“Great hotel!”

Chicago Marriott Schaumburg
Ranked #21 of 29 Hotels in Schaumburg
Reviewed March 22, 2010

We were in town on business last month and had a wonderful experience. The staff was very friendly and the hotel was immaculate. We will definitely be returning.

Thanks for a wonderful experience!
Jane Palmer

There are newer reviews for Chicago Marriott Schaumburg

Reviewed March 18, 2010

Excellent hotel with friendly, efficient service. The staff went out of its way to make sure that everything was perfect for the event. Couldn't ask for a better venue, service, or accomodations.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed March 6, 2010

The service was transparent, sometimes non existant. When I asked for a luggage trolley, it took almost 30 minutes to get it. It's funny that such a big hotel has only one. The room is regular for Mariotts, with not quite a new furniture. I've requested a kingsize bed, but got two queens, which was disappointing, since to be in the room with two beds, while you need one is not very pleasant. The location is perfect if you want to be near Woodfield mall. I liked the Body and Works products in the bathroom. I don't undrstand the lack of refrigerator in room. The bath was small so I could use it only as a shower. The gym as an average exercize room with no amenities to do any exercizes, but running.

Reviewed March 5, 2010

I booked this hotel last minute on priceline for a quick "bachelorette" shopping trip. Our price was unbeatable...$45 - -and the service at the hotel was great. Our room was average, but adequate. It was clean, and large enough to comfortably hold all of our shopping bags. It is the perfect location to Woodfield, IKEA, and everything else that this "neck of the woods" is known for. With great access to O'Hare, I would also recommend it to business travelers. The hot tub could certainly use some love, but the pool itself was fine. Starbucks on site was lovely in the morning. Would certainly recommend it for a bargain in a nice area.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 2, 2010

I checked in to this hotel for a 6 night stay, I ended up checking out the next night. I thought the decor was outdated and in OK to Poor condition. The room I was given smelled like moldy laundry and there was a small patch of actual mold on an area of the bathroom wall. The chair had a large white splotch that had been rubbed around and the desk looked like someone was smoking at it since it had burn marks.. I called the front desk to let them know I'd be be checking out early and they didn't bother to ask why so I didn't get in to it.. In any case, I know that $169 isn't much but I do have higher expectations since I stay at Marriott locations all the time. I to the Hyatt Place which isn't much better when it comes to the smell but at least I feel like I am getting the best bang for my buck..

Reviewed February 2, 2010

The service and atmosphere was great. I've stayed at other places and nothing beats staying at the Marriott in Schaumburg. The staff acknowledges your stay and go out of their way to make you feel at home. They are friendly and everything is worryless as they are on top of everything. They have great recommendations if you're looking for outside things to do. Oh, and if it's a special event, talk about feeling as if they are part of your celebration. I had all the staff sign a wonderful card and left in our room. I felt as if I knew who these people were. I recommend this location to everyone! Can't wait to go back and getaway at their wonderful place.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 12, 2010

We stayed with a large group having a wedding at the hotel. There was a huge group of ill mannered cheerleaders taking over the entire hotel including the pool. I did not see any security at all.
The TV in the bathroom did not work. Complaints made to the hotel were not answered.
This is a huge convention hotel so it depends on the particular group whether this would be suitable.
Big problem with our reservation for brunch and it took an hour to solve it. Food was excellent as was the brunch.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with family