“Huge portions, average service.”

Yu's Mandarin Restaurant
Ranked #34 of 337 Restaurants in Schaumburg
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed August 13, 2014

Big portions n tasty enough.
But the server does not recommend or help in menu choice.
They are more servers than waiters, not much personal service.
Order one dish less for total no of persons eating.
Busy place, many patrons but food cooked fast.

Reviewed July 12, 2014

This restaurant is hidden in a strip mall but the food is fantastic. I try to go this place every single time that I am in town. The décor and service is typical of all Chinese restaurants. What makes this restaurant special is the food. The food is impeccable regardless of what you get. The restaurant is well-known for their home-made noodles made-from-scratch but my favorite dish is the Walnut Shrimp. The shrimp is crispy on the outside and so moist on the inside. The walnut is sweet and crunchy. The broccoli on the side is done perfectly. The sauce they put on this dish is amazing. I have never had any other Walnut Shrimp dish that even compare to YU's. This is one of my favorite Chinese restaurants in Chicago. I would highly recommend it.

1  Thank babeboo
Reviewed June 28, 2014

We were there for lunch, party of 8, during the weekday. Service was fast and prompt as always. lunch menu came with the side rice and soup, but dinner menu was available also. it has been 4 years since last time I was here, maybe I was expecting too much. This visit did not have the wow factor like the last time. Don't get me wrong, food was delicious overall but just felt like it was missing something. I will be going back for dinner before I head back home........ If you love Chinese food, this place is a must!!

Reviewed June 17, 2014

We went here with our family of 10. We had a reservation and we were seated immediately. The service was attentive and quick. We choose about 8-10 dishes and everything arrived promptly and was delicious.

Reviewed June 14, 2014

Yu's Mandarin is located in a strip mall with ample parking. Featuring a subdued and tasteful Asian decor, the restaurant is large with a main dining area and sizable rooms to the left and right of the main area. The extensive menu offers a wide variety of Chinese dishes as well as a solid selection of both alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks. We have enjoyed many of the appetizers and entrees and always found them to be substantial portions made with flavorful, high quality ingredients. Unlike some other reviewers, our service experience has been a good one with servers quick, friendly and professional----particularly impressive given that the restaurant is usually full. While the food and service at Yu's are top-notch, there are two additional reasons that dining here is a special experience. First, is the see-through kitchen. Spanning the length of the main dining area, the glassed-in kitchen has several woks immediately adjacent to the glass wall where, if one is seated relatively close, you can watch the chefs in action. The second factor that raises Yu's above the ordinary is that they make their own noodles----a factor that becomes readily apparent when one enjoys any of the noodle-based dishes. A "don't miss" aspect of this restaurant is the noodle shows that are presented every Friday and Saturday evening, when chefs demonstrate the fascinating process of creating noodles from a large block of dough. If you find yourself northwest of Chicago and craving Chinese cuisine, Yu's is a very solid option.