My family and I stayed at the Embassy Suites Schaumburg over the New Years weekend. The location of the hotel is good as it is close to Woodfield Mall (and all of it's restaurants and amenities).
The facility has ample parking facilities. The lobby and public areas (breakfast area, elevator banks, pool/workout facility) are quite dated appearing and really need to be further updated. The hotel really has a 1980's feel with all of the dark wood and dark carpet.
The room size was good (had two double beds and a pullout couch in the living room) and the amenities were good (fridge and microwave). Much like the rest of the hotel, the room needs a serious facelift. I really did feel like I was in the 1980's from the carpet to the furniture. The only thing that looked like it came from this century was the flat panel TV and the new drapes.
As with all Embassy Suites, the free breakfast and evening managers reception re always nice.
The hotel staff were very freindly and helpful and responded quickly to all requests made. Granted, we came on a busy weekend, but there were a few things that stood out and could have been done better.
-#1). The lighting in the room was already quite poor and when I first entered the room, one of the two table lamps in the bedroom had a burned out lightbulb. Not a huge issue (it was changed promptly when I called), but these are the little things you think would be checked when the room is being prepared for the next guest.
-#2).The shower curtain (which is white) had a huge blood stain on it. How the heck was this missed when the room was being cleaned. Again, this was promptly handled when I called but a bit off putting to say the least.
-#3).When I ordered a desert, instead of telling me that part of what I ordered wasn't avilable, they just substitued it with something else that I really don't care for and would not order. Again, not a huge deal but it would be nice to tell the guest that what they ordered isn't exactly available and give them the option of accepting a substitute instead of just bringing it and charging for it.
-#4). We came back to the room after being out all day (came back at about 5PM) and the room still had not been made up. Again, a quick call downstairs rectified this and it was a holiday weekend but none the less, a bit irritating when coming back after a long day out.
-#5). Not the end of the world but the workout facility is very small and is directly adjacent to the pool. The smell of chlorine was so strong that taking deep breaths (as you do when you are working out) after 90 minutes gave me a headache for the rest of the evening. Part of any renovation should include improving the ventilation in the workout facility.
Overall, I would at best rate this hotel as average. The staff were really great but the facility itself really needs some improvement. If I needed to return to this area, I would likely look for another Hilton family property and would only return here if there were no other options.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our impressive all-suite hotel in Schaumburg offers value added amenities that will save you big; welcome to the Embassy Suites Chicago - Schaumburg/Woodfield. We're located just 9 miles from the Chicago O'Hare (ORD) airport, and just minutes from the infamous Woodfield Mall. We offer complimentary local area transportation to nearby business and attractions, within a 4 mile radius. Hotel guests can enjoy our complimentary cooked-to-order breakfast daily, and our complimentary evening reception. All of our 2-room suites come equipped with a refrigerator, microwave, coffeemaker, and WiFi. Groups and meetings can take advantage of our 8,000 sq/ft of flexible event space, perfect for weddings and business meetings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, Priceline, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotels.com, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Embassy Suites by Hilton Chicago - Schaumburg/Woodfield reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites Hotel Chicago
- Schaumburg Embassy Suites