“Good Convention/Meeting Hotel”

Renaissance Schaumburg Convention Center Hotel
Ranked #5 of 29 Hotels in Schaumburg
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed September 30, 2012

The Renaissance is a very nice hotel when it comes to meetings and conventions. The meeting halls are conveniently located on the lower level and overall, everything is easy to get to and find. The ambiance is very modern and as one reviewer put it, could easily be in Barcelona.

We had a room on the third floor during a busy meeting. We could hear the noisy lobby at times, but actually we were too exhausted to let it bother us. If you are a light sleeper, go for a higher floor. Overall, the room was very quiet.

The beds are very comfortable and the room spacious enough. It had a tub/shower combo, with a really good shower head and water pressure. I didn't care for the divided door leading to the bathroom. It was hard to open and close and awkward to use. Housekeeping is OK. Amenities are top-notch Aveda products. There were two lounging robes provided in the closet - always a nice touch.

I was particularly impressed after we checked in as a couple and not a single. The bathroom had two sets of towels, and housekeeping showed up about 15 minutes later with an extra set - without being asked - always nice when two are sharing a room.

For a top-notch business/meeting hotel, I was surprised that they did not have a kiosk in the lobby to print boarding passes.

The Renaissance is in a good location and very close to a number of excellent restaurants and a large shopping mall.

My biggest peeve is no free wi-fi, even in the lobby. We used our Sprint aircard that didn't work well even though we had a full strength signal (I hope they are not blocking it).

If you have a rental car and need to leave early for the airport (5:30 am) you will have to go to the front desk and request someone to retrieve your vehicle as there is no valet on duty at that time. That took about 15 minutes. I suggest using self-parking if you have that situation.

Staffing is excellent and well-trained. I think any traveler will be pleased with the overall experience.

Room Tip: Higher floors = less noise from lobby.

Reviewed September 25, 2012

Upper level hotel in very nice area. Short drive to O'Hare about 15-20 mins. If you have evening departure you will be traveling reverse flow on the highway. Only drawback is the expansive design of the hotel, I felt like I was back at the airport. Long hallways and a long hike from the parking lot. It seems even longer if the wind is blowing as it normally is in Chicago. Very comfortable rooms with nice bathroom. Very clean as well. Sheets and pillows were fresh and new feeling.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

I think this hotel, the lobby, and the facilities are beautiful and easy to use. Parking is free, and there's plenty of it. It's easy to get to from O'Hare. The staff is gracious, professional, and always helpful. Restaurants and bars are excellent. The conversation "pits" in the lobby are very cool and very effective. There's a Starbucks in the lobby. We were there on business, but there was a large wedding while we were there, and it looked like it was very well done. The ONLY downside is that there's nothing else around the hotel -- you have to drive or taxi to anything else. But it's in the suburbs, so that's what you typically expect. I highly recommend.

Reviewed September 22, 2012

My daughters and I recently stayed here for 2 nights for my Chicago daughter's wedding shower in Schaumburg. Originally, we booked one double room for all three of us. Upon arrival in the room we noticed a connecting door and immediately phoned the desk to inquire about availability (since I am told I snore!!!). We were told it was available but it was a hospitality suite. Then they gave us a deal that we couldn't pass up. We booked it immediately and I went down to get the key. Upon entry, I was ecstatic. It was beyond my expectations; a huge room with a queen bed, several chairs, a large sectional, coffee table, additional flat-screen TV,,another closet, a Kitchen and another full bath. we loved it so much that instead of eating out, we relaxed and ordered room service, which was delicious. Not only was the staff courteous and very nice, they were very prompt. The next morning we ordered a healthy breakfast of yogurt, muffin, fresh fruit, juice and coffee; so much that we all shared. The rooms are modern with very comfortable pillows and beds, and the bathrooms are spacious with TV's in the morrors. The pool and hottub area is large and clean. The Starbuck's coffee shop is convenient and the bar is beautiful. The bartenders were very friendly and courteous as well. We had a great week-end and will definately stay again.Forgot to mention the amazing view of the fountain. We were at the front of the hotel, would definately request that again; however, the view is not the most important thing unless I am out west. You can always keep your drapes closed.
Marsha Beaubien
Shelby Township, MI

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 17, 2012

I booked our reservation through their official web page. Last time we stayed here I booked thru hotels.com and had a great stay. A room with a view and we were asked if we were there for anything special I happily stated it was our anniversary and we received two free drink passed. Due to the young gentleman who helped us last time and the beautiful view etc. we decided to stay again. I booked the romance package and proudly stated we were celebrating our ten year anniversary. I asked for a high floor, extra pillows and towels. We stayed in room 1243 a room with no view except rooftop, no extra pillows, and no extra towels...which meant my husband used me wet twoel from my shower. The package was not explained very clearly at check in so my husband and I had to go down in the morning to ask for clarification. We ate at Sam and Harrys where the buffet was included in our package. However, a wedding party from the night before was set to have their breakfast package as well. Which meant the line was horrendous, they sat in the same section which made it loud at times as well. The room was nice as far as bed comfort etc. However, really disppointed in the turn of other events. You may want to think twice if your celebrating.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 14, 2012

I enjoy staying here when I'm in town for work. My company has a corporate rate that is a great rate for a property like this. The rooms are great, the beds comfortable. I love the location and easy access to restaurants and shopping. However, I do find the staff to be just a bit "cool" at times.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 14, 2012

I spent a couple of nights at this hotel for business recently and had a very nice stay. The hotel is very modern with great rooms -- comfortable beds, nice bathrooms -- and is very clean. Most of all, I had a great experience with all of the service I received. The breakfasts I had were very tasty, and the hotel is located within an easy drive of many other dining options. Overall, it was a great stay, and I would definitely recommend this hotel to a friend.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business