I only spent one night at this hotel, but my husband, who stayed for over a week had the same impressions I received from my short visit. I'll include a few of his observations in this review. I have stayed at a number of Embassy Suites locations over the years, and the amenities at this location were similar my experiences in the past for the most part.
When entering the hotel lobby and the main atrium, you experience the visual splendor of plants, fountains, stone walk-ways and glass elevators that make Embassy Suites unique and exciting. Breakfast and a happy hour are available at no additional cost. We stopped by the happy hour and thought they offered a fairly wide selection of snacks and drinks. Our particular room rate option included a limited dinner option some nights of the week (I believe it was Monday through Thursday, but don’t quote me on that). I did not stay on a night dinner was included in our rate, but my husband said the meals were though there wasn’t a large variety of options with this particular deal. For those only staying a few nights the variety would not be an issue. The hotel offers workout facilities, and the pool and hot tub are indoor, so you can keep in shape or enjoy the recreation year-round.
The rooms offered the standard Embassy privacy of a front room and a bedroom that could be closed off. This was great for us, as my sister was staying with us and the couch pulls out to become a bed. The front room has space to sit and relax, and the bar-style counter sets off a small area with a refrigerator and microwave. The bedroom has a vanity table, which is helpful when two or more people are getting ready in the morning or before heading out for the evening. The bath amenities, by Crabtree and Evelyn, were a pleasant surprise. The Avocado, Basil and Olive shampoo and conditioner were an unexpectedly refreshing mix. Just reading the bottle the combination sounds strange, but I really enjoyed my showers with these products.
The staff was pleasant and always smiled when we approached. When my husband asked for something sharp and strong to cut open our luggage (it was on its last leg and the zipper would never again open), they didn’t run in horror.
While I enjoyed the above-mentioned amenities offered by this Embassy Suites, the state of our room was not so great. It wasn’t particularly dirty. It was just old and worn. The most entertaining example of this was the cushion on the chair that had a noticeable hole in the center. We flipped the cushion to hide it and found a considerably larger hole on the other side. The suite was a bit on the cramped side. We knew we would be in the Schaumburg area for several months, so we wanted a hotel experience that offered a bit of “home”. The lounge area of the suite was not quite big enough to be a place where I would want to spend a lot of time, and with three people, we found ourselves stepping over each other bit to navigate going in and out of the bathroom.
The price of the hotel was much higher than the other local options I researched. We felt that the worn condition of the room and the slightly cramped feeling did not warrant the price point. In comparison, we transferred to the Homewood Suites in the area where we had a much larger suite, a kitchenette, similar included meal amenities, and unbelievable service for more than $50 a day less than what we were paying at the Embassy. The only amenities we lost were the impressive atrium, and the year-round pool and hot tub.
All in all, I though the Embassy was exciting, but the feeling that it was old and worn, too cramped for my longer-stay needs, and too much money for the returns ended up sending me elsewhere for the rest of my visit. If you’re just staying a few nights, are looking for an exciting and active atmosphere, and aren’t concerned about price, you will probably be quite happy with this Embassy Suites location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our impressive all-suite hotel in Schaumburg offers value added amenities that will save you big; welcome to the Embassy Suites Chicago - Schaumburg/Woodfield. We're located just 9 miles from the Chicago O'Hare (ORD) airport, and just minutes from the infamous Woodfield Mall. We offer complimentary local area transportation to nearby business and attractions, within a 4 mile radius. Hotel guests can enjoy our complimentary cooked-to-order breakfast daily, and our complimentary evening reception. All of our 2-room suites come equipped with a refrigerator, microwave, coffeemaker, and WiFi. Groups and meetings can take advantage of our 8,000 sq/ft of flexible event space, perfect for weddings and business meetings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hilton Hotels Direct, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Embassy Suites by Hilton Chicago - Schaumburg/Woodfield reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites Hotel Chicago
- Schaumburg Embassy Suites