“Excellent hotel for a weekend getaway!”

Chicago Marriott Schaumburg
Ranked #20 of 29 Hotels in Schaumburg
moline
“Excellent hotel for a weekend getaway!”
Reviewed September 7, 2012

Have stayed here twice - clean, nice atmosphere, staff very pleasant. Shuttle service to the Metra to get downtown Chicago nice perk. A great place to stay for a weekend visit to Chi town. FYI - if you are looking for a quiet hotel this may not be the place or I should say the hotel was quiet but it is just off the interstate so if you want to sit outside and listen to the birds sing this may not be your first choice. But really who goes to Chicago to listen to the birds....that's why they have places like Michigan! Only one small negative....after our trip on the Metra to downtown Chicago to do some shopping the hotel was gracious enough to send a cab to pick us up (the shuttle service from the hotel stops at like 9:30 or 10). The gentleman was not very friendly and conveniently his meter was broke (we didn't have much choice but to get in it was around 11:00 at night out in the middle of nowhere at an unmanned train stop - there was 4 in our group) as we were heading back to the hotel my niece - her first girls weekend to Chicago - noticed that the speedometer didn't work and the check engine light was on in his car. Needless to say this made her very nervous. I guess I could have just said it would be nice if they had sent a more reputable cab service (we were responsible for paying for the cab and we knew this upfront - point is please use an alternative cab company for your guests they would be much more comfortable).

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank julie d
Maz I, General Manager at Chicago Marriott Schaumburg, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
I would to thank you for your great comments regarding the hotel and our staff. It is always nice to have a weekend getaway. We very much appreciate your feedback. Please let me know what the name of the cab company was so that I may address it with them so that this does not happen to anyone else. Please let us know when you come back to the area as we would love to have you stay with us once again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
Salem, Illinois
Reviewed September 2, 2012

Stayed at this hotel during a weekend getaway to Legoland. Unfortunately, there is no breakfast included and rooms do not have refrigerators or microwaves that you usually find at a Marriott. Overall, the room was clean and met our needs. Our request for adjoining rooms was granted. There was adequate floor space for my son to spread out his large Lego set. The hotel is located very close to Legoland and the Streets of Woodfield and the Woodfield shopping mall. Parking is free. The coffee and tea service set in the room was nice, but a refrigerator and microwave would have increased my star rating. The bed was very soft and comfortable. The pillows on the bed were too soft for my liking,but firmer ones were located in the closet.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank 425clarka
I would like to thank you for taking the time to give us feedback on the hotel. In regards to a refrigerator and microwave they are available upon request for your next visit. I am exited to her that your son was able to enjoy Legoland even after coming back to the hotel. We look forward to you next visit when you come back to the Schaumburg area.
Minneapolis,Mn
Reviewed September 2, 2012

My only complaint about this site is the traffic noise of the interstate, beside that I love this location, enough parking for large groups and I don't worry about the car, The location is inside of a business park, next to a high end neighborhood, I can walk on side walks and bike paths.There is a restaurant on site, plus it is just a short drive to the second largest mall in the US. There are lot of places to dine in the area, and places to go. The rooms are getting dated, There is not a large selection of channels on the TV,

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
I would like to thank you for your comments regarding the hotel. We will take your feedback and look at addressing your comments. We value your great comments and look forward to your next visit when in the Schaumburg area.
Ann Arbor, MI
Reviewed August 30, 2012

The downside... If you are sensitive to noise, request the "non-highway" side of the hotel. Other than that, the rooms are clean, nice and spacious, the beds are very comfortable and they have two pools. An indoor and outdoor. From my experience, the pools are much larger than your normal hotel. There is a lot of activity throughout the week with conferences, wedding, etc. Up-scale restaurant and bar. There is a large park (biking, running, fishing, etc) across the highway, but you have to drive to it. Convenient to all the Schaumburg stores and restaurants.

Room Tip: Highway side of hotel was too noisy for me.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
On behalf of the entire team here at the hotel we are exited to be your choice when in Schaumburg. Our staff is our most valuable asset, and takes pride in what they do on a daily basis. We look forward to your next visit to the area.
Nashville, TN
Reviewed August 27, 2012

Convenient to the L Train. Basic business hotel. You should try to get a room in the tower, and not the 1960's-looking motel section. Since they have been doing renovations, it has gotten better. Meeting spaces are nice.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
I would like to thank you for your comments regarding our hotels cleanliness and service. To show our commitment to improving the hotel you will see many projects that have taken place this year. Our goal is to provide a wonderful experience for all our guest. We look forward to your next visit to the area.
Iowa City, Iowa
Reviewed August 20, 2012

This hotel is located near shopping and restaurants located near the Woodfield Mall area. The hotel is clean and well presented in the lobby. It makes a very nice impression. The rooms are very nicely maintained. The room we had faced the interstate. We could see jets take off and land at O'Hare. My wife, daughter and I all enjoyed seeing the planes take off. Remarkably there is no interstate or jet noise heard in our room. In the far distance you can see the skyscrapers of downtown Chicago. All in all I think it was a very nice view.
Mini fridges are available on request. We requested a mini fridge for our room and staff brought one to our room within 15 minutes of our call.
The next time we travel to Schaumburg we would definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your wonderful comments. Our goal is to make every guest stay a wonderful experience. I have shared your comments with the staff regarding cleanliness and service. We have a great group of associates who deserve all the credit. We look forward to your next visit with us.
OC
Reviewed August 18, 2012

Stayed here for business and prefer the Marriott chain for its dependability. As stated in the title, the hotel itself is fine. The rooms are comfortable and clean and were well serviced. I found the parking to be very easy to deal with. Location is ideal and close to tons of restaurants and shopping.

My concerns are over the level of service staff provides. This place is defintely not up to Marriott standards. I asked to have my room changed as soon as I went up to my room due to the loud air conditioning units in the back of the building, was told by the "At Your Service" staff I'd receive a call back, but after 35 minutes....nothing. I went downstairs, was assured my new room would face the highway, but the room still had the noisy A/C units below. Obviously, the front desk staff person did not listen. I changed my room after I got back and the third time was a charm with a lovely room that looked over the pool area. Very nice.

Another day, I asked the Sales Manager who was standing in the lobby a recommendation for a moderate steak place for a group dinner. Explained that we had to keep within the company budget so she recommends a place where the average steak is $40 and up. Are you kidding? That's not moderate. She then said, "There's no Outback around here" and acted as if she were dismissing me. And she's the Sales Manager? Horrible treatment of a guest.

My last complaint had to do with coming up to my room and the door was not locked shut. I was on the phone with my husband and he told me to call security, but I entered the room, checked it out, and all was fine. I went downstairs to advise the front desk that Housekeeping most likely did not close the door properly, she acted as if she could care less. Didn't even ask for my room number. I guess they wait until something bad happens before they care.

I do want to give kudos to the gentleman who worked the Starbucks and bar in the afternoon. Very friendly, great service, and really connected with guests.

No, I did not complain to management about my stay. Why should I? This is the culture at this hotel. I complain with my wallet and simply go somewhere else.

I have stayed at the Renaissance in Schaumburg as well and had a much more pleasant experience there. When I return to Schaumburg, I'd stay at the Renaissance over this property any day.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank MyrtleMay
On behalf of the entire staff I would like to apologize for you the challenges you encountered. Our goal is to provide a wonderful experience for all our guest. I have taken your feedback and spoken to the individuals that you spoke to ensure that we resolve these for our future guest’s. We very much appreciate your comments regarding our guest rooms and housekeeping staff. I hope that you give us another opportunity the next time you visit the area.