“Great business hotel”

Chicago Marriott Schaumburg
Ranked #19 of 29 Hotels in Schaumburg
Reviewed January 2, 2013

I have stayed here on and off for over a year while working in Chicago. Friendly staff both at front desk and the Executive lounge. Excellent business hotel - great options to eat close by many restaurants, whole foods- there is even a Lifetime Fitness within 5 minutes (the hotel gym is so so)

Room Tip: High floor - on executive floors
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
Maz I, General Manager at Chicago Marriott Schaumburg, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2013

I very much appreciate you taking the time to comment on your recent stay. Your comments regarding the staff are very accurate as they are an amazing group of individuals. The hotel is centrally located for both the business and leisure traveler. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed December 27, 2012

Since my last visit, they have refreshed the public spaces and conference facilities. It is a nice upgrade. Unfortunately, my room had not been refreshed. It is fine, but it is starting to show just a little wear, especially the carpets. Teresina in the Concierge Lounge is a jewel. It's sort of like having a surrogate Italian grandmother looking after you while you're traveling. The shuttle service to local sites is very helpful, but this time was not available as much as it has been in the past. It's a fine hotel for staying for business travel. I wish it were closer to public transportation.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing away from the freeway.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business

I have passed along your wonderful comment to Teresina. She really is like the Italian Grandmother who treats everyone like family. I appreciate you taking the time to make your comments on the renovations and service. The hotel is a great location for business and leisure travelers. We look forward to your next visit with us.

Reviewed November 26, 2012

I am a videographer and shot a wedding here on 11/24/12. The venue was nice and pristine. The staff was courteous and receptive to courtesy. The food and facilities were on point. The bride and groom were very happy.

Room Tip: Get a suite! I was in the bride's suite and it was nice and roomy.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

I wanted to thank you for your wonderful comments. I would agree with you that our hotel is a beautiful location for a wedding. The associates are the ones that deserve all the credit. They are the most valuable asset that we have in the hotel.

Reviewed November 25, 2012

The hotel shows its age in most part of the building. Just after few hours of spending in the hotel, I realized that the aging building is the best part of the hotel.
This is my first Marriott stay after getting a Platinum status in their Rewards program. The front desk person who checked gave me the keys with a wrong number written on it. There was no information about my internet connection. I had to call the front desk (the least I wanted to do after couple of interactions with them) and ask everything. It is 32F on mercury, but this hotel thinks that my sebaceous glands do not deserve an ordinary lotion. I went out and asked the housekeeping person to throw some lotion cans and came back to my room 3 hours later. If you thought that there were lotion supplies in the room, you just got fooled as much as I did.
I was told that there will be concierge lounge service for Platinum members at 5:30. I went 3 levels above after a long day and had the fabulous platinum service of being welcomed by a dark door that would never open. I called the front desk and was told to correct my semantics "The beverage service is not cancelled, it is just running late by more than an hour. you have to wait". I expressed my wish that I had known this before treading 3 levels above, she just gave a robotic, unapologetic and Cold reply.

After the Platinum service I got today, I really want to thank Marriott management for not giving me the Gold or Silver service of this hotel today. I am waiting to check out. There is a big world out there that hospitalizes you well.

Room Tip: The good room in the hotel is built outside the hotel. God bless!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

On behalf of the entire staff please except our sincerest apologies regarding your last stay with us. I know that you spoke with Migidi Tembo while you were still at the hotel and he resolved all your issues before leaving. I hope that you give us another opportunity when visiting the area.

Reviewed November 25, 2012

They have redone the lobby and restaurant areas of this hotel since our last stay and it looks great! Rooms are very well appointed and comfortable although a little smaller than other Marriott's we have stayed in. Staff is always accommodating and friendly - restaurant staff is very friendly, Shahd and Elida at front desk were very professional and welcoming. Pool and fitness areas are nice. Great location to shopping and restaurants!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

I would to thank you for your great comments regarding the hotel and our staff. Shahad and Elida are great associates you genuinely love what the do and it shows. I have shared your wonderful comments with the entire team. We look forward to your next visit with us.

Reviewed November 18, 2012

You may be tempted to write off this property as a faded rose, but you would be mistaken. Here are some of the unexpected benefits of this Marriott. Free Parking, Well equipped gym, nice pool area with showers, coin laundry and for platinum level guests, an excellent concierge lounge.

The last time I was in Schaumburg I stayed at the courtyard, but this time decided to stay at a full service Marriott. I normally do not do that as you often pay more and get less. Not so at this Marriott. The rate was the same as the courtyard and it definitely had more benefits. The gym was pretty good for a hotel gym saving me a $30 fee at the local Lifetime Fitness. Marriott's almost always charge for parking but not this property. The pool area is right next to the gym and it had a nice shower. I always hate going up the elevator in smelly workout clothes. At this property I was able to take a shower before retuning tot the room.

The biggest surprise was the well stocked and run Concierge Lounge. Usually these are not worth the time but at this hotel there is charming lady who runs the breakfast and she made my day every morning. In addition to the normal American breakfast fare, they included strawberries and the fruit offering. I really appreciated that. The coffee was excellent saving me a trip and the cost of Starbucks.

Assuming the rate is the same, I'll be returning to this Marriott the next time I am in Schaumburg.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Maz I, General Manager at Chicago Marriott Schaumburg, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2012

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for you wonderful comments and great scores regarding our hotel. I have shared your comments with the staff and in particular with the woman in the concierge lounge. She as well as the entire staff has a passion for what they do. They are truly our most valuable asset. We have made changes in the concierge lounge based on feedback we receive from our guest. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us. We look forward to your next visit to the area, and hope that you choose the Schaumburg Marriott.

Reviewed November 17, 2012

Spent 3 nights recently while on a business trip.

The room I had was in great shape. Nicely appointed and maintained. Everything in working order.

The room had a large flat screen TV, king bed, coffee maker, safe, ironing board and iron. There were a bunch of pillows on the bed, so I think everyone a should be able to find one comfortable for them. The bed was very soft too.

The only negative was the highway noise at night. Not too loud, but noticeable.

Breakfast was ok. They have an omelet station where you can have your eggs cooked to order.

I would recommend this hotel without hesitation.

1  Thank eldeesilver

I would like to thank you on behalf of the entire staff for your wonderful comments. Our goal is to make every guest experience a wonderful one. We look forward to your next visit to the area, and appreciate you choosing our hotel.