“Team Central”

Chicago Marriott Schaumburg
Ranked #21 of 29 Hotels in Schaumburg
Reviewed May 2, 2013

Room was comfortable although unremarkable. We have had two separate stays in the past couple of weeks for family events, both times the hotel was teeming with soccer teams. The hotel is very close to a large soccer field complex and apparently hosts many of the players and their families. The first afternoon we checked in we had just returned from an international flight and the sound of giggling girls, footsteps running up and down the halls, and doors slamming made us very worried that afternoon. In fairness, it was quiet in the night and we were not bothered while sleeping. The second stay we invited guests back to the hotel for a night cap and the bar was packed (I guess the parents need a break too). Again, no noise in the room, but the lobby and public areas were chaotic with parents, families, and groups of giggling girls coming and going day and night.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Maz I, General Manager at Chicago Marriott Schaumburg, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2013

I would like to thank you for your wonderful comments and perfect scores regarding cleanliness, friendliness, location, and sleep quality. That particular weekend was indeed a soccer weekend. We are conveniently located with in walking distance to the fields which makes us a popular choice for the tournaments. We look forward to your next visit to the area, and appreciate your loyalty to the hotel.

Reviewed April 30, 2013

This is my second review on this hotel after my second stay last month. Despite have an unpleasant experience, I thought I should give it a try since I was impressed with the attentive resolution by the manager Mr.Migidi on the issues last time. This time, I could see that the services had improved with great timeliness. The lady in the breakfast bar was not friendly, but it is understandable given that she has to face straightlaced business professionals (only) in this business hotel. The hotel could get better with some upgrade. There are some places like the lobby and the lounge that gives you a time travel to 90s or 80s. Altogether, this hotel is strictly for people who stay for business and it should work out very well for them. Thanks Mr.Migidi for reinstating the marriott trust,.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Voyager_Kams

Thank you for taking the time to write your review, and your great comments regarding Migidi and the team. The cleanliness and service scores you gave us reflect the commitment from the team. We look forward to your next visit to the area.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

I spent the past weekend at this property and found everything to be very nice. However, there were several grade and high school groups staying there over the weekend for various functions, and it was next to impossible to enjoy the pool or the pool area, even though I looked in on it several times. It was very loud and crowded each time, and when I was back in my room, I heard many groups of unsupervised children laughing, shrieking,and running up and down the halls for several hours. I can't fault the hotel for any of this, but wish some concessions (e.g., restricted pool hours for children) could be put in place so that paying adult guests could also enjoy the facilities.

Room Tip: Ask for a rooom facing the wooded area, rather than the expressway. It's quiet, scenic, and attr...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo

On behalf of all of us at the Schaumburg Marriott, I would like to thank you for your wonderful comments and scores. The hotel did happen to have several large groups in that particular weekend, and the pool area was extremely busy. We have opened the outdoor pool as well for the season, and hope that you come back to visit us to enjoy the outdoor pool.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

I stay at this property often as I get a good deal from a third party discount site, however it's just pretty average. The beds are comfortable, the bathroom is tiny, and the decor is 'okay'. The staff is really nice, but I have found on a few occasions that when I have asked them to call me a cab, they claim to and the cab mysteriously never arrives.

My major gripe about this property is that once in the room, there is next to NO cell phone reception. Especially rooms on the fourth floor for some reason. It's super annoying.

Room Tip: Sign up free for a Marriot's reward card, then you don't have to pay 25 dollars to have a fr...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I very much appreciate your wonderful comments regarding our staff. In regards to the size of the guest bathrooms we have started a renovation this week and should be complete by late summer. We look forward to your next visit to the area. Please feel free to call me with any questions that you may have.

Reviewed April 5, 2013

I travel here for business and can tell you that the reception by all staff exceeds any other hotel I have ever stayed at. From the moment you arrive you are pleasantly greeted and made to feel that everyone in genuinely pleased that you are there.

Hotel is sparkling clean and the rooms are perfect for what I need. The room service exceeds expectations every time.

First hotel ever to make business travel feel like a mini vacation.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write your review. Our staff truly is the most valuable asset with have. They are a great group of individuals who genuinely love what they do. Your perfect scores all across the board are very kind. We understand that everyone would much rather be at home than traveling, and our goal is to make every stay as close to your home as possible. We look forward to your next visit when in the area.

Reviewed April 5, 2013

Horrible customer care! We made a reservation and the lady at the counter would not let us check in early. This is after she had initially told my wife the she could check us in, but she seemed to change her mind after my wife went out to the car to get the reservation information. She said that it would be an inconvenience for her to stop what she was doing. If she stopped she would have to stay to work past her shift. Even after my wife explained to her that we had just driven from out of state, had our daughter in the car and we were very tired, but she didn't care about our situation nor that it was 3:00am and we were extremely tired. She still had the audacity of telling my wife she was more than welcome to wait in the lobby until check in time, which was at 3:00pm.

• Stayed: April 2013

On behalf of the entire staff please except my apologies for the encounter you experienced. This is totally unacceptable behavior, and is truly an anomaly not the norm. I have spoken with the entire front desk team regarding your experience and they have all been through a service training class. I am glad to see that the rest of your stay went well along with your perfect scores in cleanliness and value paid. I hope that during your next visit to the area that you will give us an opportunity to host you.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

Nice hotel, close to all the shopping offered in Schaumburg. City is only about 45 minutes away. This is not as nice as other Marriott's I have stayed at in the past, beds and pillows could use some updating, but with this being said I had no complaints of property, staff is nice and accommodating, shower is nice though bathroom is a little small.

Room Tip: Stayed in first room on lowest level, was concerned might be noisy, but had no problems.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Maz I, General Manager at Chicago Marriott Schaumburg, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2013

Thank you in regards to your comments regarding the staff service and cleanliness of the hotel. The hotel is centrally located in the area with easy access to the local attractions. We look forward to your next visit when in the area.