“Quiet. SUPER comfortable beds”

Chicago Marriott Schaumburg
Ranked #21 of 29 Hotels in Schaumburg
Ann Arbor, Michigan
“Quiet. SUPER comfortable beds”
Reviewed February 10, 2013

Stayed here a few nights ago for a pleasure trip. My husband chose this hotel as he had been staying there for week long stays during the summer months while working in the Chicago area. It was pretty quiet and not very many guests for a Friday night. Perhaps it was due to a snow storm that had just passed through the day before? It was quiet and clean. The beds are very, very comfortable. Although I didn't use either, the fitness center and pool are a huge plus. It is disappointing that the concierge services were not open for our stay. It would have been nice to have had some cocktails that evening and a breakfast the next morning.

Room Tip: Ask for the non-road side. It makes for a very quiet night.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Wife2Table45
Maz I, General Manager at Chicago Marriott Schaumburg, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your comments. It is great to see that your husband and yourself where able to enjoy the hotel. I would like to thank you for your scores and great comments regarding the hotel. I hope that your next visit you will be able to enjoy the fitness center and the outdoor pools. It really is a wonderful setting. Please let us know when you plan your next visit to the area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Reviewed February 4, 2013

I must begin by telling you that our room was spotless. The beds were comfy and cozy. The room was cold by the window but I think this is the age of the building showing. Oh yes, I almost neglected to say the Wireless would not work. But then again who cares, it's not like I want to pay $15 for two hours of mindless email checking on a weekend get-away!!??

Each of these has little to do with my review. I stay at Marriotts whenever I can. I'm only a silver member of their elite travel club but I can just as easily walk my money over the road and stay at a Hilton. When I walk in to Marriott I have come to expect certain treatment and an especially warm greeting appropriate for a returning guest. Instead I was asked for photo ID and then told the double room I had booked and paid extra for was sold out and unavailable. I explained that this was not going to work for me as I did not want to share a bed with my adult daughter. Funny how she pushed a few buttons and behold... a room with double beds! No comments, no apology. :) No greeting. On the way to our room my daughter asked why I was not welcomed as a special returning guest as she has noticed this normally happens when traveling with me.
I am not a travel snob. Okay, I am. But my money is just as good at the hotel across the way and they at least act like they like me! I did talk with the front house manager in the morning and explained our story. He was apologetic and took personal responsibility. Now THAT is the Marriott welcome.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your comments. I understand that you had a challenge upon check in. I would like to apologize to you in regards to that particular experience. I understand that our Front Office Manager spoke with you the next morning and addressed your issue. I appreciate that you addressed it with him as this way we can address the issue and make the appropriate changes. I would also like to thank you for your wonderful comments regarding your room and cleanliness. I look forward to your next visit to the area, and I hope you give us another opportunity to host you. We truly value your business and know that when you travel you have several choices.
Peoria
Reviewed January 26, 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel for a convention. The lobby area with Starbucks is nice but once you get to your room (i had #252), it is a whole different story. The doors don't have self closing so you hear slamming all night, they don't properly fit so there is large spaces under where light comes in. And the bathrooms are ok but the basic toiletries aren't included. I had higher expectations for this hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
I would like to apologize to you in regards to your last stay. We have since addressed your issues with the door and made the proper repairs. As for the toiletries please contact me so that I may find out more information. I would like to thank you for your wonderful ratings in service in cleanliness. Please feel free to contact me so that we can discuss everything in detail. I look forward to speaking with you in the near future.
Huntington Beach, California
Reviewed January 23, 2013

The property is typical of Marriott Hotels. It is clean, friendly, efficient, and well-managed. Although this building dates to the 80s, it has been freshened several times and is in top-notch condition. The rooms are quiet (ask for a west facing room) and well furnished with a comfortable bed and nice linens. The Concierge Lounge is small, but clubby with a great breakfast and a nice Happy Hour in the afternoon. Although there are probably 15 hotels in the immediate area, some for less money, the Marriott is a great choice for a business trip. It is easy to get to with access to the expressway just down the road taking one to the city or ORD.
Dining in the restaurant is a treat. Often, the restaurant is a hotel's Achilles heel, but our dinner was well prepared and very tasty. The wait staff is friendly and attentive without being obtrusive. Overall, I was very pleased ans look forward to returning.

Room Tip: West facing rooms are on the opposite side of the expressway and are quieter.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Maz I, General Manager at Chicago Marriott Schaumburg, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I have shared your wonderful comments with the team regarding service, cleanliness, and the restaurant. Our goal is to make ever guest experience an exceptional one. The most valuable asset with have are the associates, and it truly shows. We look forward to your next visit with us.
Tokyo, Japan
Reviewed January 21, 2013

Had a 24 hour layover in Chicago. Needed to change my room as my daughter was able to come spend the day/night with me. The front desk was very helpful changing the room and even gave me two complementary breakfast coupons. Confortable stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Maz I, General Manager at Chicago Marriott Schaumburg, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
I would like to thank you for all your wonderful comments regarding the hotel and staff. Our associates are the most valuable asset that we have, and it shows. From a service and cleanliness stand point we have some of the best. I am glad you to hear that you had your daughter come and visit it while in town. We look forward to your next visit when back in the area.
Reviewed January 20, 2013

We stayed at this Marriott on points on a Saturday for a basketball tournament. They put us in room 831 right next to the stairs and elevator. I have never stayed at a Marriott with such thin walls. Between the elevator on one side and being able to make out almost every word of the conversation of our neighbors on the other side it was very noisy. The beds were very uncomfortable and the pillows were flat and not up to typical Marriott standards.

Maybe this was a weekend room for the tournament goers but to put a Gold member in that room makes me want to work on my reward points at Hilton.

The lobby and the rest of the hotel were nice.

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank thegrays70
On behalf of the entire staff I would like to apologize to you in regards to your last stay with us. Our goal is to make every guest experience a wonderful one. Please feel free to contact me directly to get more information. I look forward to speaking with you in the very near future.
Dallas
Reviewed January 2, 2013

I have stayed here on and off for over a year while working in Chicago. Friendly staff both at front desk and the Executive lounge. Excellent business hotel - great options to eat close by many restaurants, whole foods- there is even a Lifetime Fitness within 5 minutes (the hotel gym is so so)

Room Tip: High floor - on executive floors
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
I very much appreciate you taking the time to comment on your recent stay. Your comments regarding the staff are very accurate as they are an amazing group of individuals. The hotel is centrally located for both the business and leisure traveler. We look forward to your next visit.