“Good time”

21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 56 helpful votes
“Good time”
Reviewed September 22, 2013

Okay, I went here on Saturday night to see Jim Breuer do stand up. First of all, he is one of the funniest people in the world. Period. NOW....that is why I rated the Improv a 4 and not a 3. The Improv is located in the Woodfield Mall, parking is a challenge, but it is free and if you are patient, you will get a good spot :) We opted to go to the 7pm show on Saturday, judging from the EXTREMELY long line we witnessed coming out of our show....the people for the late show had a heck of a wait....yikes. We showed up at 5pm, because the website states that seating starts 2 hours before the show.....what they fail to say is that seating 2 hours before the show are for people that want to order a meal from the dinner menu.....and from what I had read and heard, the food was sub par and microwaved....so we were not interested in paying for food that wasn't worth the money it was costing. We show up at the window, find out that seating is only open to people that are going to EAT. So we went walking around the mall for a bit, come back an hour later, an hour before the show and we were turned away once again. SO, this time we ask, when in the heck are we supposed to come then?!?! CONFUSION! We were lead down to the basement and told we could wait in the bar, okay, we grab a drink (by the way, the drink you by before the show does NOT count for the 2 item minimum for the club) Once again, confusion, we walked down to the area where the action is and we were told "weren't you told that you need to wait in the general admission area?" UM....NO! No one mentioned that....not once. Embarrassing.....we finally figured it out and stood in the roped off line only after we saw other people find out the routine. Ugh. The need some freakin written rules or etiquette or something that tells people what to do, the people that work there seemed clueless. The show was great, out waitress was great, the seating was fine, it was rather warm in there, wear something that you can layer and disrobe, we were sweating. The drinks are steep, 10 bucks for a mixed drink and they were average at best. The soda was 3.50, bottled beer was 4 to 5 bucks a bottle. I would come back, but only for the early show, the line at the late show was insane.

Visited September 2013

Westville, Indiana, United States
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Chicago Improv is the best”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

Have been there 4 times, going again next weekend. Been beyond pleased every time I have gone. Other comedy venues I have been too have been so crowded, sitting in uncomfortable baseball game seats being elbow to elbow with the person next to you. I love at the Chicago Improv you sit at a nice comfortable table. Food is amazing, best chicken marsala I have ever had. Staff have always been friendly and helpful. My husband and I are always excited to go to the Chicago Improv.

Visited May 2013
Freeport, Illinois
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 60 helpful votes
“Live Comedy is Best!”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Seeing comedy up close and personal is always best...the nuances of the show get lost through TV. The Improv gives a small enough venue to interact with the performer (that's what "improv" is all about).
We saw Bryan Callen; he's been in movies and TV and the like, so it was a great show. Had three lead-ups that were ok, but they got us to laugh a couple of times.

We did not have dinner there, but the food that passed by us looked great. The drinks were acceptable...because you had to get something.

If you like comedy, this is a great place to see a show...up close and personal.

Visited July 2013
Berkeley, Illinois
“Very good show”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

It was a very good atmosphere and alot of fun. We had dessert and the server was very nice. The comedian was Rocky LaPorte and he was funny. I enjoyed the whole experience and the place was very nice. I would go back again in the near future. We celebrated my husband's birthday and we had a wonderful time.

Visited July 2013
Chicago, Illinois
42 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“Comedy in the mall?”
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Not where I expected a comedy club to be, but it works. We got the dinner package and were seated in time to order drinks and have dinner before the show started. Good site lines for the show and dinner was very good. Service was very slow though! This would be a great night out with friends.

Visited October 2012