“It's OK”

Ranked #20 of 29 Hotels in Schaumburg
Nashville, TN
“It's OK”
Reviewed August 27, 2012

Convenient to the L Train. Basic business hotel. You should try to get a room in the tower, and not the 1960's-looking motel section. Since they have been doing renovations, it has gotten better. Meeting spaces are nice.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Maz I, General Manager at Chicago Marriott Schaumburg, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
I would like to thank you for your comments regarding our hotels cleanliness and service. To show our commitment to improving the hotel you will see many projects that have taken place this year. Our goal is to provide a wonderful experience for all our guest. We look forward to your next visit to the area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
Iowa City, Iowa
Reviewed August 20, 2012

This hotel is located near shopping and restaurants located near the Woodfield Mall area. The hotel is clean and well presented in the lobby. It makes a very nice impression. The rooms are very nicely maintained. The room we had faced the interstate. We could see jets take off and land at O'Hare. My wife, daughter and I all enjoyed seeing the planes take off. Remarkably there is no interstate or jet noise heard in our room. In the far distance you can see the skyscrapers of downtown Chicago. All in all I think it was a very nice view.
Mini fridges are available on request. We requested a mini fridge for our room and staff brought one to our room within 15 minutes of our call.
The next time we travel to Schaumburg we would definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your wonderful comments. Our goal is to make every guest stay a wonderful experience. I have shared your comments with the staff regarding cleanliness and service. We have a great group of associates who deserve all the credit. We look forward to your next visit with us.
OC
Reviewed August 18, 2012

Stayed here for business and prefer the Marriott chain for its dependability. As stated in the title, the hotel itself is fine. The rooms are comfortable and clean and were well serviced. I found the parking to be very easy to deal with. Location is ideal and close to tons of restaurants and shopping.

My concerns are over the level of service staff provides. This place is defintely not up to Marriott standards. I asked to have my room changed as soon as I went up to my room due to the loud air conditioning units in the back of the building, was told by the "At Your Service" staff I'd receive a call back, but after 35 minutes....nothing. I went downstairs, was assured my new room would face the highway, but the room still had the noisy A/C units below. Obviously, the front desk staff person did not listen. I changed my room after I got back and the third time was a charm with a lovely room that looked over the pool area. Very nice.

Another day, I asked the Sales Manager who was standing in the lobby a recommendation for a moderate steak place for a group dinner. Explained that we had to keep within the company budget so she recommends a place where the average steak is $40 and up. Are you kidding? That's not moderate. She then said, "There's no Outback around here" and acted as if she were dismissing me. And she's the Sales Manager? Horrible treatment of a guest.

My last complaint had to do with coming up to my room and the door was not locked shut. I was on the phone with my husband and he told me to call security, but I entered the room, checked it out, and all was fine. I went downstairs to advise the front desk that Housekeeping most likely did not close the door properly, she acted as if she could care less. Didn't even ask for my room number. I guess they wait until something bad happens before they care.

I do want to give kudos to the gentleman who worked the Starbucks and bar in the afternoon. Very friendly, great service, and really connected with guests.

No, I did not complain to management about my stay. Why should I? This is the culture at this hotel. I complain with my wallet and simply go somewhere else.

I have stayed at the Renaissance in Schaumburg as well and had a much more pleasant experience there. When I return to Schaumburg, I'd stay at the Renaissance over this property any day.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank MyrtleMay
On behalf of the entire staff I would like to apologize for you the challenges you encountered. Our goal is to provide a wonderful experience for all our guest. I have taken your feedback and spoken to the individuals that you spoke to ensure that we resolve these for our future guest’s. We very much appreciate your comments regarding our guest rooms and housekeeping staff. I hope that you give us another opportunity the next time you visit the area.
tobeor82b
Reviewed August 5, 2012

Had the opportunity to stay at the Marriott Schaumburg and it was a very nice experience. Clean rooms and friendly staff. They have a great breakfast with staff that did an excellent job of being professional yet friendly. Very nice touch.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Maz I, General Manager at Chicago Marriott Schaumburg, responded to this review, August 16, 2012
On behalf of the entire staff I would like to thank you for your wonderful comments. Our goal is to make every guest experience a great one. Your comments regarding cleanliness and service have been shared with the team. Our associates are our most valuable asset, they take pride in there work and are very genuine in everything that they do. We look forward to your next visit while in the area.
chicago
Reviewed July 20, 2012

very noisy and a very small room. the AC didn't work well. when I told the front desk about the AC she stared blankly at me. I feel sorry for the next person who gets that room.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
I would like to take this opportunity to apologize for the experience you had during your recent stay. Our goal is to make ever guest experience a great one. It seems that we did not accomplish this during your visit. I have spoken to the team and addressed your concerns. I hope that you give us another opportunity to accommodate you during your next visit to the area. Please fell free to contact me directly
Troy, Michigan, United States
Reviewed July 16, 2012

We had a very nice time this past weekend at this hotel. Location is perfect as we have ton of family in this area, as well as friends that we visit often.
From helping staff, to clean rooms, and from excellent bar to pretty good breakfast, everything was right on the money.
The only negative was, they gave our room to another visitor too, and they walked in our room as we were just settling in. But they corrected the problem without any hassle, and offered hearty apology.
I will come back here again for sure.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Maz I, General Manager at Chicago Marriott Schaumburg, responded to this review, July 23, 2012
I would like to take this time to thank you for your wonderful comments on our hotel. From the cleanliness to the bar we always look forward to a great guest experience. On your comment about the hotel staff, the staff is the heart and soul of any hotel and our staff a truly the most valuable asset that we have. They are the ones that always deserve so much credit. We look forward to your next visit to the area when you are visiting friends and family.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed July 3, 2012

I took my wife here for a weekend in Schaumburg, the staff was extremely rude and the service was terrible.

I would not recomend this hotel to anyone

There are so many hotels in Schaumburg, pass this one by

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank IrishTravler2010
I would like to apologize for your experience during your recent stay. Please feel free to contact me directly so that I may discuss your recent stay in more detail. Our goal is always to make our guest stay a special one. I look forward to speaking with you.