“Great brews, food near Woodfield Mall, west Chicago suburbs”

Granite City Food and Brewery
Reserve a Table
Tue, 9/17
8:00 PM
OR
Ranked #22 of 406 Restaurants in Schaumburg
Cuisines: American
Reviewed August 10, 2019

This place get hopping during dinner. Great microbrews, craft cocktails, and food for the entire family. Reservations are a good idea as this place can get packed. Near I-90 and Woodfield Mall. Diverse menu with many choices.

Date of visit: August 2019
Write a reviewReviews (193)

Reviewed July 13, 2019

We had the ponzu lettuce wraps, mama Mia meatballs and Cesar salad. Very enjoyable and alway good time.

Reviewed July 11, 2019

We stopped in for a late lunch on a Friday afternoon. There is plenty of parking surrounding the restaurant. There an outdoor seating area when the weather is mild, but on this day it was 90+ and A/C was in order. We grabbed some seats at the bar were presented menus in short order. From there service slowed to a crawl. One bartender was handling the entire horseshoe shaped bar, filling orders from the dining room, tending to a couple of high top tables and attempting to take care of the 10 or so patrons around the bar. I never saw a floor manager, who if experienced, would have stepped in and reallocated staff to fit the problem. We eventually got drinks and placed an order for one of the terrific flatbreads, the maple bacon pepper. Wow it was crisp, tasty and the bacon was delicious. The brews are safe, but not the daring type one would hope to experience at a "true" craft beer spot. I had two selections, one to match the summer heat, the Hefeweizen. A little short on the banana and spice, but drinkable. The other was the "Broad Axe" oatmeal stout which was creamy and rich. Toffee and touch of coffee and all in a creamy texture.

Reviewed July 8, 2019 via mobile

Great food. Bad service. So apparently Monday nights are trivia nights I was surprised that I got a phone call about my reservation asking if I was there for dinner or for trivia. I thought that was very nice of them to call to verify. My reservation was for 6 PM, I arrived and I was seated right away then my waitress went missing and it’s 636pm.
I flagged down another waiter. I wish I would’ve gotten the new waiter‘s name, because this is where the stellar service comes in to play we asked if they could find our waitress we’re ready to order. This individual said no need to let me go ahead and get your order in for you.
This was great service.
Our waitress returned halfway through a meal to see if everything was OK and it was. I really wish I had gotten the name of that other individual to provide recognition.

Reviewed July 6, 2019

This place has a great vibe! They accommodated our very large party keeping the boys at one long table and us parents at another. Food and drink were excellent. I had the flite of 4 beers, 2 blueberrian and 2 citrus types. Started with the Caesar and had excellent fish n chips, generous portions (makes mY mouth water just thinking about it now?). No room for dessert. My compadres all liked their meals also but the flight of beer was definitely a good intro (and I don't really like beer!)
Our server Crystal was outstanding! Gave us a lot of info on Pride Day Parade. And was quite pleasant in her service!
Highly recommend with a group! This place was hopping!!