“Yuck ”

Sam & Harry's Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
Sam & Harry's Steak House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #28 of 343 Restaurants in Schaumburg
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Meacham Road
Description: Sam and Harry's is a progressive steak house offering wet aged prime beef in an elegant yet comfortable setting. In addition to prime beef Sam and Harry's has a delightful fresh seafood menu which changes daily. Only seafood that is day boat sourced and flown in daily is offered. Sam and Harry's also boasts more than 300 wines spanning 9 countries around the world.
Reviewed December 7, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I came here for our anniversary. We decided not to venture out of the hotel in the 5 degree weather. We had been here for breakfast the previous year and it was nice.
This time, we came for dinner. I didn't find anything on the menu I wanted so we ordered crab cakes, lobster bisque, a side of mashed potatoes, Brussels sprouts, and mushrooms.
The lobster bisque was not tender or creamy. Just gross, and I like lobster bisque.
The mushrooms were like rubber and the mashed potatoes tasted like my new puppy's poop smells. ( I know, graphic, sorry- but it is what it is.).
Delicious Brussels sprouts though.
Will not be back.

Reviewed November 23, 2013

We enjoyed the restaurant. The steaks were prepared perfectly and served simply. The salad was excellent. The only issue we had is that they don't serve baked potatoes. The prices were moderate to high.

Reviewed October 31, 2013 via mobile

I eat at this restaurant once a year because it's located in the hotel where my conference takes place. Every year it seems like the quality continues to go down. I was definitely disappointed with this year's dinner. A very lackluster salad followed by a mediocre New York Steak and somewhat poor service. Our server tried really hard but it didn't help. I think there are enough patrons that visit here that they don't have to worry about serving a great meal every single time. The steaks are about $40 each and $10 for a salad $12 for a drink, so for $52 plus gratuity it should be above average. The steak came out lukewarm and a little undercooked but I would prefer to have it under then over. Like a said nothing to write home about, but definitely disappointing when you pay that money for it.

Reviewed October 4, 2013

On a par with a Morton's or similar, certainly above average for a hotel. Everyone in our party was pleased with their selections. The wine list was extensive, the desert offerings were limited but excellent. The filet I had was certainly very good, although not spectacular. Seems to be a safe choice for a special date or business dinner.

Reviewed September 29, 2013

We were a big group of people,so, instead of driving out to a nearby restaurant we decided to eat at the hotel. The food and service were as good as expected.