“Great Time!”

6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Great Time!”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

With kids or without it is a great place I would go again! We took our 2 kids, ages 6 and 12. The food was fantastic and the show was great! My 6 year old was worried when they began to battle that it was real it was so funny and he had the time of his life when I told him it was all acting like on t.v. lol Take your family there or at least go there yourself. Fun for all ages!

• Polish first
West Michigan
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“unexpected fun!!”
Reviewed March 28, 2013

We decided to go at the last minute as they were offering a two for one special and we didnt know what to expect, but figured we didnt have much to loose. We were very pleasantly surprised! We did not order tickets ahead of time, but took a chance that we would be able to get in by just showing up as we didnt decide to do it until the last minute. We showed up at 715 for the 730 show and were able to get tickets with out a problem. The seating is on a first come first served basis, so coming that late we did not expect our seats to be good. However, here again, we had no problem. Our seats were in the red section, row 10, which is pretty close to the last row (I think there were a couple of rows still behind us) but we had NO trouble seeing everything. I really dont think you need to up front to enjoy the show.
The food was very good and the portions were HUGE. We were first served the soup (which by the way, I almost poured into the mug thinking it was coffee, but decided that I better wait for them to offer it to me...good thing I did becuase the soup would not have mixed well with the cream and sugar I would have put in it!! So dont think that the carafe sitting on the table when you get there is coffee...its not) They then brought around garlic bread which was nice and soft on the inside and crisp on the outside..perfect!
next came a whole 1/2 of chicken that was cooked to perfected and seasoned deliciously! It was also steaming hot..almost too hot to eat with your fingers...since this is what you do with the WHOLE meal..no silverware is given which adds to the fun. Next came two very large potato wedges (equivalent to half a large potato) which again was seasoned very well. After serving that, they came around with a bbq'd rib. This is the only thing I can not comment on as I am not a fan of bbq ribs and by this point was too full to want to try it. looked good, but cant comment. Lastly was a very flaky, delicious apple turn over that was very fresh and good. This was made complete with unlimited water, coffee and pop throught the meal.
the show itself lasted almost 2 hours and occurred during the meal, so you were kept entertained the whole time. the horses were beautiful and the actors were entertaining. The only complaint was that at times it was difficult to follow what they were saying becuase they were talking in "old english' dialoge and accents, so sometimes you couldnt tell what they said, but that was necessary to re-enact the times.
overall, it was a very enjoyable night and we would highly recommend this..
btw--we are 2 adults..no kids with us!

2 Thank ginka7
Park Ridge, Illinois
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Great time having fun with the grandkids!!”
Reviewed March 27, 2013

We've been taking the grand kids since the first one was 4 and have been trying to do it every year for their birthdays. They both love it and so do we. The experience is fun from beginning to end. Even the servers stay in character. The show is beautiful and exciting. The food is fun to eat but a bit messy. It includes dragon's blood, dragon's rib, baby dragon etc. The food is enough for 2 or 3 meals for a senior or the younger children or at least fills up one hungry teenager. The skill of the horsemen is fantastic. The pageantry is awesome and the cheering lets off a lot of steam. I recommend it for anyone young at heart. We are planning next years trip. Try to get there early to have time to see the horses and other exhibits. A word of advice is to try to get a coupon or some other form of discount because they are out there and can save a lot.

Madison, Wisconsin
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 156 helpful votes
“Awesome show!”
Reviewed March 22, 2013

My son and I really enjoy the story and show. The costumes are great and the horses beautiful. It's a show you may want to go to sometime. e ready to yell, you get to cheer for one of the knights. Dinner is good and enough, you get to eat with your hands (dragon soup, rat tail, are included in the menu) the use these kind of names for the food but it's actually tasty ;)
Be aware, they have tons of things from sale for princesses to nights,drinks, etc. So you may want to bring some extra money. I bought the tickets online and at the time to enter they asked me if I wanted to upgrade. It is cheaper if you upgrade your tickets there. Hope this is helpful. Have fun!!

Visited January 2013
Schaumburg, Illinois, United States
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Food average but the experience is a bucket list item.”
Reviewed March 21, 2013

The experience begins at the enterance where you can start interacting with the participants in the reenactment. The food is well prepared, delicious but forget about that since the show is what you go for. The jousting is drama at its best since there is a well performed theme running the entire evening.

1 Thank Francesca Jo C