“Over Rated”

Portillo's
Ranked #3 of 343 Restaurants in Schaumburg
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed November 19, 2012

This is a very famous and busy restaurant in Schaumburg, known for it's Italian Beef and hot dogs. I had the Italian beef twice, while tasty I would just say it was okay, nothing to write home about. My wife did like the fish sandwich on our second visit. Why go a second time ifnit was just okay, we where in a hurry and heading to the airport and sometimes, all right is better than bad.

Reviewed November 16, 2012 via mobile

Great atmosphere. Friendky and speedy service. Food is excellent and for the price you can't beat it. Will be back again soon.

Reviewed November 13, 2012

a little salty for my taste, however I usually go to the other counter in there which sells superb pasta... you have to go just because its Chicago's very own!

Reviewed November 12, 2012

The all beef hot dog with all the accoutrement is fabulous - no other dog compares. The chocolate cake (I hear the special ingredient is mayo!) is the best ever too!

Reviewed November 3, 2012 via mobile

I have been coming to this place since they opened. My children love the all beef Jumbo hotdogs in the poppy seed buns with fries and a drink. I prefer the Italian beef on French bread. I also enjoy the Combo! It is Italian beef and a polish sausage together! Yummy! Interesting antiques are arranged and moved once and a while. Sometimes there are long lines but the staff tries to accommodate you. The taste of the food is worth the wait. Parking can be a bit challenging and leaving the parking lot can also be a challenge. The local police department helps at the busy times of the day! Have fun and enjoy the food!