“Great Hotel for business travel” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Courtyard Chicago Schaumburg

Courtyard Chicago Schaumburg
Ranked #12 of 29 Hotels in Schaumburg
Alberta Canada
“Great Hotel for business travel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for a full week having a training session at the Zurich Towers across the street. I choose this hotel based on reviews on this site and I was not disappointed. Since my flight arrived around 9 am, I wanted to ask the front desk clerk if I could leave my bags and check-in a little early that afternoon; I planed to spend the day exploring the Woodfield Mall. Instead of leaving the bags, she said my room was ready. Awesome! I check-in and headed for the mall.
Everything was great: the staff, the room, the bistro, the fitness center, proximity to everything I needed. The small lobby market and weekday shuttle were very handy too. For future training sessions, I won't hesitate to book this hotel again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank micbou
CYSCHGM, General Manager at Courtyard Chicago Schaumburg, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Thank you for writing a great review! We're glad you found us to be so convenient not only to your work while in Schaumburg, but also to the leisure activities available near Woodfield Mall. Our staff is here to please, and I'm glad they exceeded your expecations. We look forward to your next visit to Schaumburg!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Hortonville, Wisconsin
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2013

We stayed for a shopping weekend, it was blocks away from the Woodfield Mall. We did not eat or drink in the Bistro area. It was not a restaurant/bar, it was just an open area in the lobby, but still looked okay. The food offerings looked mostly pre-packaged. The room was nice. Overall I would stay there again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
CYSCHGM, General Manager at Courtyard Chicago Schaumburg, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Thank you for staying with us. We are located just 2 blocks away from Woodfield Mall. I'm sorry you didn't get to enjoy our Bistro. We don't offer pre-packaged food. We prepare our items fresh each day and are open daily for breakfast and dinner and bar service, as well as offering Starbucks all day long. Next time you stay with us, I'm sure you'll be pleased if you give the Bistro a try.
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

This was a very nice and clean hotel. It was close to shopping,,mall and Ikea. Legoland and Medeviel Times all within 3 miles. There were great restaurants everywhere from upscale to fast food.Easy axcess to highway for a fast trip into Chicago.Had a bistro in lobby with booths for computers and each had it's own TV.The only negative I would have liked to have had some type of night light in the rest room or hall.

Room Tip: We were right above the pool and it was very crowded so I would ask for a floor that was high up.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank agreatday050510
Thank you for staying with us. I'm sorry you didn't get to enjoy our Bistro, which so many guests love. We feature Starbucks coffee and everything from fresh fruit, breakfast pastries to cooked to order eggs. We are also open in the evening for dinner and cocktails. We're glad you found our hotel to be clean and the staff to be friendly. We hope to see you again soon.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

This was my second stay at this location since they fully remodeled; and I can tell you it’s a HOMERUN, I love the Bistro restaurant, business center and seating area are very modern and has an open floor plan; the staff again were very friendly and professional; I stayed one night this time around and the hotel was booked full; when I arrived they had to adjust my King to two queens, but I was compensated from my troubles with breakfast for two; the minor adjustment was a big for me and I appreciated the effort to make sure I was taken care of. The hotel is well maintain, it has a safe environment, very clean and quiet; I look forward to my next vist

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Wow! Thank you for the fantastic review. We appreciate that you love our improvements and are willing to share your recommendation with others. Thanks again for staying with us and we hope we can be of service to you again soon.
Green Bay, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

My husband and I traveled to the Schaumburg area with our two year-old and infant daughters. We were looking for a hotel near Woodfield Mall and IKEA, and we certainly got that with the Courtyard.

Our room (a king with a pullout sofa) wasn't huge, but we still had enough room to add a Pack n Play (provided at no extra cost, which was great). The bed was pretty average and pretty firm. Overall, the room was very clean and a good value for what we paid.

We didn't eat at the hotel - the prices were pretty high - but there were plenty of choices just a short drive away. We were able to use the pool, which was small, but adequate enough for us.

The next time we travel to the Schaumburg area, I would not hesitate to book the Courtyard again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thanks for staying with us and posting a great review. We hope to be of service to you again soon!
detroit
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013

Needed a room for one night while helping my daughter search for an apartment in Chicago. Would rather have stayed downtown or in Evanston, but that would have been more than twice as expensive. For $69.99 a night with free parking, we got a spacious, recently redecorated room, scrupulously clean, with a comfortable bed and large bathroom. The biggest shopping mall in Illinois is just across the road, also nearby are Legoland and Ikea (where my daughter managed to talk me into buying some stuff for the apartment we found her, naturally), a Dominick's supermarket, a Target, and every big-box store known to mankind. Great front desk staff. Beautiful lobby with a little bistro restaurant for drinks and breakfast. (No free breakfast here, but for the price of the room I couldn't quibble.) Agree with earlier reviewers about the pool -- it's tiny -- but I'm mostly all about the hot tub anyway. My sore knees really appreciated it after a day of walking up 3-4 flights of stairs to look at North Side apartments...

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
We're so happy you enjoyed our newly renovated hotel and our Bistro. We are a great affordable alternative to staying in the city. We hope to see you again soon!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

Very clean, helpful staff and really quiet rooms. A great way to control costs The only downside is the pool was very small. Friday night there were about 20 kids in there so it was very crowded. I don't like the new "bistro" so we found Krispy Kreme for breakfast. All in all I would totally stay there again for the location!!

• Stayed March 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
CYSCHGM, Manager at Courtyard Chicago Schaumburg, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Thank you for staying with us while visiting Legoland and Woodfield Mall. Our pool is quite popular and I'm sorry that you found it to be too busy. Our Bistro does offer our guests so many choices, from fresh hot oatmeal and breakfast sandwiches, cooked to order eggs, french toast, as well as quick and easy options like yogurt parfaits, fresh fruit or a pastry to go. Our guests love all the new options our Bistro provides. We're happy you enjoyed your stay.