“Fantastic Find from Priceline”

Chicago Marriott Schaumburg
Ranked #21 of 29 Hotels in Schaumburg
Reviewed April 6, 2014

Priceline.com hooked me up with this wonderful hotel. My offer was way under the value of this 3 1/2 star hotel. Perfect location and very friendly and accommodating staff! Rooms seem to be recently renovated with very comfortable beds!!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
TMcCallum2014, General Manager at Chicago Marriott Schaumburg, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2014

Many thanks for your kind words about the comfort of our hotel and the service provided by our staff. If you were here for business at nearby corporate offices, shopping at Legoland or Westfields Mall, or simply for relaxation I am glad you found our location to be so convenient. We look forward to seeing you again.

There are newer reviews for Chicago Marriott Schaumburg

Reviewed April 5, 2014

Pros:

Clean - extremely
Staff - professional & polite
Restaurant - pretty good... ESPECIALLY for a hotel restaurant
Gym - really good for a hotel gym, about ten cardio machines etc.
Erol - I am unsure of his position but this guy drives the shuttle (I'm sure he does more but that was the extent of my interaction with him). He recommended good restaurants, took me to Target (forgot to pack some supplies) etc. And all with a smile. This guy is great.
Housekeeping - kept the room very clean.

Cons:

None really. My key card kept losing its charge and I had to keep getting it rescanned... this was annoying but sometimes those systems are finicky so it's not a big deal.

Overall:

This hotel gets a lot of business traffic (just go in the lobby at 730am on a weekday and you will see for yourself LOL) and you can tell they are one of the top performing Marriotts in the country.

Room Tip: This hotel is at minimum 30 minutes from downtown. If you're here for travel then it is a great...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
TMcCallum2014, General Manager at Chicago Marriott Schaumburg, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2014

We certainly appreciate the kind words about our hotel, restaurant, and fitness center as well as our convenient location to area shopping and many local corporate offices. We especially thank you for mentioning the helpfulness of our associates-especially Erol, who is one of our bellmen. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed March 31, 2014

Didn't stay at the hotel. I was only there for lunch at the Blue Fire Grille two weeks ago with a friend. I was a little leery when no one was at the hostess station and we had to wait around and only two other people were dining at noon.I liked the Wildberry salad served with a variety of fresh bread so much I wanted to go back with my husband. Well... No hostess at station again. We almost left. My salad was still good but no bread. I inquired about the bread I had the last time with my salad and was told there isn't any. The person who was to take it out of the freezer was late and it's still frozen. Really!!! They'd see what they could do. Several minutes later they came back with very stale, dry rolls that crumbled when I tried to break it open. By then i was finished with salad anyway. This was noon and oh yes, only to other people dining again.
My husband ordered a medium rare hamburger which came well done.
Very disappointing meal. Will not be back!

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kauaiisheaven
TMcCallum2014, General Manager at Chicago Marriott Schaumburg, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2014

I am very sorry that after an enjoyable luncheon experience you returned only to be disappointed. Obviously, the bread experience is unacceptable both in its not being available and in the way it was handled by our staff. Please be assured that your comments will be put to constructive use. I hope you will reconsider about coming back.

Reviewed March 28, 2014

I would like to say how friendly the staff is. Especially the wait staff at breakfast our granddaughter is a very picky 5year old. The waitress sat right next to her and helped her decide what she wanted let her take her time. She was excellent.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
TMcCallum2014, General Manager at Chicago Marriott Schaumburg, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how much you enjoyed your weekend getaway with your grandchildren. Your comments about the friendliness and helpfulness of our staff are appreciated and will be shared with all - particularly the breakfast staff. Thanks again for writing.

Reviewed March 27, 2014

In the middle of a concrete jungle, but ok for a business meeting near O'Hare at a reasonable price. Conference rooms fine. Bed comfy, room easy to keep at a comfortable temperature, Staff very helpful and friendly.
Lobby bar comfortable and bar staff efficient. Both mornings that I stayed there, I tried to take a shower at about 0730hrs. Both times the water was cold and I had to try again a couple of hours later. Told the staff, but no adequate explanation given. Overall a nice middle-of-the-road hotel. I stay there three or four times a year and am generally happy with the value of it.

Room Tip: stay on the ground floor at end of the corridor away from the front desk
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

We are glad to see that your meeting went well and that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for your comments about our staff, the accommodations, and the comfort and service in our lounge. I am sorry about the hot water issue. We have not had any other comments like this, but our engineering staff has been made aware so thanks for letting us know. Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed March 21, 2014

I usually like Marriotts for family vacations but this place is terrible. Linens are scratchy. I paid extra for "executive level" but oops, it's closed the days we're here. Front desk said my kids were too loud while they played on the floor with Legos. Outdated gym and grumpy staff. Wish we were at the Hilton.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
TMcCallum2014, General Manager at Chicago Marriott Schaumburg, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2014

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. Obviously, we failed to provide you with our usual friendly and professional service and for this I apologize. It is our pleasure to host and serve families every weekend at our hotel. Our goal is to provide them with exceptional service so they will want to return and they usually do just that. I hope you will give us another opportunity to demonstrate the personal and courteous service that we strive to provide for all of our guests. Please feel free to contact me directly so I may personally assist with your reservation.

Reviewed March 16, 2014

The location is very conveniently located across from Woodfield mall which is a magnificent mall! However our room was extremely small. The hotel is built on a hill so our first floor room is actually half below ground. We weren't ready for room service at 10:00am and they never came back the rest of the day. The breakfast buffet was good but I thought a little pricey.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
TMcCallum2014, General Manager at Chicago Marriott Schaumburg, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2014

We are sorry to hear that you were disappointed with the size of your accommodations and our room service. Please be assured that we take your comments very seriously and will use them in our ongoing efforts to offer outstanding service to our guests. Thank you for pointing out the convenience of our location. I hope we will have another opportunity to welcome you to our hotel.