“Good for Convention”

Renaissance Schaumburg Convention Center Hotel
Ranked #4 of 29 Hotels in Schaumburg
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed August 24, 2010

This hotel was the site of Stitches, a knitting convention held annually in the Chicago area. This hotel is great because the attached convention center has so many meeting rooms and a big hall where vendors set up. The hotel lobby is beautiful with lots of little gathering areas for relaxing conversations. There is a shop with coffee, baked goods, candy bars, and gift items. The bar is nicely decorated and has plenty of seating at the bar and at tables. The food is good and ranges from salads to pasta. I didn't eat at Sam & Harry's, the more formal and full menu dining room.

The rooms were pleasant and relaxing. The bed was very comfy with soft sheets and lots of pillows. There were a couple maintenance items that needed to be fixed but I'm sure the rooms get plenty of use. There was some noise off the atrium but not enough to complain about.

Staff was friendly and professional. I'd recommend this hotel to anyone. And it's close to shopping (Woodfield Mall, Ikea) and other dining opportunities. Parking always seems far away because of the large circular entrance drive but they do offer valet parking if you want.

Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Renaissance Schaumburg Convention Center Hotel

Reviewed August 21, 2010

After a bad experince at another local hotel I decided to treat myself to the Renaissance Schaumburg. I am often in the Schaumburg area on business and always notice how big and beauiful this hotel is so I decided to check it out. At almost $200 a night I had high expectations and I was not let down. This is one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in. The rooms still smell brand new and every aspect of the room is beauitful and modern. The bathrooms are bigger than your average hotel and have a small television built into the mirror above the sink so I was able to watch the news while shaving. The beds were so comfortable I had a hard time getting up in the morning. The only downside is that they do charge for internet access and breakfast. I wish I could afford to stay here everytime I visit the Chicago area.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank forlovofcsh
Reviewed July 7, 2010

This year was our second time staying here for our anniversary. The rooms are very comfortable and clean. The decor is a little unique and fun. Both times we stayed had groups; this year was a volleyball tournament. If the players were rowdy at all, we certainly didn't hear it in our room. The lobby is huge with interesting artwork and comfy alcoves or groups of chairs to sit.The staff was mostly nice and helpful. We didn't need them for much, but any dealings we had were quick and courteous. The pool is nice, a comfortable temperature and quite large for swimming laps. Yes, there is a TV in the bathroom mirror - a little odd, but in the morning shower I listened for the weather. Overall, we felt it was a nice relaxing and romantic getaway for us. I hope we can repeat this, if not every year, then at least often.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 23, 2010

We were directed to this hotel by Renaissance -O'Hara Chicago.It is nearly half an hour drive from downtown. The Hotel has beautiful surrounding and when you wake-up in morning you will view hills covered with lush green grass,small ponds and fountains. A much desirable for one who is on Holidays.
Rooms are spacious with comfortable sleeping beds. Room service is excellent. Lounge is well decorated and could accommodate large number of guests. it has all the essential amenities like swimming pool, free parking, currency exchange etc. We have not tested food but on inquiry from other guests food is very good.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed March 13, 2010

LOCATION
I recently stayed here for a conference. The hotel has a large foyer and several staff manning the reception area on the 1st floor. There are escalators located at the front of the hotel otherwise you can also take an elevator to the 1st floor.

Walking distance from the hotel, I could not see much outside, however, it was the middle of the winter, and strolling out in the cold was not in my comforts of -10 degrees weather!

I was advised though to visit Woodfield Mall, which is within close proximity. The hotel provides a complimentary shuttle bus to and from this mall (only 5mins or so drive), and this can easily be done even if you have a short amount of spare time.

HOTEL / SERVICE
This hotel is well managed. The staff was friendly, courteous, and prompt. All meals were included in our conference package, and we had a great variety to select from.

ACCOMMODATION
My room was a Standard Guest Room. It was spacious. Room temperature was easily controlled and centralised within the room wall unit, and an ironing board was provided in the main cupboard. The room also offered wireless Internet service, so it was easy to work with my laptop whilst in my room (access to the internet was part of our conference package, but otherwise, I believe it generally does cost).

The bed itself was fantastic – after long days at the conference, it was great to come back to a room with a soft and comfortable bed that you could easily fall asleep in! The bathrooms were of standard size. All amenities were provided. There was also a TV screen built in to the mirror in the bathroom, which I found a little odd.

OVERALL THOUGHTS
As the purpose of my trip was attending a conference here, the facilities were of superb standard. I could not fault this hotel and I was very happy with the overall service that it provided.

TIP - If you have the chance to visit Woodfield Mall and you only have a short amount of time, when you get dropped off, there is a group of maps on the entry of the mall. It would be ideal if you picked one up and marked out where you intend to visit. Otherwise, you will end up stopping at nearly every store and run out of time! The shuttle bus only drops off and picks up at the same spot, so you can’t miss the maps on entry. Also, visit the Cheesecake Factory here if you have a sweet tooth!

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed February 17, 2010

I stayed at the hotel with my daughter for a dance competition and everything was wonderful. However, on our last day of stay, the cleaning woman knocked on my door to try and clean the room. I explained that I was checking out that day but would wait to check out until noon. Meanwhile, I was making multiple trips to the car to pack up our stuff. When I returned from one of the trips, the room had been cleaned with new sheets and clean towels and bathroom. I thought, "What a waste, since the room will have to be cleaned again, after we check out, since I intended to use the bathroom and rest a bit on the bed before we left. When I had most of our items cleaned out but still not officially checked out, I left some drinks in the fridge to have with our lunch. When I returned again to the room to retrieve the drinks before finally checking out, I discovered they were gone. I caught up with the maid in the next room, confronted her about stealing our drinks when we had not yet checked out, and discovered her drinking my Coke!! I complained at the front desk when checking out. They apologized but did not even offer to replace my drinks. This was a first for me in all my travels.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed January 23, 2010

I stayed here 18 - 21 Jan 2010 for a conference.
The room I was allocated was on the 6th floor. It had 2 beds - by American standards I guess they would refer to these are single beds, in Europe, these would be 2 double beds.
The beds were comfortable. 4 pillows - 2 large, 2 medium and all 4 were very comfortable.
I had tea/coffee facilities and an ice bucket - I read in the reviews that someone did not have this.
A full size ironing board and iron. Ample storage.
Good desk facilities, with a pull out table.
Bathroom was ok. The bathroom mirror has an integrated television which I thought was cool.

I cannot comment on the restaurant and room service since these were provided as part of the conference.
The food that I did eat at the hotel was fine - no complaints.

Check in was swift. I had my room key within 3 minutes of arriving.

The hotel provides a complimentary shuttle service to Woodfield Mall and there is not set time, you just show up. They will also collect you when you're done.

All hotel staff that I came into contact with were polite and helpful.

I recommend the hotel.