“Pretty average business hotel”

Chicago Marriott Schaumburg
Ranked #21 of 29 Hotels in Schaumburg
Reviewed October 24, 2013

Room was slightly smaller than some other hotels I have stayed in recently. Room had a good working desk. Room was clean and resonably up to date. Wi-fi was included in my room, which is always nice. Typical breakfast buffett. Plenty of food options in the surrounding area. All in all, what I would expect but nothing stood out as above average.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Maz I, General Manager at Chicago Marriott Schaumburg, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2013

Thank you for your review of our hotel. Our staff and I are always looking for ways to improve our guest experience. If you have the time I would like to speak with you in regards to what we could have done to improve your experience at our hotel. I look forward to hearing from you.

There are newer reviews for Chicago Marriott Schaumburg

Reviewed October 20, 2013

If you are looking for a good unsurprising business hotel, this is it. The rooms are clean and the touches a business traveler cares about are present ( good internet, a large desk and an on site Starbucks if you just want coffee in the morning) The downside is that rooms that face the road have a constant hum from the cars on the highway. If you are forced to stay in Schaumburg, this will meet your needs.

Room Tip: Get rooms that face away from the highway.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

We very much appreciate you taking the time to write your review. The entire staff and I always appreciate guest feedback on ways we can improve our guest experience. We look forward to your next visit when in the Schaumburg area.

Reviewed October 19, 2013

I stayed at this hotel on a recent business trip. It's an average Marriott property - with typical Marriott rooms. The executive lounge, though very small, was staffed by a woman with outstanding customer service skills and the food offerings - in both the evening and morning - were adequate.

My initial room was on the 14th floor, so it was high, but was overlooking the expressway - and was very, very noisy. When I asked to be moved, they were very accommodating and told me that they are very aware of the noise issues in those rooms - and are looking at possible solutions, perhaps a different type of window.

I was a bit concerned about staying at this hotel after reading about it on Tripadvisor, but if you are in Schaumburg - and prefer Marriott properties - the hotel is fine.

Room Tip: If you would like a quiet room, ask for a room that does not overlook the expressway.
2  Thank SeeingTheWordFromORD

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of the hotel. The ladies in the concierge lounge are amazing people. They treat our guest as if they were guest at their own home. We are working on address the noise issue from the expressway and always use guest feedback on ways to improve. We have a great team of associates who genuinely have a passion for what they do. We look forward to your next visit when in the Schaumburg area.

Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is booked for me for business so I can't tell you the value. I think they get a good deal. As It is the hotel we use often. I've stayed at least four times. The hotel restaurant is nice, the rooms are clean, and the parking is free. All good things but the best part is the staff from the shuttle driver to the waiters to the front desk staff. All wonderful!!

• Stayed: September 2013

Thank you for your wonderful comments regarding our hotel. The staff is always engaging and they are the most valued asset any organization can have. I have shared your comments with the staff and we very much appreciate you taking the time to write a review of our hotel.We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

I wasn't expecting much from this hotel due to it's rather unexciting location, but the staff, including the woman who helped me at the front desk, and the extremely accommodating van/shuttle driver, were extremely friendly and helpful. My room was very clean and seemed updated.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

I wanted to thank you for taking the time to write your review. I have shared your great comments regarding the hotel staff services along with the cleanliness of the hotel. We look forward to your next visit when in the Schaumburg area.

Reviewed October 9, 2013

Amazing breakfast spread, best way to start the day especially when you are away from home. The total ambiance was good. I got the preferred bedding request. My only negative is that they offered a free upgrade to some guests in our party and held back on others. Left with a bad taste in the mouth, but the breakfast made up for some of it.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Maz I, General Manager at Chicago Marriott Schaumburg, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2013

Breakfast is truly the best way to start your day. Our culinary team takes great pride, have a passion for their work and treat every one of our guest as if they are hosting them at their home. Thank you for your wonderful comments regarding the hotel. As for the upgrade we try to upgrade our guest based on our availability. Please let us know the next time you visit us and we will do everything we can to get you and upgrade if it is available.

Reviewed October 7, 2013

This hotel is very nice and super clean. The check-in was quick and the staff member at the front desk was extremly professional...so nice to see. I wish I would have remembered his name. The room was nicely decorated and the bed was super comfortable. Very quiet hotel. I would definintely stay here again!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your wonderful comments and perfect rating in all areas of the hotel. I am very proud of our team, as they are the most valuable asset to the hotel. The genuine care they show as hosts is what makes our jobs that much better. We look forward to your next visit.