“Wonderful and Authentic Food * Highly Recommended”
Review of Bacowka

Bacowka
Ranked #28 of 406 Restaurants in Schaumburg
Reviewed March 31, 2019

They open at 11 AM and we arrived about 11:30 for lunch and unfortunately the soup specials aren't served until noon, so we passed on those but would have loved to try them. The service was really slow but when the food arrived it was amazing. We tried the sampler platter and would definitely order that again. We also tried the breaded pork cutlet with egg which came with a sampler of salads which were all very good. The menu is in Polish and English and easy to maneuver and the servers all seem to speak both languages. Everything was spot on and absolute wonderful. We went down the strip mall to the Polish grocery store and were able to buy some wonderful Polish fare to cook at home too. When we are back in the area, we definitely will be back. Lovely restaurant and it is decorated in a backwoods welcoming way.

Date of visit: March 2019
Write a reviewReviews (69)

Reviewed March 25, 2019

The wife and I stopped in for dinner and was not impressed. We have been here a number of times and have never had any issues and have been very pleased with those visits. Not so much tonight. Service was next to terrible and food just was not what we have experienced in the past. I am sure we will still be back although we hope with better food and service.

1  Thank BSJ3258
Reviewed March 19, 2019

Wonderful, honestly Polish cooking. The sampler platter is huge with all the traditional Polish favorites. Desserts are not to be missed either. Good service, friendly wait staff. Highly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed January 7, 2019 via mobile

I was passing through and staying in Schaumburg for the night and looked on trip advisor for something good to eat. I saw Bacowka and decided to give it a go. I’ve never had traditional Polish food. I wasn’t really sure what to order but the menu is pretty self explanatory even if I can’t pronounce the actual names of the dishes. The service was on point ,“Angelika” my bartender, as was the food. If you like good comfort food in large portions, I highly recommend Bacowka.

Date of visit: January 2019
2  Thank V2337FJdavidg
Reviewed December 15, 2018

Excellent polish food and service is great. This my second visit to this restaurant, I urge everyone to try their sampler dish. Comes with potato pancakes, sausage, sauerkraut kraut, and stuffed cabbage, they give generous portions of sour cream and horse radish. Waitress is very helpful about food suggestions and beer. Tried their pork shoulder....three of us shared as an appetizer . Lol....we alll agreed next, we will all get our own pork shoulder. Shots of Vodka is a great way to add to the food experience.

Date of visit: December 2018

Been to Bacowka? Share your experiences!