“The Terrible Attendant Tired, reservation, no room.”

Chicago Marriott Schaumburg
Ranked #21 of 29 Hotels in Schaumburg
Reviewed April 5, 2013

Horrible customer care! We made a reservation and the lady at the counter would not let us check in early. This is after she had initially told my wife the she could check us in, but she seemed to change her mind after my wife went out to the car to get the reservation information. She said that it would be an inconvenience for her to stop what she was doing. If she stopped she would have to stay to work past her shift. Even after my wife explained to her that we had just driven from out of state, had our daughter in the car and we were very tired, but she didn't care about our situation nor that it was 3:00am and we were extremely tired. She still had the audacity of telling my wife she was more than welcome to wait in the lobby until check in time, which was at 3:00pm.

• Stayed: April 2013
Maz I, General Manager at Chicago Marriott Schaumburg, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2013

On behalf of the entire staff please except my apologies for the encounter you experienced. This is totally unacceptable behavior, and is truly an anomaly not the norm. I have spoken with the entire front desk team regarding your experience and they have all been through a service training class. I am glad to see that the rest of your stay went well along with your perfect scores in cleanliness and value paid. I hope that during your next visit to the area that you will give us an opportunity to host you.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

Nice hotel, close to all the shopping offered in Schaumburg. City is only about 45 minutes away. This is not as nice as other Marriott's I have stayed at in the past, beds and pillows could use some updating, but with this being said I had no complaints of property, staff is nice and accommodating, shower is nice though bathroom is a little small.

Room Tip: Stayed in first room on lowest level, was concerned might be noisy, but had no problems.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Maz I, General Manager at Chicago Marriott Schaumburg, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2013

Thank you in regards to your comments regarding the staff service and cleanliness of the hotel. The hotel is centrally located in the area with easy access to the local attractions. We look forward to your next visit when in the area.

Reviewed March 2, 2013

The good:

- decent location
- nice room
- relatively newly renovated (but not very recent)

The bad:

- tiny bathroom
- first floor rooms might feel like basement for some people
- one side faces a noisy highway and you can hear the noise
- restaurant service is not that good

The average:

- executive lounge's offering is OK but it does not seem they put much thoughts into it like some other Marriotts

Room Tip: Avoid rooms that face the highway if you want quietness - you can hear the highway pretty well even...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write your comments. If you have the time please contact me so that I may get more information as to how we can improve our concierge lounge. I would also like to thank you for your ratings in regards to service and cleanliness. We always appreciate feedback and look for ways to improve our business.

Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

The Marriott Schaumburg is a great hotel if you're in the NW suburbs of chicago.If we're in the area we always stay here and it has never disappointed. The lobby and bar are very nice and the rooms are always clean and comfortable.Like how close the hotel is to the mall and to numerous restaurants. The only downfall is that you have to pay for internet access ,seems like that policy is outdated.All said, I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank beadsrule

Thank you for your great comments regarding the hotel, staff service and cleanliness. As with many organizations your team members are truly the most valuable asset we have. We look forward to welcoming you back during your next visit.

Reviewed February 21, 2013

I stayed here on a recent business trip to Schaumburg. The facility and restaurant are about what you would expect from a Marriott, though the beds are especially comfortable. Where this hotel shines, though, is with the staff. I needed to book a conference room last minute and it was not a problem. Staff checked several times to make sure we have everything we needed and I even got a phone call and email after I left from Eileen Quinn at the hotel to double check everything was satisfactory.

What usually separates one hotel in a certain class from another property in the same class is the staff and the people at the Chicago Mariott Schaumburg are great.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to write your comments. I would agree with you that it is the service that the team members provide that are the most important and memorable ones. I have shared your comments with the team. We look forward to your next visit when in the area.

Reviewed February 10, 2013

Stayed here a few nights ago for a pleasure trip. My husband chose this hotel as he had been staying there for week long stays during the summer months while working in the Chicago area. It was pretty quiet and not very many guests for a Friday night. Perhaps it was due to a snow storm that had just passed through the day before? It was quiet and clean. The beds are very, very comfortable. Although I didn't use either, the fitness center and pool are a huge plus. It is disappointing that the concierge services were not open for our stay. It would have been nice to have had some cocktails that evening and a breakfast the next morning.

Room Tip: Ask for the non-road side. It makes for a very quiet night.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Wife2Table45
Maz I, General Manager at Chicago Marriott Schaumburg, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2013

I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your comments. It is great to see that your husband and yourself where able to enjoy the hotel. I would like to thank you for your scores and great comments regarding the hotel. I hope that your next visit you will be able to enjoy the fitness center and the outdoor pools. It really is a wonderful setting. Please let us know when you plan your next visit to the area.

Reviewed February 4, 2013

I must begin by telling you that our room was spotless. The beds were comfy and cozy. The room was cold by the window but I think this is the age of the building showing. Oh yes, I almost neglected to say the Wireless would not work. But then again who cares, it's not like I want to pay $15 for two hours of mindless email checking on a weekend get-away!!??

Each of these has little to do with my review. I stay at Marriotts whenever I can. I'm only a silver member of their elite travel club but I can just as easily walk my money over the road and stay at a Hilton. When I walk in to Marriott I have come to expect certain treatment and an especially warm greeting appropriate for a returning guest. Instead I was asked for photo ID and then told the double room I had booked and paid extra for was sold out and unavailable. I explained that this was not going to work for me as I did not want to share a bed with my adult daughter. Funny how she pushed a few buttons and behold... a room with double beds! No comments, no apology. :) No greeting. On the way to our room my daughter asked why I was not welcomed as a special returning guest as she has noticed this normally happens when traveling with me.
I am not a travel snob. Okay, I am. But my money is just as good at the hotel across the way and they at least act like they like me! I did talk with the front house manager in the morning and explained our story. He was apologetic and took personal responsibility. Now THAT is the Marriott welcome.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your comments. I understand that you had a challenge upon check in. I would like to apologize to you in regards to that particular experience. I understand that our Front Office Manager spoke with you the next morning and addressed your issue. I appreciate that you addressed it with him as this way we can address the issue and make the appropriate changes. I would also like to thank you for your wonderful comments regarding your room and cleanliness. I look forward to your next visit to the area, and I hope you give us another opportunity to host you. We truly value your business and know that when you travel you have several choices.