“Nice Lobby + decent rooms”

Courtyard Chicago Schaumburg
Ranked #12 of 29 Hotels in Schaumburg
Columbus, Indiana
“Nice Lobby + decent rooms”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Had a nice overnight stay at this hotel at affordable cost. Overall very good experience. The room was comfortable, cool, clean, ample parking space, good restaurant options around hotel, comfy beds. Overall very nice experience and would like to come back.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Ormond Beach, Florida
Reviewed October 9, 2013

This hotel was a pleasant surprise. The last few times I used one of these booking sites on line and received a reasonable rate hotel was borderline. Clean, Staff Friendly, Comfortable Bed and Down Pillows, Decent workout room, Bistro was good and all for $82 tax included. You are minutes from Woodfield Mall, surrounded by amazing restaurants, 30 minute ride from Downtown and much more. This property is a winner!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
SLC, Utah
Reviewed October 2, 2013

I just finished a stay here and was very disappointed in the service. I travel a lot for work and am a Marriott Gold member. I book trips through my work's online travel system about 3 times a month and often stay at Marriotts- so I am familiar with the process. I always get reward points with no issues, except when I checked in at this Marriott.

The front desk just kept telling me I booked it incorrectly and was not allowed points for this stay. They seemed to not have an ounce of concern over my issue and were annoyed by my inquiry on this. Aren't I the customer here paying $170 a night? They didn't seem to realize I largely base my decision on which hotel franchise to stay at in order to accrue points. This combined with the fact that Courtyards offer zero benefits to Gold members (free breakfast at all other Marriott properties) reminded me while I will certainly not be staying at this property or Courtyards again and why I should start dusting off my Hilton Honors card. As someone who works at a Fortune 30 company I realize my individual opinion will have zero impact with Marriott, but they have lost one more customer after this experience.

• Stayed October 2013
2 Thank golf_slc
CYSCHGM, General Manager at Courtyard Chicago Schaumburg, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Thank you for posting a review on Trip Advisor. We are very proud of the level of service that we provide at the Courtyard in Schaumburg. We strive to be the cleanest and friendliest hotel! Please accept my apologies for you not being awarded points for a stay booked through a third party website. The terms and conditions of the Marriott Rewards program are something that our staff members are trained on, and when guests inquire about receiving points on a non-qualified stay, we would not want to promise you points that you would not have been awarded by Marriott. Should you have any questions regarding the Marriott Rewards program, feel free to reach out to me directly or refer to the terms and conditions on the Marriott Rewards website. Thank you again for choosing Marriott!
Reviewed October 1, 2013

When you can find a hotel with a really competent front desk staff and an impeccable housecleaning department--stay there! This Marriott Courtyard excels in all of those areas. The only negative is no free breakfast or coffee, but there are the small pots in the rooms. We also enjoyed having a refrigerator.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your fantastic review and the public recognition of our front desk and housekeeping teams. We're glad you enjoyed your stay! And while Courtyards as a brand do not offer a complimentary continental breakfast, our Bistro is open for breakfast and dinner daily and offer many choices to meet your breakfast and dinner needs. Thank you again, and we hope to see you again, soon!
wisconsin
Reviewed September 16, 2013

My husband and I recently stayed here for a quick getaway for our 10 year wedding anniversary. We had points to use and we stayed in Schaumburg last year also. We found this online and from the reviews in here looked good. We were amazed by the service at this hotel. they had a card and bottle of champagne waiting in our room. The check in was greeted by a "happy anniversary" also. the hotel is clean and modern. Thank you thank you thank you for making our stay perfect for such a special occasion. Ps we loved the outdoor fire pit seating area.

Room Tip: the only thing that might change your mind is if you are looking for a place with a big pool and wh...
1 Thank beckmac23
Thank you for choosing the Courtyard Schaumburg as the hotel to spend your annniversary. We're happy we contributed to making your evening special.
Lake Worth, Florida
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Stayed over Labor day weekend; staff were very friendly and helpful. Lobby was decorated with up to date furnishings and kept very clean. Room was larger than most standard rooms and beds were really comfortable. Oversized bathroom which was nice and was very clean and nicely decorated. Would definitely stay there again when in the area.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Grannia
We really appreciate the great review! Thank you for staying with us!
somerset
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Front desk staff were very helpful, rooms were comfortable and clean. Close to everything, shopping, traveling around area, eating. Easy to get to the North area, into Chicago or to the Western Suburbs. Expressways, highways and toll roads were all close by. Plenty of nice places to eat.

Room Tip: we were down away from elevator on 3rd floor and it was very quiet
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
We strive to be the cleanest and friendliest hotel in Schaumburg! Thank you for recognizing our efforts. We hope we can be of service to you again soon!