“Great Chicago Food”

Portillo's
Ranked #2 of 323 Restaurants in Schaumburg
Cuisines: Italian, American, Fast Food
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Kids, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Celina, Texas
“Great Chicago Food”
Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

When I think of Chicago food, I think of Italian beef, sausage and Chicago dogs. So that's what I had at Portillo's and it was great. Dog was perfect with all the fixins, and I also had a combo sandwich with beef and Italian sausage. It was the perfect meal for our first night in Chicagoland. It is also very reasonably priced, which makes it even better. Will definitely go back next time I'm in town!!

• Polish first
“Classic”
Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

This place also has an Italian eatery inside, basically two different restaurants in one. Good food and very friendly atmosphere. I enjoyed the history displayed everywhere. Though very busy during my visit I would still eat here again.

Arlington Heights, Illinois
“Don't pass it up. Pull over and order!”
Reviewed June 30, 2014

Ahhhhhhhhh Portillo's. My vice. Treat yourself to a Beef & Cheddar Croissant and a chocolate cake shake. You will not be disappointed... or Hungry

• Visited June 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
“Over rated ”
Reviewed June 26, 2014 via mobile

They ran out of chocolate syrup and didn't notice until our order. It was a Wednesday night at 6:00. They didn't know what to do, so they sat our order under the lights, until I figured out it was our order and asked for the food until they figured out what to do. No one came up to us during our meal to offer a substitution. So after our meal, we asked for the money back, and they obliged.
Great: onion rings, garden salad, prices
Ok: Hot dog, fries, service
Not the best: hamburger

Mayville, Wisconsin
“awesome when we come to Illinois we have to stop”
Reviewed June 23, 2014

Fantastic. Shared a roast beef and cheese crosiant, hotdog, and a cake shake.All my favorites! If you are here eat what was previously mentioned, order extra sweet peppers and go next door and get a chopped salad---those salads are to die for! This is the best taste of Chicago ever and you will crave it and make it a stop when you are in the area.

• Visited June 2014