“Fun experience, especially for the kids!”
Review of Medieval Times

Medieval Times
Book In Advance
More Info
$59.99*
and up
Medieval Times Dinner and Tournament Chicago
Reviewed April 15, 2014

We went here for an early time on Saturday for dinner. You can't miss this giant castle built in the middle of suberbia. They have spared little detail in making it feel like you're going into a castle back in the Middle Ages. Once you're inside be prepared to be bombarded by vendors selling everything from swords to beer with a little bit of everything else in between. After picking up a sword and shield for our 3 year old we made our way to the King's station where he would begin to "knight" those who bought the package. This was fun for the first 3 or 4 kids, by kid 15-16 most people were ready to move into the arena.
Inside you are seated at long banquet tables that face the arena, there really isn't a bad seat. You get to cheer on "your" knight through the entire process and it really is a very cool show that they put on for you. During dinner you'll be eating with your fingers, no utensils in the Middle Ages, so wash your hands before you sit down! The food was okay, you're not paying for the food, you're paying for the show.
The show was a lot of fun, especially for a 3 year old but my wife and I found ourselves cheering along just as emphatically.
Overall this was a lot of fun, we got BOGO tickets and I'm not sure if I would spring for full price tickets. Definitely a fun time and something you should do with the kids at least once.

2  Thank peter p
MTIllinois, Manager at Medieval Times, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2014

Peter,

Thank you very much for your review. We are happy to hear your family enjoyed their time at Medieval Times as we always strive to provide a great experience for all of our guests.

Our sales help to care for and feed 25 of our beautiful Andalusian stallions and all our show horses which are a huge part of our show. We thank you for your support and hope you will visit again soon,

All reviews
"whole family"
in 19 reviews
"great seats"

Reviewed April 14, 2014

My husband and two daughters, 5 & 7 went to a Sunday, 4:30pm show. We were told to get there by 3:15pm. Got our tickets online during spring break as a bogo. At 3:15pm, we walked right in and were given our table assignment. However, the previous show was still going on, so we had over an hour to kill in the overpriced bar/gift shop area. Drinks averaged $7 and gift shop items (swords, princess hats, etc) averaged $15. Adds up fast! The dinner and show were great! Kids were entertained the whole time. Lasted a little over two hours. Recommended!

2  Thank Andrea Z

Andrea,

We are very happy to hear you and your family had a fun time at Medieval Times. We offer various things to do in the Hall of Arms while you wait to be called to your seating area. Our beautiful stallions are showcased behind glass in our hall of stallions and you can also take a tour of our Dungeon of torture. Guests can delight in all the wonderful drinks available in our full service bar or take fun pictures using various costumes in our green screen.
Thank you for your review and we look forward to having you back at our castle soon.

Reviewed April 13, 2014

I brought my eight year old daughter here today for the first time. I have to say, it was money well spent. I went a head and paid for the fun extras (Ladyship Ceremony, Souvenirs) and it was totally worth it. Our wench was very attentive and kind. As well as all those working in the Hall of Arms. After our show we even got to snap photos with our knight, Princess Catalina, and King Don Carlos.

This was my third time there and it is still just as magical as it was the first time. Probably because I am an adult and got to partake in the alcoholic beverages. :)

We will DEFINITELY be back, hopefully sooner than later. 5 stars

Susan,

We are thrilled to hear that you and your daughter had such a great experience at our castle! It truly is a magical experience for guests of all ages. Thank you for your comments and we look forward to having you back soon.

Reviewed April 12, 2014

This place is expensive, but you can always find a discount or coupon somewhere. But the atmosphere, food and production values are excellent. You eat a meal with your hands, of course, but the food was very good. The knights and royalty are dressed in lavish costumes, and you can meet them after the show in the lobby. The horses are gorgeous and quite the equestrian showmen. The knights joust and fight with swords and other weapons -- to the death. (Figuratively, speaking.) They are skilled and agile enough to fall off of horses. My 4 1/2-year-old grandson loved it, as did his father and I, his Nana.

1  Thank DebErlanger
MTIllinois, Manager at Medieval Times, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2014

We are thrilled that you and your family enjoyed themselves at our show as we always strive to provide a great experience for all our guests. Thank you for your review.

See more reviews
Reviewed April 10, 2014

Yeah it is kind of cheesy, but so entertaining. You get a huge dinner and a show! They always have some type of discount/special going on. I could have paid the same amount for a play/musical and not have gotten a meal or the entertainment factor. Who cares if the food wasn't 5 star quality. It was good decent foot and the portions were huge. They give the kids the same portions! My kids, 4 and 8, loved it! It was so entertaining and the characters/knights are so good at what they do. They really try to interact with the kids and get them involved. My daughter got a flower and a sash and she felt so special! Definitely take your kids here as they will love it! My daughter wants to go again for her bday.

1  Thank BL B