“A memorable Stay”

Renaissance Schaumburg Convention Center Hotel
Ranked #5 of 29 Hotels in Schaumburg
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed June 23, 2010

We were directed to this hotel by Renaissance -O'Hara Chicago.It is nearly half an hour drive from downtown. The Hotel has beautiful surrounding and when you wake-up in morning you will view hills covered with lush green grass,small ponds and fountains. A much desirable for one who is on Holidays.
Rooms are spacious with comfortable sleeping beds. Room service is excellent. Lounge is well decorated and could accommodate large number of guests. it has all the essential amenities like swimming pool, free parking, currency exchange etc. We have not tested food but on inquiry from other guests food is very good.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family

Reviewed March 13, 2010

LOCATION
I recently stayed here for a conference. The hotel has a large foyer and several staff manning the reception area on the 1st floor. There are escalators located at the front of the hotel otherwise you can also take an elevator to the 1st floor.

Walking distance from the hotel, I could not see much outside, however, it was the middle of the winter, and strolling out in the cold was not in my comforts of -10 degrees weather!

I was advised though to visit Woodfield Mall, which is within close proximity. The hotel provides a complimentary shuttle bus to and from this mall (only 5mins or so drive), and this can easily be done even if you have a short amount of spare time.

HOTEL / SERVICE
This hotel is well managed. The staff was friendly, courteous, and prompt. All meals were included in our conference package, and we had a great variety to select from.

ACCOMMODATION
My room was a Standard Guest Room. It was spacious. Room temperature was easily controlled and centralised within the room wall unit, and an ironing board was provided in the main cupboard. The room also offered wireless Internet service, so it was easy to work with my laptop whilst in my room (access to the internet was part of our conference package, but otherwise, I believe it generally does cost).

The bed itself was fantastic – after long days at the conference, it was great to come back to a room with a soft and comfortable bed that you could easily fall asleep in! The bathrooms were of standard size. All amenities were provided. There was also a TV screen built in to the mirror in the bathroom, which I found a little odd.

OVERALL THOUGHTS
As the purpose of my trip was attending a conference here, the facilities were of superb standard. I could not fault this hotel and I was very happy with the overall service that it provided.

TIP - If you have the chance to visit Woodfield Mall and you only have a short amount of time, when you get dropped off, there is a group of maps on the entry of the mall. It would be ideal if you picked one up and marked out where you intend to visit. Otherwise, you will end up stopping at nearly every store and run out of time! The shuttle bus only drops off and picks up at the same spot, so you can’t miss the maps on entry. Also, visit the Cheesecake Factory here if you have a sweet tooth!

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed February 17, 2010

I stayed at the hotel with my daughter for a dance competition and everything was wonderful. However, on our last day of stay, the cleaning woman knocked on my door to try and clean the room. I explained that I was checking out that day but would wait to check out until noon. Meanwhile, I was making multiple trips to the car to pack up our stuff. When I returned from one of the trips, the room had been cleaned with new sheets and clean towels and bathroom. I thought, "What a waste, since the room will have to be cleaned again, after we check out, since I intended to use the bathroom and rest a bit on the bed before we left. When I had most of our items cleaned out but still not officially checked out, I left some drinks in the fridge to have with our lunch. When I returned again to the room to retrieve the drinks before finally checking out, I discovered they were gone. I caught up with the maid in the next room, confronted her about stealing our drinks when we had not yet checked out, and discovered her drinking my Coke!! I complained at the front desk when checking out. They apologized but did not even offer to replace my drinks. This was a first for me in all my travels.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed January 23, 2010

I stayed here 18 - 21 Jan 2010 for a conference.
The room I was allocated was on the 6th floor. It had 2 beds - by American standards I guess they would refer to these are single beds, in Europe, these would be 2 double beds.
The beds were comfortable. 4 pillows - 2 large, 2 medium and all 4 were very comfortable.
I had tea/coffee facilities and an ice bucket - I read in the reviews that someone did not have this.
A full size ironing board and iron. Ample storage.
Good desk facilities, with a pull out table.
Bathroom was ok. The bathroom mirror has an integrated television which I thought was cool.

I cannot comment on the restaurant and room service since these were provided as part of the conference.
The food that I did eat at the hotel was fine - no complaints.

Check in was swift. I had my room key within 3 minutes of arriving.

The hotel provides a complimentary shuttle service to Woodfield Mall and there is not set time, you just show up. They will also collect you when you're done.

All hotel staff that I came into contact with were polite and helpful.

I recommend the hotel.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank ItalGrecoLon
Reviewed January 6, 2010

A friend reserved a block of rooms for December 25,26 for a group of our friends for a Winter get-a-way, so we got a really good rate (we had 20 rooms and total there were about 50 of us). The rooms were beautiful, updated, clean and fresh. Plasma Tv in bedroom and also a tv in the bathroom built into the mirror that would come on automatically whenever you turned the light switch on in the bathoom The TV in the bathroom got more channels than the TV in the bedroom. Go figure! I found myself sitting on the toilet just to watch the tv in the bathroom with more channels. Management should correct that. Also, the bed was hard as nails and that is the only reason I gave 4 starts for the rooms instead of 5. My back ached the next day and I could not get a comfortable nights sleep. Ate dinner in the little sports bar in the lobby. Food was okay, mostly sandwiches and appetizers. Did not eat in the more expensive steak house so can't comment on that. All in all it was a good stay because we were there with a group of our friends. The hotel is also a convention center., connected by a indoor walk-way. The convention center is huge with many meeting rooms and banquet rooms. Lovely hotel. Staff was friendly

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LynnThomas
Reviewed November 27, 2009

I booked this hotel so my husband and I could relax after a hectic week. We were in a room with no pillow cases on the bed and no ice bucket in the room. When I called the front desk, the clerk kept insisting that there was one in the room and asking me to check in different locations for it. Finally after 10 minutes of playing find the ice bucket one was sent up. I went down to use the pool at 10:00 p.m. before it closed at 11:00, only to find it was closed an hour early.

There was a $15.00 charge for internet use which my husband had to go downstairs to pay, even though I had given my credit card at check in. The desk clerk said it was because the reservation was booked through Expedia??????

Finally on our last morning at 8:20 housekeeping was knocking at the door to make up the room. We weren't even up yet.

If relaxation is your goal...Go somewhere else.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank tasha027
Reviewed November 15, 2009

Got to my room and wanted to eat, but neither of the restaurants appeared to invite casual dining. Since I had to travel in on a Sunday night, I wanted to watch football and be comfortable, so I ordered room service. Ordered a simple hamburger, was told 25 minutes. 50 minutes later, called to check on status and was told "we're sorry, but there was a delay in food preparation, it should be ready in 15 minutes." Now, 20 minutes later, still waiting.

About to head out to McDonald's...

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business