time since I have stayed at an Embassy Suite and I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Ann Arbor, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

The staff was very helpful giving information about local "things to do". The shuttle service was nice, the breakfast was awesome and the evening reception was a great bonus! I loved how the center of the hotel was an open courtyard, instead of the long closed hallways that are usually in hotels.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

South Bend, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2013

We had a wonderful night stay at your Embassy Suites hotel. Everyone was very kind and helpful and the room was VERY clean! Many comments noted it was dated, but for our family stay, it was clean and tidy and that is most important! Our children had a great time and we WILL be back!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Louisville, Kentucky
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

I used to always choose Embassy Suites when traveling on business. Had never stayed in one when on personal travel but decided to "go for it" when I saw that this Embassy Suites had a package that included entrance to the Lego Discovery Center.

Having stayed at Embassy Suites in the past, I was prepared for the "heavy hors d'oeuvres" in the evening and the awesome breakfast in the morning. We had a 5+ hour drive to get to Schaumburg and had planned to arrive while the evening reception was still in progress. I was SO disappointed to see that the evening reception consisted of popcorn and cheese cubes. Of course, the alcohol still flowed freely, but I was expecting more. Had told my kids that we would eat as soon as we got there, but alas, we had to seek food elsewhere.

When we returned to the room, we were pretty tired and ready to go to bed. There were towels, but no washcloths. Called the front desk to get some sent up to the room. Waited and waited and waited. Had to end up calling again.

The suite itself was wonderful. I have a 15-year-old daughter and 12-year-old son. My daughter and I shared the king bed and my son had the sofa bed / separate room to himself. My daughter and I slept wonderfully; unfortunately, my son did not. The sofa bed was highly uncomfortable and there was SO MUCH noise that came through the glass windows / doors from the atrium that he was just not able to sleep.

So disappointed.

I felt so bad for him.

The breakfast buffet was exactly what I had remembered from my previous travels, so that was definitely a highlight from our stay. Unfortunately, there was no milk for the cereal but the selection for omelet toppings was great.

Also, the elevators are unbelievably slow. could not find the stairs.

Room Tip: Any of the "inner" rooms are probably good but the outer suite rooms are probably noisy.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Indianapolis, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

As my title states. The hotel is nice, although a little dated. The whirlpool is old and doesn't whirl much. The coffee is a horrible instant coffee from a dispenser. gross. They need to serve real brewed coffee.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business