“Great Comedy Club in the Suburbs.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Chicago Improv

Chicago Improv
Chicago, Illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Comedy Club in the Suburbs.”
Reviewed March 2, 2009

My girlfriend and I attended a show in September for my birthday. We went to see Pablo Francisco, who has always been a favorite comedian of mine. The setup and layout of the club is very nice and spacious. There are a lot of tables but you do not feel cramped. I've been to Zanies in downtown Chicago and it is almost unbearable how close quarted and cramped it is. We only at an appetizer but it was pretty good. Drinks are decently priced and our server was around often enough that our drinks were never empty before we had a new one. The night goes by quickly but it was, by far, the best experience I've had in a comedy club.

The con I could come up with is that there were large groups in the table around us that were talking throughout the show. This sort of thing seems like a no-brainer but it was become pretty annoying and distracting. I was waiting for one of the staff to enforce their policy about no talking during the show but they never did.

I signed up for the mailing list for this club because I cannot wait to go back and see another show.

1 Thank kpkethc

Indiana
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 80 helpful votes
“Great Night Out!”
Reviewed October 21, 2007

The Chicago Improv is a great place for a night out! It is actually located in the suburb of Schaumburg (attached to the Woodfield Mall). My friends and I attended a show to celebrate my birthday. If you attend the early show (7:00pm), you have the option of also dining at the club. This is a great deal. Diners get priority seating 90 minutes before the show. The menu is not extensive, but the food was good and the prices reasonable. Offerings include pasta, prime rib, burgers, and appetizer items (nachos, buffalo wings, etc) and entree prices run around $12-$15. Everything was perfectly timed so that we were done eating and our dishes cleared from our table about 20 minutes before the show started. The comedy part of the show lasts for just under two hours. On the night we attended, they had a hilarious opening comic and headlining comic (John Heffron, a former winner of Last Comic Standing on NBC). Everything is run very smoothly and it was an enjoyable night all around. I recommend this place to anyone looking for a fun evening out.

4 Thank LHWIndiana