“Nice location for business travel”

Courtyard Chicago Schaumburg
Ranked #8 of 29 Hotels in Schaumburg
Reviewed September 14, 2012

This courtyard has not been updated so the lobby is in the classic courtyard set-up. If it is updated to the latest courtyard set-up, the hotel would be more appealing on its own. As it stands, the location is the best feature of the hotel.

For the fitness crowd, I recommend walking to the Lifetime Fitness. It will cost you an extra $30 but this is for a 24 hour period, so if yo time it right, you can get two workouts in. The gym in the hotel is basic but if all you need is a treadmill, the one they have should be fine for you.

The laundry room was small with only one washer and two dryers. There was a good size folding counter however.

Nearby there is a large mall with a GNC (also be sure to stop at Disney's Doorway to Dreams) , a Starbucks, a Whole Foods Market and a BP Gas Station. I found the traffic in the morning to be very light so it was easy to get to my meetings.

Staff was efficient but did not give me a very welcoming feeling that you normally get in the midwest.

The room was clean and the shower was set-up well for me with a high shower head. I appreciated the extra towels in the room that I always request but rarely get.

If I returned to the area I will certainly stay here again and maybe buy then the lobby will be updated.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
CYSCHGM, General Manager at Courtyard Chicago Schaumburg, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2012

Thank you for staying with us. I'm glad you enjoyed our clean hotel with our location near the Woodfield Mall. We will be updating our property soon, so please check back to see our new lobby and guest rooms!

Reviewed September 7, 2012

I was fortunate enough to call this place home for the past week while on a business trip in the greater Chicago area. I have frequented many hotels; after awhile, they all start to blur together. However, this particular abode left a sizable impact due to the simple fact that the staff was wonderfully efficient and friendly. It comes down to this for me: when I'm away from my family, I would much rather deal with employees who are truly caring and sociable than worry about the amount of towels in my bathroom or the price of a breakfast sandwich. If you are looking for a location that will treat you respectfully, you've found it at this establishment.

PS- The breakfast was a bit overpriced... but you always have the choice of not eating there anyways.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for staying with us and for recognizing our friendly staff! We're glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed September 6, 2012

This place is essentially a concrete box plopped on top a sea of parking lots - it is literally surrounded by parking lots in all directions and is not easily found from the road (a simple sign would be nice). There is nothing special about this hotel. The front desk was efficient, but seemed to be just going through the motions to get me processed (Gold status meant nothing). The lobby was spacious, but cheaply decorated with uncomfortable furniture. The bed was comfortable, and the room was clean - I will give them that. The carpets and sofa in the room had seen their day, and the room had that musty cheap hotel smell that comes from lack of central air. The rooms were poorly insulated, I heard doors slamming and toilets flushing all night long, and very detailed conversations that my neighbors were having - a sign of cheap construction. The shower was not adjustable and spewed in all directions, and the in room coffee tasted like dirty dish water. Not a bad place to stay if you need to park your head down for the night (if you don't mind listening to your neighbors) and get some Marriott points. However, I have been to many Marriotts over the last 25 years and this was below expectations, even for a Courtyard.

Room Tip: Do yourself a favor and stay away from stairways so you dont hear doors slamming all night
1  Thank EricG123

Thank you for staying with us. I'm sorry that you did not find your stay to be satisfactory. We do have staff on duty 24 hours per day to address any guest needs. We do want our guests to be happy and had you reported any of your concerns to our staff, we would have been happy to address them while you were still in the hotel.

Reviewed August 11, 2012

I recently stayed at this hotel for 5 days for a conference. To start with, the Marriott.com screwed up my reservation, so when I arrived at the hotel they didn't have it. The front desk were sooooo nice and took care of everything. They gave me a double on the 5th floor. The room was very quiet and large. There was a pull out desk you can roll anywhere in the room, a small fridge and a huge LCD tv.

The location is right across the mall so you have assess to at least 30-40 restaurants while being tucked away in a small business park. I did not get the breakfast, but it's close to $10 per adult which is a little steap.

Overall, I had a great stay, excellent staff all very friendly and helpful. Would definatley stay again if in the Schaumburg area.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank Desi_traveler_77
CYSCHGM, General Manager at Courtyard Chicago Schaumburg, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2012

I'm so happy you enjoyed your stay. I'm glad our staff was able to assist you with your reservations and you liked the restaurants close by. Hope to see you again, soon!

Reviewed August 4, 2012

I made a one night reservation at this location for a dance competition. My daughters team ended up qualifying for the championships so we needed to stay another night. When we returned to the hotel to see if we could get a room one more night - they were without power - due to an off premises issue. Sara (manager) could not have been more helpful or pleasant given the difficult situation. No power no computers to check in guests. I watched her handle each guest with utmost care and professionalism. The rooms and amenities are wonderful, but the staff makes the place.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Thank you so much for staying with us. And thank you for recognizing Sara who displayed grace under pressure during the unexpected power outage. I'm glad we exceeded your expectations and hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed July 30, 2012

All the Courtyards I have stayed at have always been very modern and clean; the Schaumburg location also offers a very friendly staff and convenient location with lots of good restaurant choices. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank J304C

Thank you for your kind review. I'm happy you enjoyed your stay. We strive to be the cleanest and friendliest hotel in Schaumburg. Please come back soon!

Reviewed July 29, 2012 via mobile

Excellent experience. Clean room, friendly staff, working wifi. Pool, jacuzzi, great location with ample restaurants.
Only negatives are:
Pool was very small
Breakfast is not free about 11.00 per person incl kids.

Other than that it was a great stay.

• Stayed: July 2012

Thanks for staying with us! I'm glad that you found our hotel to be clean and our staff to be friendly. While we don't offer a free continental breakfast, our hot breakfast buffet is great way to start your day. I hope you travels bring you back here soon.