“House house keeper and awesome customer service”

Courtyard Chicago Schaumburg
Ranked #9 of 29 Hotels in Schaumburg
Reviewed October 5, 2012

Hi, I was on a business trip with Meru Networks on October2-4, 2012 and stayed in this Courtyard Mariott in Schaumburg. I left a bag in the bathroom that had toiletries and a special necklace in it as well as some other jewelry and called the next day and it had been turned in to management by Erendira, the head of housekeeping. It is so nice to know there are honest people like Erendira. I so apprecialte her turning it in.
When I called I spoke with Debbie Ortiz who was so nice, got my phone number, checked to see if found and called me back within 5 minutes. She took my credit card number and is sending to the bag to me Fed Ex. Wow, what a great staff they have. I finished up the call asking for the manager, Holly Zimmer who could not be any nicer and helpful. Marriott you should be proud of having these kind of superior employees working for you. On a last note the food was great and the customer service was awesome as well. This is a first rate hotel.
Trish Ulrich
St. Petersburg, FL

Room Tip: Stay in this hotel because you will get incredible service! This hotel has great management. Keep...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
CYSCHGM, General Manager at Courtyard Chicago Schaumburg, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2012

We were happy to be of service to you! Thank you for the great review and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed October 5, 2012

Stayed here for Ryder cup . Rooms good. Shower good and staff very helpful. Great atmosphere.no breakfast included but good breakfast bar to purchase food. Ate in restaurant and food there excellent! We had a private room with tv on first night so we could catch up on the days golf

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank LindseyMcD

We're so glad you enjoyed your stay at the Courtyard during Ryder Cup. We were happy to be your American host.

Reviewed September 29, 2012

Stayed 4 nights for the Ryder Cup in Room 518. Room was comfortable and clean with a sofa, mini fridge, coffee maker and desk. Free wifi and breakfast was included and was excellent. All the staff were friendly and helpful. Bed was comfortable. There is nothing bad I can say about this hotel or the room. Excellent value and thank you for a nice stay.

Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank LondonJoolz

Thank you for staying with us over Ryder Cup! We're glad we could be your host for the event!

Reviewed September 23, 2012

Recently stayed at this hotel on a 2 night business trip. The hotel is very well maintained, staff is very friendly and helpful. The location is close to everything in the Schaumburg & Arlington Heights area. There are several good resturants including Weber Grilll nearby or within walking distance. The indoor pool and hot tub are clean and nice to use. The fitness center is equipped nicely with everything being in working order.

The only downside to this hotel is they have no bar/lounge. When traveling for business I prefer hotels that have that available and was very surprised that this courtyard did not have that.

If you are looking for a basic no frills hotel with no bar this would be a great place to stay.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
CYSCHGM, General Manager at Courtyard Chicago Schaumburg, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2012

Thank you so much for staying with us. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay! We will be adding a bar and our Bistro in early 2013, so please come back again!

Reviewed September 14, 2012

This courtyard has not been updated so the lobby is in the classic courtyard set-up. If it is updated to the latest courtyard set-up, the hotel would be more appealing on its own. As it stands, the location is the best feature of the hotel.

For the fitness crowd, I recommend walking to the Lifetime Fitness. It will cost you an extra $30 but this is for a 24 hour period, so if yo time it right, you can get two workouts in. The gym in the hotel is basic but if all you need is a treadmill, the one they have should be fine for you.

The laundry room was small with only one washer and two dryers. There was a good size folding counter however.

Nearby there is a large mall with a GNC (also be sure to stop at Disney's Doorway to Dreams) , a Starbucks, a Whole Foods Market and a BP Gas Station. I found the traffic in the morning to be very light so it was easy to get to my meetings.

Staff was efficient but did not give me a very welcoming feeling that you normally get in the midwest.

The room was clean and the shower was set-up well for me with a high shower head. I appreciated the extra towels in the room that I always request but rarely get.

If I returned to the area I will certainly stay here again and maybe buy then the lobby will be updated.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for staying with us. I'm glad you enjoyed our clean hotel with our location near the Woodfield Mall. We will be updating our property soon, so please check back to see our new lobby and guest rooms!

Reviewed September 7, 2012

I was fortunate enough to call this place home for the past week while on a business trip in the greater Chicago area. I have frequented many hotels; after awhile, they all start to blur together. However, this particular abode left a sizable impact due to the simple fact that the staff was wonderfully efficient and friendly. It comes down to this for me: when I'm away from my family, I would much rather deal with employees who are truly caring and sociable than worry about the amount of towels in my bathroom or the price of a breakfast sandwich. If you are looking for a location that will treat you respectfully, you've found it at this establishment.

PS- The breakfast was a bit overpriced... but you always have the choice of not eating there anyways.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for staying with us and for recognizing our friendly staff! We're glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed September 6, 2012

This place is essentially a concrete box plopped on top a sea of parking lots - it is literally surrounded by parking lots in all directions and is not easily found from the road (a simple sign would be nice). There is nothing special about this hotel. The front desk was efficient, but seemed to be just going through the motions to get me processed (Gold status meant nothing). The lobby was spacious, but cheaply decorated with uncomfortable furniture. The bed was comfortable, and the room was clean - I will give them that. The carpets and sofa in the room had seen their day, and the room had that musty cheap hotel smell that comes from lack of central air. The rooms were poorly insulated, I heard doors slamming and toilets flushing all night long, and very detailed conversations that my neighbors were having - a sign of cheap construction. The shower was not adjustable and spewed in all directions, and the in room coffee tasted like dirty dish water. Not a bad place to stay if you need to park your head down for the night (if you don't mind listening to your neighbors) and get some Marriott points. However, I have been to many Marriotts over the last 25 years and this was below expectations, even for a Courtyard.

Room Tip: Do yourself a favor and stay away from stairways so you dont hear doors slamming all night
1  Thank EricG123

Thank you for staying with us. I'm sorry that you did not find your stay to be satisfactory. We do have staff on duty 24 hours per day to address any guest needs. We do want our guests to be happy and had you reported any of your concerns to our staff, we would have been happy to address them while you were still in the hotel.