“Unexpected delight!”

Weber Grill Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Weber Grill Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 350 Restaurants in Schaumburg
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: American Lane
Reviewed February 28, 2014

At first glance, the immediate assumption is that this restaurant is a "chain" business that sells burgers and family meals. Once inside, the decor, employees and menu suggest otherwise. The decor is upscale, the employees and courteous and professional and the menu is on the upper middle scale. The food was prepared correctly, it was flavorful and well portioned.

Reviewed February 17, 2014

This is a unique restaurant with most of the dishes cooked or finished on kettle grills. I have had lunch and dinner here several times and have found it very good. At business lunches we generally have the burger which is always cooked as ordered. The last time I was there was for dinner with my family. My son had the combination ribs and barbeque which he thought was quite good. My wife and I had the meatloaf which is excellent. They have good sides liked baked beans. They serve pretzel rolls which come warm. Good bar with a decent wine list and a number of draft beers. For the most part the service has been adequate to good.

Reviewed February 10, 2014

We sat at a booth in the lounge and had an amazing bartender serve us. He was the most friendly server I have seen in years. The BBQ was delicious and the kids meal is HUGE! Great meal!!!

Reviewed February 6, 2014

To be open and fair....I had luch here several years ago with a friend and I found the service to be good and the food excellent. This is not a review of that visit but that visit did influence my choice to dine here again...So...

I decided to take a group of friends out to eat here as sort of a reunion. I've lived overseas now for 10 years and life just doesn't allow us to see each other too often. This group even included a friend I hadn't seen in 15 years and found through research on the internet giving us a total of 8 . I myself wanted this to be my treat. A homecoming of sorts. Local boy done good and so on. I had $500 in cash and several credit cards ready to go for night of whatever our hearts desired.

First the good:

All the problems you will read about were discussed with management, on the spot, and resolved to my satifaction. Resolved does not mean that the problems didn't exsist, just that I got an apology and a promise that there will be improvement should I decide to dine there again in the future. The manager was sympathetic and not overly arguementative (I did have to push a bit on one of my points concerning the proper portions of a half bottle of wine). I fully believe that she wanted to have things go properly.

They got us in on a Friday without a reservation within 60 minutes (45 if I remember correctly). No problem. We had a couple drinks in the bar and chatted awhile.

The food is good. No doubt about it. Not a single complaint here.

Now the Bad...

The 8 of us were sat at a table set for 7. Not the end of the world but perhaps a bad omen for things to come

Salads served without offering fresh ground Pepper (standard even for Friday's and Applebee's).

When I asked the waitress if there were any other foreign wines than the 3 on the menu, she hastily pointed to the 3 in the menu and walked off again.

Wine served without offering the client a chance to taste and approve. Again, standard in most any restaurant above TGI Friday's quality.

Refills on softdrinks are free. The problem was getting a refill on the soft drinks at all.

A standard bottle of wine comes in a bottle containing .750l. A standard half a bottle of wine comes with .375l. One normally pays a higher price per volume for the smaller portion. This is acceptable. What is not acceptable is paying a higher price for a half a bottle of wine and then finding out that a half a bottle of wine is acually .275l as defined by "The Weber Grill". There is no mention of this whatsoever in the menu and if I hadn't been paying attention, it would have gone by unnoticed.

Dinner served without the stated accompaniments. The menu bragged about the house steak sauce and when the meal arrives nothing on the plate. I ask the waitress why and get..."oh. most people don't eat it so we leave it off the plate. Do you want some?". WHAT? Let's get it straight. Anyone with a bit of knowledge can grill a quality steak, what's important is how you season it and the sauces you serve it with.

The waitress shouted over the whole table. I know you're busy but come on, take your time and explain the menu in a manner that can be understood. If this means explaining it 2-3 times at different sections of the table then bite it and do the job properly.

The waitress actually talked over us. One of us would be speaking and next thing you know the waitress has the floor. How about waiting a moment until someone is done with their sentence and then speaking to the person (or table as it was).

Conclusion: Will I give the Weber Grill another chance....Yes. As stated, the manager did satify my concerns, the food is excellent, and I have had good service there previously. I most likely will choose a different restaurant for larger reunions but Weber will see me again in a few years for lunch and one last chance at redemption.

Reviewed January 28, 2014 via mobile

This restaurant has a great variety of GF food. They are careful - manager delivers the GF food. We arranged a last minute team party for 32 people. They were easy to make arrangements with and they provided top notch service - esp to the people that needed GF food!